Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Ah okay makes sense. I figured it was something along those lines.

The tree city seems ‘elf’ dominated. Is the port city mostly human or something else?

Well I guess my catgirl is stuck with mittens for now.

I really need to learn to remember the races name.

1 Like

With some exceptions, the races are all parts of diasporas apart from lots of miqo’te, Duskwight elezen, Ishgard elezen, and Xaela auri. Gridania is primary wildwood elezen and miqo’te, and ruled by the Elder Seedseer, who is always a padjal(unplayable race, look like young hyur with horns). Ul’dah is primarily Dunefolk lalafells and Highlander hyur. Limsa Lominsa is a very rough coalition of pirates and rogues, with Sea Wolf roegadyn and Midlander hyur being very prevalent.

The mittens and subligar phase is a trial that everyone must undergo, dating back to FF11.

1 Like

Gosh so many new words to learn. Is there a maintained wiki for this? That may help though I don’t want to spoil myself so I might want to avoid it regardless.

Lominsa looks very nice for a pirate port.

I see. Well, I am partial to mittens, they just look really warm on my toon in the middle of a desert.

1 Like

Reminder to our beloved and departed.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/350863774787567618/523686800443703296/unknown.png

1 Like

Sorry 3slot, but this forums refuses to show my tmog… we´ll have to meet in game I´m afraid…

BTW, SAAAAMM!!! Nice to see you around here, gal.

Does it matter? Cause I don´t think so…

2 Likes

Sup, homie.

Yeah, suddenly I can post again :rofl:

Update from 12 hours later: Uh oh, ICE found me :smiling_imp:.

But it also seems their “you’re not subbed, no posting for you” system is so buggy that they can’t block out edits :smirk:.

Where’s your QA team, guys?

1 Like

95% of the Belves of this forum are wearing the Spellbreaker set.

Absolutely disgusting.

1 Like

I believe they lowered it to 15 recently, which is nice. Still a pretty cumbersome system, though. I struggle to keep my entire collection straight between my Dresser, Armoire, and Inventory. I’m sure I’ll get used to it before long, though, and start making great outfits out of all the awesome items I’ve been collecting. There’s SO many kinds of flowers you can put in your hair! All sorts of varieties and colors!!

I know there was this rough time in the early to mid forties where I was stuck with this gross bikini top on my SMN/SCH. This was before they changed the level requirements for glamours. It was such a relief when I got my class sets! My SMN still glamours her super cute class dress – it has little wings on the back!

As long as we’re talking about glamour, rate my red mage:
i.imgur . com/bRfLltQ.jpg
I’m not presently subbed so can’t get better shots.

There’s the FF wiki that encompasses the entire series, though I personally haven’t found it too helpful for 14.

This tumblr is quite nice though, and kept up to date. It basically just provides quotes from quests, their Chronicle equivalent, and so on:
mirkemenagerie.tumblr . com/post/167534982764/

Since you said you’re playing a cat I’d check out their post labeled Miqo’te Lore first.

1 Like

Cute as heck, 10/10. Rocking that purple, and that crisp zettai ryouiki. Very pretty purple matching weapon, too!

1 Like

I want to read manga of that slime anime but one site loads like crap and the other has crap translations.

1 Like

You gotta be more specific.

“Tensei Sh!tara Slime Datta Ken”, which is localized as “That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime.” A Japanese novel about a guy who dies and is reincarnated in an MMO-style world with goblins and dragons and learnable skills, passives, and abilities. It got an anime this season, and also apparently has a manga! Neat.

Though its genre and setting are hardly unique nowadays, it’s a pretty competently-told story. The main thing that might put people off is the overpowered main character, but I mean, you’re not going to get away from the unbeatable protagonist cliche in an isekai. Even in my personal favorite of the genre, “Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?”, the main character eventually achieves ridiculous power levels after much grinding and experimenting with her abilities.

And hey, speaking of Kumo, it has a manga and upcoming anime, too! I’m so excited. They got Aoi Yuuki to voice the main character, which is just so so unbelievably fitting for her. She’s the actress who voices Futaba in the Japanese version of Persona 5, and Eevee in the new Pokemon games! So that perfect balance of cute and geeky for an adorable and nerdy little spider.

1 Like

Since we’re on anime, Shinji Hirako’s Bankai was revealed, and it’s every bit as troll as I expect it to be.

1 Like

Is there somewhere that has the warfront transcripts anywhere? For the commander interactions? I haven’t been able to do many of the warfronts, so I’m curious.

1 Like

Was feeling a little bleh today so I finally logged in for 8.1 and did the new warfront! It was lots of fun. So nice to be back in Darkshore again, like going back home. It’s a real thrill to see “For Auberdine!!” as a battle cry. Like hey, I basically grew up there! The music was so so so good too, all the little callbacks to old Night Elf zone music. The mechanics did throw me off a bit, I guess given that it’s my first time through. Never seemed like we had enough Iron!

Now we just need a Barrens and Wetlands warfront for maximum nostalgia. Though I’m not sure how thrilled most NPCs would be with saying “For Menethil!” Maybe when Calia pops up? : P

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything formatted well. But the WoWhead 8.1 PTR Broadcast Text for Sira seems to be a mix of her and Maiev.

1 Like

I’m looking forwards to the Horde version in a couple days.

“Kill 100 puppies to move on to the next phase”
“Gather 50 Night Elf children to create a super Abomination”
Kill 100 of your Horde allies and resurrect them as Forsaken"

You know, the usual BFA Horde writing.

5 Likes

Me: Oh boy, it’s Tuesday time to run my weekly stuff and then work on some of that 8.1 cont-

Warframe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiH5O7bGTsU

Me: … Oh boy, it’s time to go get my face crushed by the giant robot spider!

2 Likes

I haven’t even bought bfa yet. I’m literally giving Blizzard money to whine on the forums. This is my life.