Story Forum Universe: Rejection of the Gift

It was one of the most notorious threads in forum history. The official title of it has been lost, as it was deleted after a massive number of reports, but those who remember that day have called it the Broken Thread. It was riddled with deleted and reported posts, breaking almost any semblance of discussion that could be followed, creating confusion and despair. It had been a normal thread, before a massive amount of troll posters from the General Discussion forum arrived, bringing destruction and havoc. This was their invasion point, and soon other threads were getting invaded as well, resulting in story forum regulars fighting back for the sake of their forum.

The story forum was saved by these keyboard heroes, the conflict ending after an invasion into General Discussion itself, but before that there had been a gathering. There was a thread concerning the Vindicaar, which had gone unnoticed by the General Discussion trolls, and a keyboard warrior named Denona used this to their advantage to gather the other story forum regulars and use this platform for plans of attack. The first to be gathered were a plethora of Alliance posters, and some friction came when Horde posters began to arrive. Regardless, Denona hoped they would be able to put their differences aside and come together for the sake of the forums. The make-or-break moment occurred when a Goblin named Tammy arrived.

Animosity was not completely unexpected. One poster in particular, Thadeus, included passive aggressive remarks in some of his posts after she arrived. Eventually another Alliance poster arrived, and Thadeus greeted him. “We are blessed to be in your presence once more, Zerde.” These two posters were not just part of the Alliance, but also strong with the Light.

“Thadeus. We have found the Chosen One.” In between forum posts, Thadeus and Zerde partook in Bible sessions together where they read and examined various passages. At some point, they had discovered a prophecy in the Book Of Revelations explaining that a forum poster would save the story forum from its current predicament. She was in the thread at that very moment.

“Tammy. From the start, the quality of your posts held such promise for the future.” As Tammy read the post, she had a flashback to a thread regarding Troll land, during which the legitimacy of Silvermoon belonging to the Highborne was disputed. “I sacrificed that quality long ago.” She replied.

“Do you not wish to reclaim what was lost? To be wholesome again?” Zerde asked. “General Discussion’s end… is all I seek.” For so long they had trolled about Trolls, and in return she trolled the trolls to get vengeance for Trolls.

“You have posted so much for so little. Your true potential, your redemption lies before you. Let go of your pathetic form and embrace the faction of the Alliance.” Reading Zerde’s posts was startling and she soon replied back. “I’ve traded my quality for factions before.”

Zerde then began to angrily type. “The prophecy must be fulfilled! Your old posting history has passed, the Alliance will give you a new one!” Tammy swiftly responded. “It is not yours to make!”

Fat Draenei fingers smashed into the keyboard. “All the content is on the Alliance! The Alliance will give you posts!” Tammy’s own fury was growing. “I am my posts!”

“Listen here you greedy Goblin dunce, you WILL join the Alliance! You WILL make quality posts for us! You WILL consent!” That post made her snap. “My consent is my own!”

A long time question of the universe is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable wall. The question was answered that day; the immovable wall wins. Tammy clicked on Zerde’s name. Then she put him on ignore. Zerde lost.

Elsewhere in cyberspace, Ainhin felt a shockwave. Something was wrong in the Force. An Alliance poster was defeated.

As Tammy struck down Zerde, all Denona could do was stare helplessly. She herself had put her faith in Alliance posters, believing they could lead the way. Now important questions were brought to mind, such as what is a faction? What is quality, and what is consent? These are questions that some Alliance posters would have to learn the answer to.

Behind his screen, Thadeus shook with anger. He screamed in gamer rage. Then he posted by slamming his Bible against the keyboard. “You’re committing heresy by denying the prophecy! EDGELORD!”

In that moment, the answer was clear to Tammy. We must not post only for our factions. We must not post only to troll. “Your faith has blinded you. Only we… can post for ourselves.”

6 Likes

I am dying over here. Dying dead. You are my hero.

2 Likes

I have no idea if this is referencing something real, but I love it!

1 Like

I made references to some things that actually happened, though some parts were altered or fictionalized.

1 Like

I love you for this sooo much. I hadn’t laughed this hard in a while :smiley:

1 Like