Stranded on an Island prompt

Your character is stranded on an island.

If you have magical means of getting around, all power is lost for now.

If you have mechanical contraptions that could fly or teleport, they’re all busted for now.

If you have anything like a hearthstone it either won’t work or you lost it.

Any flying mount went missing, is dead or you are far too far from any civilization to think about letting your mount fly anywhere.

Your character is truly stranded.

FOUR items are unharmed/not damaged in your characters possession. What are they?

And how does your character react and behave during these circumstances with the items they have?

Do they begin searching the island? Researching whats there? Look for life or food? Are they panic ridden? Are they natural born survivors?

7 Likes

I feel like being a druid is cheating.

Go cat form and sneak around to explore or hunt.

If there’s nothing to hunt, go stag form and graze.

Items? We don’t need no stinkin’ items!

6 Likes

Crowngarde brings potatoes, and starts growing potatoes. Potatoes fried with some sea salt are great.

2 Likes

You forgot to use your Aquatic Form and pretend you’re playing subnautica!

1 Like

wouldnt be sint’s first time, and hey, this time she’s not an amnesiac!

luckily she’s gone through tons of survival scenarios both on and off the battlefield, from actual situations where she needs to survive, to hypothetical training situations.

sint’s sword is unbreakable by most known methods, so its a given that it stays intact. (that and she really doesnt want to replace another sword so soon.) her flask, her bootknife, and her metal leg would probably be the other things she’d want to keep completely intact. she can lose the arm and her clothes, she can cope without the arm and she knows some rudimentary tailoring skills.

its very likely the first thing sint does is make sure she’s alone on the island, or at the very least in her immediate area. on the way, she gets her necessities in check, and later finds a safe(ish) place to live in. from that point, either sint decides she likes living alone until her wife tracks her down and drags her home, or sint builds a boat.

the only major problems i can see coming is mechanical failure in her leg, and the issue that she’s going at this 1 handed. no daughter of the dagon clan can let such things keep her down for long!

2 Likes

Hahahahaha

Okay let’s do this. Altielle has an enchanted bag attached to a pocket dimension, allowing her to fit just about anything in there. I’m assuming including everything inside is cheating, so in this case I’m saying it spontaneously combusted upon impact, but managed to spill out on or two fancy stuff.

First thing that falls out is a silver dragonhawk plushie Altielle received as a gift last night from a friend. Second is a steamy romance novel. Clearly the tools of a survivor.

Aside from that, she’s got her dagger on her, then the lamp which she’s stuffed the soul of her succubus inside. Surely the demon will help her survive!

No. I said she has her lamp with a demon in it, not the demon. The lid was bent shut and Altielle is unable to retrieve her succubus out of it. The only benefit she will receive is the heat of the lamp’s enchanted flames and some taunting quips from the demon every time she messes up.

I suppose her dagger might help her in a general sense. She can carve wood with it and fashion tools. Exploring the island is a bust because she’s:

A) Lazy as heck.
B) Struggles to walk already. And she’s wearing a dress.

She’s never hunted an animal before, so I doubt she’ll be successful right away. Fortunately for her, she’s a nightborne so absorbing magic can suppliment nourishment. She can scavenge mana crystals, and in cases of extreme desperation she can drain life and empower hers with fel.

She can survive, I guess. That is until she’s turned the island into a charred skeleton drained of all life. Luckily for her that brings the attention of angry druids who sense a disturbance in the Force. So instead of surviving an island she gets to survive druid jail.

3 Likes

If it’s really a Huge Island. I probably start a Small Camp and think about Building a Boat or a Ship to get off.

In terms of tools I would need to make a Knife and make a Stick to then thinking about building some kind of furnace in terms of making Stone Weapons like Hammers, Axes, and of course probably making the Spears sharp.

It’ll probably be atleast long progress to do in terms of the ship or boat but as long as I don’t encounter any native tribes who are hostile. I’ll be fine as long as I stay to the shore.

2 Likes

Alright lets go.

Rose would find her knife, compass, water-skin, and journal undamaged. She would begin to slowly explore the island, looking for a fresh supply of both water and food whilst cataloging her surroundings.

She would most likely set her mind on escape in some form or capacity, and start gathering the materials necessary to build a boat or raft. During her time growing up in Kul Tiras she worked in Tiragarde for a time with the ferry network, gaining enough experience to be confident enough in her skills when it comes to navigation and boat repair. The compass would come in if she managed to successfully build a boat and escape the island.

The only major problems I could see would be if there were hostile forces on this island, or if there isn’t a sufficient supply of material for boat/raft construction. If this is like a barren atoll only 200 yards wide then she’s absolutely screwed.

