Story Livestream was incredibly disappointing

You can’t judge a book by its contents.

5 Likes

They shouldn’t have called it a “Story Q&A”…

They didn’t answer a single question that was submitted on their own announcement where they asked for feedback.

This was just a glorified Behind the Scenes where two of the cinematic guys patted each other on the back for an hour.

3 Likes

It ended up being a livestream about HOW they came up with lore, rather than the lore itself.

Very disappointing and misleading to those who love the lore.

10 Likes

I’m glad I decided not to waste an hour of my life on what sounds to be typical trash with these live streams from Blizzard.

3 Likes

The story in this game is complete garbage. You had the MoP story with Wrathion making us do crap to get stronger to take on the legion…They remove this portion of the story from the game! Like why…Then he helped cause the events in WoD which unleashed the legion into Azeroth… Where the hell is he now? How do you leave a key character in causing the events of the last two expansions out of the game?

2 Likes

They wanted to focus on Jaina and Sylvanas. And Azshara. Coz wamen.

“”"“Let us know in the comments below what story and lore discussion you’d like to hear”""", then join us live Thursday, January 10 at 11:00 a.m. PDT.

Sounds like the enticing offer of a Q&A to me. Otherwise, that comment section should have never existed.

13 Likes

At least they could have said lore and story process. This was as interesting as talking about Azerite armor for 40 minutes like they always do. For once I thought the lore community would finally get something. I’m sad I was wrong but honestly should have expected it.

7 Likes

I’m a subscriber and I’m not unhappy. At the end of the day, it wasn’t a Q&A. They didn’t even need to do it, but they did because there are people who are interested in that kind of thing. We already know what’s coming in 8.1.5 and 8.2. What else did you really want them to do? Spoil the rest of the expansion?

They didn’t do what they advertised, you can’t just say ‘‘GD always hates it’’ as an argument?

Most of the people here have given good points. Don’t just ignore them

18 Likes

I haven’t watched it but I’m guessing it went something like this:

Answered questions nobody asked, talked about things nobody cared about, all the while ignoring the important things people actually wanted answers to?

Am I right?

1 Like

Close. They didn’t even answer questions.

11 Likes

Story Livestream was incredibly disappointing

I’m surprised you’re surprised.

1 Like

They did not answer things at all

Things I liked: That they did a Lore and Story based livestream at all. Really, that was nice. I was super looking forward to it and happy to tune in.

Things I did not like:

• Sound quality. It jumped from being mumbly-quiet to bleeding eardrums over and over again. This was the #1 thing that frustrated me and ruined my enjoyment of the stream. Please, if they cannot hold a microphone correctly or consistently, then invest in something else that will work. Clip-on ones, or static mics that hang above, out of the camera view.
  • Asking for questions, but never actually addressing any questions.
  • Circling topics in a meandering, haphazard way that was confusing and had no real consistency.

By the end of it, I had a headache from the volume spikes and was disappointed. :frowning:

1 Like

And forwhatever reason it posted on my death knight (Hali) instead of my main

Even if we know it’s going to be bad, we can’t stop calling it out when it is bad, otherwise they’ll just stop trying.

1 Like

It’s almost like they’re actively trying to get people PO’d

Glad I didn’t waste my lunch break watching this. Rather I watch an episode of Stargate SG-1 on Prime. I feel like it was a better use of my time.

3 Likes

Remember guys…its NOT going to be a retelling of garrosh ;^}

3 Likes