Stratholm bots are so easy to see yet the same ones have existed on my server for 6 months, or since i transfered

They’ve given tons of responses to the botting situation. It’s not like you’d believe anything they said anyways, so why even bother asking them to respond?

2 Likes

Apart from the wall of text OP wrote, this is just so wrong lmao. Where are said responses (and actions ?) They so this on literally every server for month

What… have they said regarding the botting situation in Classic? 'Cause it’s a deafening silence from what I’ve seen. I see nothing in the stickies, nor do I see any news articles or any correspondence at all about it.

2 Likes

It’s not wrong, it’s a fact. Like I said, none of you would care because it’s not going to be what you want to hear. Blizzard has responded to the botting situation and accusations that they’re not doing anything plenty of times.

“Blizzard has responded to the botting situation and accusations that they’re not doing anything plenty of times.”

Where? And why has there been no impact whatsoever by Blizzard’s actions in Classic? The only impact Blizzard has had is their resounding silence and lack of action promoting more botting from people who would normally worry about being banned… because no one is getting banned.

How can bots that have done nothing but farm nearly 24/7 in the same instance go unbanned for months?

3 Likes

Here’s one post, there’s a lot more:

That’s a completely hollow post paying lip service. Players know just how ineffective Blizzard’s anti-botting stance is, and the bots that farm for months finally getting banned means nothing when they just make more accounts using a tiny fraction of their botted money.

Not sure how this is anything but laughable to anyone.

3 Likes

Mmm, just like I said.

2 Likes

If Blizzard was actively banning bots we wouldn’t see the same generic 3 mage 1priest 1 druid teams running Strat 24/7. Keep eating up what a a forum moderater completely unrelated to the development team posted once tho.

Imagine being so ignorant of the world around you that you pretend bots aren’t taking over more and more of the server every day. The perfect corporate drone. Pathetic.

1 Like

If all they do is say, “we can’t tell you any details, but we’re doing stuff and it’ll work we promise” and nothing ever really changes… their method isn’t working. Or it’s just lip service.

3 Likes

It’s been posted tons of times.

Imagine continuing to pay this company you despise and think lies to you so much. “I hate you, TaKE My MonEY!!!111”

2 Likes

the fact that people point at things blizzard have said about botting and didnt read where i mocked their idea of ban waves and how if it hasnt worked for 15 years its not going to magically stick one day shows there are still people that sympathies with blizzard and im dumbfounded by that. what blizzard needs is to actually care about the players, not the people making money off their games by using bots.

2 Likes

I want you to answer me truthfully. Why do you think the forums exploded in the last week with all the bot threads? Why now? Why is everyone complaining about the bots ruining the game now?

It’s an echo chamber effect, the situation is being overstated. Heartseeker has the 2nd or 3rd highest Alliance population and there’s currently 30 people in Strat. I’ve added those names to my friends list like I’ve done before and I’ll watch their names go offline permanently just like they have times before.

Stop propagating misinformation, Blizzard bans bots.

2 Likes

maybe they should actually show off their “top 100 workplaces” status and actually hire some gms, instead of just in-taking money without doing anything to earn it

1 Like

They have tons of GMs. Blizzard’s CS team numbers around 1,000. It’s the largest in the entire gaming industry.

1 Like

and yet its the worst at actually taking action to problems the community puts forward

4 Likes

The bots have been complained about for months, it’s just hitting critical mass. I know what I see in game - and it’s inexcusable.

2 Likes

About twelve days ago, China announced 200,000 bots banned in a week period. Last week they announced 100,000 bots banned. Have you seen these threads and the list of names they post up on the Chinese WoW website?

1 Like

Why haven’t they announced that in NA? How many are those bots relative to how many there actually are? Why aren’t they hiring more people specifically to combat the bot problem?

Why are you so adamant there’s no problem when I can see it in game?

2 Likes

last time i played a game that was close to this lvl of dev incompetence was EvE Online. They flipped it around in less than a month, made it mandatory for devs to play the game, and made events of them blowing up botters loot and banning them as they watch it happen. and awesome, good for china, where does that effect us now? cuz um last i checked… oh yea thats right, china bliz is not the same one that does anything for us.

1 Like