2 Likes

A severe alcholic, Ohtion would probably be in for a rough time. He drinks heavily on a daily basis, and the withdrawal symptoms would set in pretty fast. He could possibly mitigate some of them by healing them, but most of it he would just have to ride out, and hope he doesn’t have any seizures or anything. He would probably try fermenting fruit at least one time and give himself the runs.

That being said, being a seasoned monster hunter and itinerant adventurer would have him pretty well set up for establishing a camp, trapping game, etc. He would have his sword with him, a cooking pot, a length of rope, and his traveling cloak. The sword is enchanted, of elven make, stolen from his paternal grandfather’s armory in Quel’thalas so it likely wouldn’t dull too fast, and he could use it as a tool. His campsite would be established in the jungle or forest , just off of the beach for close access to the sea. He’d use his pot to get fresh water, either through boiling or building a solar still with it and his cloak. He is actually an okay potter, never able to grasp the artistic side of it, but would be able, if he found clay, to make more pots and containers to collect rainwater or otherwise make fresh water. Getting that system going would probably be his priority. He would set traps for smaller game, and/or make spears for larger animals and fishing. Being a paranoid SOB, he’d soon quickly get to work on a palisade around his camp, and probably lay more than a few punji pits and trous de loup around the perimeter of his camp.

All in all, the experience, if he survived it which he has a decent chance of doing so, would probably be good for him. I would imagine he would not want another drink after going through that intense separation from his main vice.

1 Like

I meet the indigenous population and while wary they teach me precise fighting techniques which I mix with my street fighting to form my own style of fistweaving and then I join their fight against two new factions that wind up on their shores not long after their protective clouds fail them in the wake of corrupted earth warden attacks.

TL:DR this is essentially exactly how Myst wound up on Pandaria and learned to be a Mistweaver.

Try being undead :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t need to eat, I can just build a shelter and wait for a ship.

In all seriousness though, while she’s not going to starve, Sarestha is a death knight. So there’s other ways in which she needs to feed.

Sarestha is almost never seen without her armour and her runeblade - I’m assuming they count as items, because she would have been wearing them. She would also carry some paper and a quill, as she likes writing.

In terms of food and water, Sara’s actually A-O-K - she doesn’t eat or drink, she doesn’t need to. In terms of decomposition under the hot island sun she’s also pretty alright - DK’s are made of stronger stuff than most undead.

She does however need to sate her secret shame - the urge all death knights have to cause suffering. So she’s going to need to hunt, something she already does to sate. She’ll then kill a bunch of wild animals to prevent herself going insane. That’s going to be gruesome :confused:

In her spare time she’d keep a lookout for passing ships, and possibly spend her time writing. She’s really into Lordaeron and her kingdom’s politics so if she wrote, she’d probably write about that. Perhaps she’d write a History of Lordaeron, up to and including the Forsaken and the Horde, the legitimate successor state of course :stuck_out_tongue: Perhaps she’d write a few open letters to political leaders. Perhaps she’d, over time, come to enjoy the peace and freedom from obligation this solitude gives her, though she’d feel guilty for doing so.

So yeah I suppose she’d be calm about it, in her way. She’d probably be more angry that she’s stuck than panicked about it.

1 Like
  • Combat knife
  • Journal
  • Flint striker
  • Trousers

Right then. Let’s see what this is all about.

1 Like

Fishing Rod
Hunting Knife
Blanket
Journal

Autai would probably go crazy due to loneliness, she doesn’t like not talking or being around people. She’d definiately explore the island and be ready to fight for her life. She’s not much for trapping, but she is a huge fan of fishing. If she didn’t have her pole, she’d probably explode an area of water in arcanic energies.

1 Like

Hozen Beach Ball to have somebody to talk to.
Foot Ball to have somebody else to talk to.
Heavy Leather Ball to have somebody for the Foot Ball to talk to.
Leather Beach Ball to have somebody for the Hozen Beach Ball to talk to.

2 Likes
  • Right-hand dagger
  • Left-hand dagger
  • Black diamond ring
  • Haunted memento anklet

Damn I should have lived a more practical life.

Bikini and martini time, ladies~

2 Likes

Gen’tarn was not certain if it was blind luck, or the whims of the Spirits, that had allowed him to survive the assault.

One moment, the skies had been clear, the seas calm, the vessel, loaded with supplies for a journey to one of the Thousand Isles, had been running smoothly.

Then tentacles studded with horrid growths and glaring eyes had burst up through the ocean, through the deck, and the screaming …

The young Orc shook his head as much to rid himself of the memories as to shake the salt-crusted hair out of his face, and forced himself to his knees. The beach was made of sharp black grains of sand that caused the cuts and scrapes on Gen’tarn’s chest and limbs to itch madly, but at least there were no beasts coming to sniff around for an easy meal … at least not yet.

