Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

If you unsub, you might still be able to post. I’ve seen it happen.

But I still sorta want to play the game for some reason. Mood’s are a *&@#!

1 Like

Hello all. Hopped back into WoW for the first time in a few weeks to do the holiday dailies, and put on my festive Santa outfit. Happy Winter Veil to all!

3 Likes

To you too! And happy real life holidays, as well. I’ve been bingeing on Christmas movies while wrapping dozens and dozens of presents, it’s so fun!

In other news, I gotta say, it really salts my slug that the new forums limit the number of likes I can give out. Days like today where I feel too sick to do housework or play games, I turn to forums. After basically exhausting today’s Reddit (where I can give an unlimited number of upvotes, mind you!), I’ve been catching up on threads 'round here, and it wasn’t even an hour before I got hit with the “sorry, you’re almost out of love” message.

Uh, sorry to you Mr. Forum Notification Box, but I’m never out of love. Jeeze. Guess I’ll go watch Terry Crews paint a Christmas tree while I wait for my basic human emotions to come off cooldown. Buncha cotton-headed ninnymugginses.

6 Likes

Ready most of the Encylopedia Eorzea last night, pretty interesting. Knowing the history did a good job of increasing my overall appreciation for the setting. I think I most enjoyed the region and race breakdowns, which had nice tid-bits.

Still conflicted about whether I want to stick to mainly Monk, but I’m leaning more heavily towards Samurai when I get to that point. Suppose to be a better story. And I think the whole main association with monks and Rhalgr is a bit meh to me.

Just hit thirty. Partly considering if a Moon Miqo’te might be better than the Sun Elezen I’m playing now. Writing roleplaying backstories is always fun, but I get drowned in options. Thinking a refugee from Ala Mhigo residing in Ul’dah might be ok, but might be overdone.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is relevant to anyone around here, but I thought I’d post this here since they said they were going to automatically turn xp back on for toons at 110 or higher with it off once the hotfix was in.

1 Like

What started as a last minute attempt at getting a Pokemon, I’m now redownloading my game because I had to make space on my SD card. Why are DS’s complicated?

I rolled the most overpowered character of the entire roster on my dumb anime phone game and didn’t spend any money to do it. If only I’d have luck like that during WoW mount farming.

pbs.twimg . com/media/Dtxk4WyUUAAm_nT.jpg
pbs.twimg . com/media/DtwaLlsUwAADQV5.jpg

I love him.

2 Likes

I wanna hug the cute pouty hikikomori wizard.

1 Like

What the hell did I just watch?

You are like a little baby. Watch this.

1 Like

How long has Zelling had a unique voice?

(Edited so I don’t have to double post)

I like Blizzard’s intended way to get the blood beast taming book, shame it ended up bugged.

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you have a great holiday! We may sometimes get into arguments, but I love this little community we have here.

9 Likes

They have found it and major surprise: It’s an Arcane Brain not a Void Brain…

The Hivemind is clearly different from Baal, the Lucid Nightmare, Nazjatar Blood Serpent and Riddler’s Mind-Worm as it’s not Void-aligned but Arcane-aligned(more specifically Nightborne-aligned)!

I love y’all too. One of the highlights of my year was coming out of my lurker hole and hanging out with you guys. I finally have people to talk about WoW with! And during such an exciting time for the lore, too, with the Alpha and Beta and BTS and the new expansion. Unfortunate that the game’s become something so many of my new friends no longer enjoy, but I have faith it’ll draw everyone back in before long! And even if not, the Disco is waiting for me if I ever have the time and bravery : )

Speaking of the holidays, here’s a super cute Sylvanas cosplay I saw on Reddit!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/380912732884697088/526439239806615562/1545560959684.jpg

Tsundere Tsylvanas xD

5 Likes

I love this stand.

If you put ` around a link it’ll post it like this:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1nxGLX

(Merry Christmas all!)

4 Likes

Merry Christmas to all, and all be fighting the Frizzies at eleven.

5 Likes

For your christmas entertainment, a story of how I fail at WoW… Of which there are many.

Since BfA, my druid has sat in resto spec. I’ve been using dungeons and invasions to level, with an unhealthy amount of herbalizing mixed in. After today’s invasion and with my nifty 10% xp buff, I figure I may as well use this time to bust out my herbalism quests. I mean, 10% xp so why not, right? But I figure I’ll have to actually kill something this time instead of letting four other people do it for me while I spam rejuv, so I may as well go feral. I check my bags making sure I’ve for my artifact weapon with me and hey, we’re ready to go! So with what I consider due diligence and proper preparation, I swap specs and away we go!

Now, it’s not that I didn’t see the notification. I did! I always do, on every character! I just… Well, I exited out of it because it usually just means I haven’t picked pvp talents, which I won’t do until I decide to pvp!

So I get into a couple of fights, and while I didn’t die I did notice things just… Well, they weren’t dying either. It was all so very frustrating. But I got through all those quests, struggling though I was. I figured maybe I should swap around some talents, see if that helps. So as I’m turning in the last ones, I open my talent page to see what could be swapped around…

Oh. Right. Resto since BfA. I didn’t have to swap some talents.

I had to choose them. I was, unironically and in every way, a no-talent feral druid.

9 Likes