Strange FPS

I’m having odd FPS in the latest 10.0 WoW with macOS Ventura. I have an M1 Max 32gpu 16" MacBook Pro. I have a 4k FreeSync monitor with Refresh Rate set to Variable (48-144Hz) in macOS settings. I have VSync turned on in WoW. With Triple Buffering enabled i get stuttering and lower than usual FPS. With Triple Buffering disabled I get good FPS when looking around with my mouse, but as soon as I lift my mouse button it drops to 48 FPS constantly. Looking around with my mouse again brings the FPS back up to normal again.

1 Like

I have the same exact issue on the m1 pro. Im stuck at 50 fps with triple buffering and vsync on (my screen is 75hz) . Without triple buffering i get 75fps but drop to 37.5 when not moving. It sucks but at least we know the problem is not on our side.

1 Like

Just to be sure, I deleted my config.wtf and restarted without any externals peripherals or monitors connected. Using just my MacBook I was able to reproduce the same problem on it’s internal display and trackpad. I sent a bug report.

1 Like

Let me know if you have find a fix or something.
thx!

Can confirm the same. With Vsync enabled, I get 72 fps when not looking around with the mouse, looking around I get 130+

With Vsync disabled, I get 120+ all the time.

1 Like

So after working to fix this bug for 2 days, i can say that the problem is on Ventura and not Wow. I just reinstalled montery and it works fine

Thanks for the update. I think Omegal indicated that it’s Apple’s fault and they broke variable refresh rate in Ventura, which is confirmed by you now. Looks like we have to wait until Apple fixes it.

1 Like

Make sure to report your bug in the Feedback assistant in MacOS so Apple knows.
As I can’t include url’s, if do don’t know where to find it, do a Google on Feedback Assistant MacOS and click the one on support Apple site.

Great idea. I have sent feedback to Apple using the macOS app.

1 Like

Hey guys, is there any fix for this ?