Apart from his kilt, his skinning knife, his pouch of totemic reagents and a half-broken barrel that had apparently been his life-raft from the doomed ship, there was nothing else on the beach. Just a lone Orc and an tropical island that looked to have, at one point, been a volcano of some sort before the fires deep under the earth had moved on.

“At least it isn’t Argus this time …” Gen’tarn laughed bitterly to himself, trying to keep the rising sense of panic inside his chest from taking control. He’d survived two years on the Manari home-world after the portal that connected it and Azeroth had been sundered, the Army of Light apparently uncaring of the forces still stuck defending the Broken natives of Argus from the Legion’s forces, and had seen the various demonic species that made of the Legion fall upon each other, tearing apart in sects and cults, each consumed with that desperate addiction for arcane magic and souls as Fiend consumed Fiend.

The first order of business would be finding water. Thick green fingers delved into his pouch, and the Shaman’s eyes widened in horror as he felt several sharp objects poke his fingers. His totem of water remained intact, the small wooden focus studded with sea-shells and wrapped with crocolisk hide, but the totem of fire and earth were completely crushed, and the totem of air had nearly been broken in half.

Panic nearly claimed the Orc, as he beheld the damage to the items that allowed him to call upon the Elements, but gradually he fought it down. The totems merely made it easier to call upon the Spirits of Air, Earth, Fire and Water, and could be repaired … if the Spirits were willing.

For now, Gen’tarn carefully scooped up the broken totems and placed them back into the pouch, then placed the Totem of Water into the beach sand, knelt before it and began praying to the Spirit of Water to guide him to a source of water that was safe to drink. Several minutes passed before the Totem began to vibrate softly, turning of its own accord in the sand to face somewhere to the north and west, up the side of the gentle slope of the extinct volcano.

“Spirits of Water, I thank you.” Gen’tarn whispered, gently plucking the totem out of the coarse black sand, brushing it dry, and then set about dragging his battered body in the direction the Totem had pointed, the warm vibration of the fetish in his hand guiding him if he veered off course.

A cave, a small trickle of slightly-warm water from a wall in the cave and a view of the southern reaches of the island. Water and shelter, and the Orc had seen plentiful prey, small boars, snakes, birds of all kinds. A crude wooden spear already rested against the wall of the cave, a sharp point hacked out of one end with his skinning knife, ready to be used tomorrow.

For now, Gen’tarn piled whatever loose stones he could find at the entrance, and at the back of the cave, just in case something else lived deeper inside. A small amount of brush and small branches lay before him, and he had begun the slow process of making a friction-fire. Lacking rope, he had to do it by hand, but prayers to the Spirit of Fire helped, both to remind the young Orc that he was not alone, and to coax the dried wood to stay lit long enough for him to place a small shredding of dried grass ontop of it, blow softly onto the embers, and start the beginnings of a fire.

Tomorrow, he would hunt, explore the island and see if there was any way to try and set up a signal-fire to contact the outside world. Tonight, he would rest, recover his strength … and pray that whatever abomination had sunk his vessel hadn’t followed him ashore.

2 Likes

Being a Death Knight I’d imagine Sinothyr really only needs the presence of fauna. As she usually only carries her sword and wears her armor (along with the clothing beneath) most of the time I’d imagine those would stay intact.

She’d likely just wander about initially. Her perception of undeath leaves her pretty unperturbed in regards to new situations. After a while she’d likely look for signs of life; animals or people, native or otherwise. Failure to find any could result in panic eventually, should the hunger set in before she manages to find a means off the island.

3 Likes

I recently remembered I wrote Ju into a similar situation as this wherein she got stranded on the Broken Shore after the initial assault. Granted she was in a coma for most of that, taking a spiritual journey of sorts; but I digress.

Considering this particular situation I imagine it’d be much the same as that, minus the coma. Items would likely include her sword, a combat knife and perhaps a notebook and pen. I believe much of her time would spent fishing and observing her surroundings, trying to puzzle where she might be, before working out what should be done afterwards.

If the island looks geographically close to familiar territory she might try to build a raft and sail to a more populated and civilized place. If it’s unfamiliar then she’d see about establishing long term shelter. She’d likely still try to sail away eventually but, having no idea of where she might find land again, she’d be encouraged to first wait and hope for rescue like she did on the Broken Shore.

1 Like

This was literally what happened to Vanndrel during Legion, prior to the reveal of the Void Elves necessitated me getting him back to Quel’thalas somehow™.

1 Like