Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

We’ll get updated cities out of it eventually.

… right?

2 Likes

It took three or so expansions to fix the giant crater in the city they’re actively funneling the entire Alliance into.

I’d put money on you putting on a shirt, before we get new Night Elf/Forsaken cities.

5 Likes

Back in early builds of Legion, every class got a spell with a unique animation that let them teleport to their class hall. Most of them were removed completely shortly after public testing started because they wanted more transit in Dalaran to make the city look livelier.

There’s a reason they’ve limited every new commodity to SW/Org and why only 3 races per faction have capitals. I’ll be surprised if TB and IF last past 9.0.

Not to get to lore-y in the lounge, but this was my thinking when I first heard Teldrassil and UC would be destroyed. I felt as if Blizzard first decided:

“The population is shrinking and we need to funnel everyone into less cities. Lets get rid of some of the older, less used cities, so we can have everyone in just one or two capitals per Faction.”

Then they sent that directive to the story team, and they took that ball and ran with it.

“Lets also keep sharding enabled so that none of that gross server community thing never develops.”

Also curse them for forcing us into the least interesting cities on each faction.

2 Likes

They didn’t even force us to. All my alts are parked in Darnassus at this very moment. People can still go to Undercity whenever they want. Heck, Undercity doesn’t even have to be switched back and forth for rotational world quests the way they tied Darnassus’ phasing to Darkshore.

1 Like

I’m referring to the intentional funneling by deleting portals outside of Sw/org and placing critical npcs and services in those cities. Blizzard very much wants you to spend most if not all your city time in either the expansion hub, or SW/org. Its not a problem if you play a mage or a Druid to circumvent this guardrail, but its harder for others. People take the path of least resistance, that’s why said changes happened. Its basic social/industrial engineering.

7 Likes

To be fair, Darnassus has an AH, and there’s a portal right to the Stormwind Portal room on the dock of Rut’theran Village, so, Darnassus is actually pretty convenient.

1 Like

It’s super obvious on the Alliance because IF was originally the city that all the players used because it had the AH and was located close to the Blackrock mountain.

Since then, Blizz has moved heaven and earth to make SW the Alliance capital.

4 Likes

It was hella obvious who never played during vanilla based on what cities they congregated too during the classic stress test.

Back off topic, i miss Ariel. Accept friend request girl!

Didn’t have a better place to ask. I haven’t been paying close attention to the Mechagon quests. Has it just always been off the coast of Kul Tiras? Have the Kul Tirans been aware of it existing there?

I guess Kervo just never visited Kul’Tiras maybe?

It was apparently a complete unknown until they decided to drill through the Rusted Vault. The most powerful nation in the world just happened to miss the giant island of robots within swimming distance of the mainland.

1 Like

8 Likes

It’s interesting how Necrons have Chaos Space Marines listed as Allies of Convenience despite their hatred for Warp Energies(due to Old Ones using them) which one would assume would put them as Desperate Allies at best.

And yet… Ahzek Ahriman, Arch-Sorcerer of Tzeentch seeks to bring down Chaos and Abaddon the Despoiler is said to seek to become the sole ruler of the Galaxy over the Chaos Gods…

The Necrons could see means to destroy the Warp with these two Chaos Space Marine leaders. The Arch-Sorcerer could with the help of the Necrons and Abaddon the Despoiler force multiple Chaos worlds into reality then sever them from the Warp.

I honestly doubt the Necrons care if the Daemon mutations are effected by being cut off from the Warp. Their only goal is to restore their Empire to it’s former glory so what do they care if they have mutants and the scenery of Chaos in said empire as long as the Warp energies are gone?

Seems there might be reason for being Allies of Convenience after all.

1 Like

Welp… There’s a thing I need.

2 Likes

Oldcrons and blood angels. Nuff said.

1 Like

Listed as “Desperate Allies” unlike the Chaos Space Marines… In otherwords their team-up was out of desperation and the Necrons would have been less likely to ally with them than they would a Chaos Space Marine.

Necrons have been noted to give Orcs(an Ally of Convenience like Chaos Space Marines, Grey Knights and Tau) weapons(that ended up blowing up the planet) so their allegiances aren’t simply fighting the same enemy and sparing the other team like happened with the Blood Angels.

Chaos Space Marines wouldn’t get the Necrons killed unlike the Orcs to say the least.

1 Like
1 Like

Bumpity bump.

Daily reminder to all the cool kids that we have an unoffical story forums discord. Join us for lol lore, memes, smut, and art.

https://discord.gg/zGZTBmB

1 Like