Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I like how in Ultimate, Greninja’s water sword attacks were changed to water kunai to match Ash’s when it used Cut in the show. He also turns into Ash-Greninja during his Final Smash now.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0yvJLqGkJ4 Best scene in the episode.

You know, after reading patch notes over on wowhead for so many years the official patch notes kind of suck. I like wowhead and mmo-c adding color changes for items and classes so they catch your eye better.

tfw you lived to see a day when someone at Nintendo decided garbage rock in a Fire Emblem trailer was a good idea.

1 Like

-Complains that there’s a lot of badly written stuff out there.
-Writes a loving 9999 line review of the Kingdom Hearts story…

No bulli, I just find the KH story to be bananas and terrible, so it was an amusing juxtaposition. :smiley:

1 Like

The level of hate and anger towards BFA (and 8.1) is quite high on most other forums. Reddit has some good stuff.

'Twas the night before 8.1
and all through the Guild,
The players were hoping,
for a better patch build.
The Shamans were hung
out to dry without care,
In hopes that a rework
soon would be clear.

The Spriests were all holy,
and disc to be sure.
Sadly, for Shadow,
There seems not a cure.
With nothing to lose
And everything to gain,
The devs looked at Warriors,
and ignored their pain.

“Gut the artifacts,”
They said,
“It’ll be fine!”
RIP to class design.
“We only have one metric,
We only count fun!”
Then where are the players?
Why are they done?

All through Beta we said:
“Uh, we dunno about Azerite gear…”
But you looked down at us confidently,
with a “Nah, we’re right here.”
We gave you all feedback,
The cries shook our bones!
Did you not receive it?
“Do you guys not have phones?”

1 Like

Oh… oh my :rofl:

Funny thing is, without the lyrics, the music itself actually works for generic anime trailer background music, lol.

Am well aware of the absurdity of KH’s plot… I personally find that I like to theorize on the various ridiculous stories in Fiction.

2 Likes

We’ve noticed.

3 Likes

I get “the admired” title for account reps, still can’t use any PvP titles on other toons.

Disgusting.

2 Likes

We Steel Ball Run now boys

How Ash-Greninja was legal I don’t know. I mean the fact it hurts the trainer should really be enough to not allow it.

Still salty that never gave Ash a mega evolved pokemon though.

Yikes that song is terrible.

1 Like

Someone recut the trailer with Cruel Angel Thesis, the Evangelion theme, and I kind of love it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/a524fp/book_iii_opening_e_v_a_n_g_e_l_i_o_n/

1 Like

While BFA isn’t great, watching the forum react to the terribleness of BFA is somewhat amusing at least. For example Blizzard admitting that the AP multiplier growth is going to be turned off for 7 weeks after players noticed it didn’t improve this week.

I guess Blizz want to be REALLY sure that when we get new gear from the new raid, all the traits would be lost and we’d have to re-earn all the traits we already earned. :smiley:

2 Likes

When you shoot yourself in the foot, you might as well use a big enough gun to destroy the entire leg.

Are Blizzard, Bethesda, and EA trying to compete to see who can become more hated? Because it’s hard to fathom that industry giants can be this unfathomably stupid so consistently.

1 Like

Scene: Interior, day. An elegantly appointed sitting room. Three men – MIKE MORHAIME, TODD HOWARD and ANDREW WILSON – sit in overstuffed chairs, wearing smoking jackets and fezes, each a snifter of brandy. Soft classical music plays in the background

MIKE MORHAIME: I say, old chaps, I do think that Blizzard is the most belovéd of game companies in existence.

TODD HOWARD: Bully, chum. Surely that is Bethesda. We have released Skyrim for everything from top-end gaming PCs to consoles to Etch-a-Sketches and the logistics of scheduling all the dump trucks full of money are quite knackering, I do tell you.

ANDREW WILSON: Loot boxes!

MIKE: Indeed, Andrew. Well, then, I think it would be absolute corking if we had a little wager.

TODD: WHat manner of wager, old spice?

MIKE: A race around the world!

TODD: I say, that is quite old hat.

MIKE: Hmm, indeed. Perhaps we should wager our companies reputations, eh wot?

ANDREW: Loot boxes! For days!

TODD: Hahaha, you are prepared to lose, then? I wager that I can put out a buggy, barely function game and still have all my fans love me.

MIKE: That’s what you normally do.

TODD: Hmm, indeed. What if I fail to fulfill the terms of a $200 premium edition, dismiss the fans’ concerns, offer a paltry recompense, only to finally capitulate and, just when things are looking up, leak the personal information of thousands of my customers?

MIKE: Hmmm, intriguing. For my part, I will release an expansion in less than a quarter-finished state. I will ignore all feedback from my fanbase and beta testers. I will replace the generally well thought of artifacts from Legion with an inferior version. I will give players races they have requested for years, but each choice will be a monkey’s paw fulfillment. And I will tie it all together with a barely coherent story where the characters who aren’t acting completely out of character are disgustingly flanderized.

MIKE: Andrew, what terms will you take?

ANDREW: Loot boxes! All the loot boxes! Mock the customers! If you don’t like, it don’t buy it!

TODD: I believe we have our wager, gentlemen.

MIKE: Harumpth harumpth harumpth.

ANDREW: Harumpth harumpth harumpth

TODD: Harumpth harumpth harumpth.

The scene fades as the men stand up to shake hands and pat each other on the back.

~Fin

8 Likes

Was cycling through alts for the Darkshore world boss when, after I entered the portal, Saurfang’s face pops up shouting, “FOR THE HORDE!” and I get a message that I’ve discovered the quest ‘Saurfang Returns’.

For a hot second I thought I missed a whole chunk of datamining. Turns out I just did part of the pre-patch questing on that character, left it, and the game is determined to still try and give me that quest every time I enter Darkshore.

I think I´ll try to ignore Darkshore for as long as I can… did the heritage armor scenario but funny enough the forum avatar doesn´t seem to update my new tmog on Ariël and it already updated the Demon Hunter lul…

Blizz, nuff said. Also, love your new Night Warrior face, Anya. Deffinitely a cosmetic option I personally like more than the lame Golden eyes on Belves…

1 Like

The questline isn’t as bad as everyone has been screaming about, mostly because you get to beat the crap out of Malfurion while Tyrande fixates on Nathanos. I absolutely could not pull her off of Nathanos and she just wailed on him until it was time to flee.

I really wish the Night Warrior face wasn’t so squinty on male Night Elves. Galenorn is a Goddess-empowered machine of vengeance and carnage. But the Night Warrior face just makes him look like he lost his glasses.

1 Like