Strange, getting kicked from dungeon despite making to the last boss

Hi All,

Tonight was a strange experience. I queued 10 5-men BFA dungeon runs as a tank and got kicked out in 4 of them. None of them tells me any reason why I was kicked. Tonight is the first time I experienced kick that I never experienced in the past 7 days running dungeons.

Out of the 4 dungeons I was kicked, in 3 of them (2 snake dungeons and 1 freehold) we made to the last boss then I got instantly kicked, no reason why. The one that we didn’t make it to the last boss, we were in Waycrest Manor and I said only one sentence in chat: “I have never done this dungeon before”, after 2 pulls I was kicked. Note that in these 4 dungeons, no one died from beginning to the end.

I did notice something, 2 out of the 3 dungeons that we made to last bosses, one team’s 3 members belong to the same guild and all the members of the other team belong to the same guild except me. I searched online and some players say people may be kicked to make rooms for guildies. Is that true?

Regarding the one that I was kicked after 2 pulls in Waycrest Manor, I really have no idea why I was kicked because after 2 successful pulls, we were fine as no one died and then I got kicked and got the 30-minute cannot-rejoin-dungeon debuff.

Are random and planned kickings common on WoW now? If yes, then I won’t queue another dungeon ever again.

Thanks!

Wow has an awful community but even with that you shouldn’t be getting kicked that often… Especially as a tank after 2 pulls. A word of advice, If you ever get into a group from Ragnaros and they are all in the same guild… leave before the run even starts.

Hi Ma’am,

Thank you for your reply. So I guess guild teams do kick non-guild members. But in this case, why do they even start running dungeon before the team is full of guild members?

Almost every time a kick happens for no apparent reason its usually a guild doing it or RL friends doing it in my experience. I think its harassment and they can be reported if they really did it for no reason.

2 Likes

Signs to be wary of as I have seen this.

All same guild. Not all kick but the ones that have kicked…were all same guild for me.

If in SL dungeon leveling…3 60’s. either its going to be cake walk. OR they may kick you at some point. I guess necrotic has a rare goodey they wanted minimal rollers on? Dunno…never looked at its loot tables.

One kick I got they voted the other non 60 off the island. Reason…because. They literally typed because

I declined. then I got my load screen. I guess the other non 60 was not as nice as I was. as I am sure the reason for me was because as well.

3 Likes

In this case we are on the same boat.

I also noticed something when I think back, those 4 dungeons I was kicked, throughout the entire runs no one said a thing in party chat, it was complete radio silence. The only sentence I said was “I have never done this dungeon before”. My guess is they were talking on another channel, discord or guild or community chat.

This experience has really left a bad taste in the mouth. I guess I will cross out queueing dungeons in the future.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

3 people from the same guild is always a red flag. Need to keep your head down and don’t make a squeak and they maybe won’t notice you. Normally it’s fine but just like you I’ve seen them picking off people just for the “lulz”.

3 Likes

Hi Sir,

Thank you for your input. Last time I ran dungeon was back in 2006 (I only played Classic, TBC and Wrath then stopped and returned to play SL) and if there would be a kick, members would argue in chat before the kick happened.

Nowadays it seems the dungeon kick can be silent and without any reason. Can’t believe WoW has evolved to this awful state with this kind of behavior.

I’m sorry you had such a bad experience =(

It makes me wonder if people look side-ways at me and my friends if we do some random dungeons while being in the same guild. Hopefully not as we are well-behaved! It leaves food for thought, though.

2 Likes

Makes me sad how ugly pugging low-stakes dungeons (leveling, normal, etc) can be these days. Really silly, there’s no good reason for it, and it definitely didn’t use to be that way. Low level dungeons used to be one of the things I did most and the bulk of those experiences were positive or at worst neutral.

1 Like

Sounds pretty trashy of them… but let me ask a few questions to kinda grasp the situation better. Do you have DPS meters? If so, where do you place. Where they talking down o you? saying anything?

1 Like

What’s their side of the story?

1 Like

Hi Holigreen,

There was no one talking in chat, when I ran the dungeons with them, I found it weird, when I think back now. All other 6 successful dungeon runs had some degree of communication, but not those 4 dungeons that I was kicked.

The irony is no one died in the 4 dungeons I was kicked, while some members died in the other 6 dungeon runs that we took down the bosses in the end.

Sounds like they were probably using voice chat in Discord or something along those lines.

1 Like

I wouldn’t take it personally. millions of people play this game, bound to be a few jerks

2 Likes

Sorry you had this experience, some people in this game are just small people in the real world, so they make up for it by being insufferable and rude to others in the game.

People gave been doing troll kicking since the dungeon finder came out. I’ve seen people kicked for asking to go afk for just a minute, people have been kicked for explaining a mechanic, etc. Not LFG, but as a main tank, just the other day I was in an Anduin pug with an especially sweaty raid lead who demanded everyone be in discord.

He was saying that you could only aquire 50 hope maximum in the bottom phase. I corrected him by saying that you can actually gain 60 hope. I didn’t say it unkindly, either. Yet still, he said “you know what, no” and kicked me from the group.

People are just rude. Sorry this happened.

1 Like

Honestly, its trash of them… but some groups if you aren’t holding up with the dps, they’ll kick you. Better luck next time… some people aren’t willing teach.

1 Like

Hi Holigreen,

I was tank in these 10 dungeon runs, and I did my best tanking, and as told, none of them died in the 4 runs that I was kicked.

Hi Adaia, thank you for your experience and kind words. I will let this experience slide. :grinning:

Did you make sure to follow the required ilvl protocols?

Its a poop of a dungeon if you dont know the route. Whenever I did it on dps or heals I prayed that the leader knew the way because I mostly didn’t. It takes a fair few runs before you figure it out so being kicked for ignorance of it isnt unusual. If I were you I’d only do it as dps and let someone else lead the way and get abused.

I dont believe its possible for someone to be invited to a queued dungeon. If you form a full group and walk in, yes, but if its a queued random then no, you cant invite someone, you can only apply to the queue for a replacement at random.

And no, kicks aren’t as common as some make out. I have over my WoW playing life done thousands of random dungeons and the number of kicks for me are, I’d say, less than 20. You may get a small run of them but then again you may go for months without having another.

And good luck for future attempts.

2 Likes