Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Story Forum Community Lounge 146

Useful Links:

Lounge Guideline

1. No serious lore discussion.
  2. No hating, flaming, or serious debates unless all sides wish to engage in the talk.
10 Likes
I'm going to go get the Headless Horseman hearthstone today. It's too bad tricky treats aren't a currency or I'd have a bunch from previous years.
1 Like
10/22/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Dawnsong
I imagine Jaina would be vanilla ice cream but with lot of salt.

I imagine Jaina is more of an ice cream cake that used to look really nice and pristine. But it was left out on the counter a bit too long and has started to melt. And THEN came the handful of salt.
Some of the things in this video sound familiar.

https://youtu.be/TTZEFGvMH0k
1 Like
I decided to go back to ESO after having not touched it in... 4 1/2 years. I know it's nostalgia pandering, but I felt extremely happy getting off the boat to Seyda Neen and seeing that it's almost a 1:1 recreation from Morrowind.
4 Likes
10/22/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Dawnsong
I imagine Jaina would be vanilla ice cream but with lot of salt.

Salty is fitting for the daughter of the sea :)

10/22/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Kyveli
but I felt extremely happy getting off the boat to Seyda Neen

I can recite that whole intro up through class creation, it's freakin' iconic! Especially for a serial reroller who does yearly replays. "Ah, yes, we've been expecting you. Ah, you'll have to be recorded before you're oh-fish-ially released. There are a few ways we can do this and the choice. is. yours."
1 Like
10/22/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Hanashi
I can recite that whole intro up through class creation, it's freakin' iconic! Especially for a serial reroller who does yearly replays. "Ah, yes, we've been expecting you. Ah, you'll have to be recorded before you're oh-fish-ially released. There are a few ways we can do this and the choice. is. yours."

It's been forever since I played Morrowind. I had it on the original Xbox.

I remember you could use the soul trap spell combined with buff spells to permanently boost your stats. I was never quite sure if it was a bug or intentional. Binding enhancement magic to your soul sounds like it should be canon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCl2kn8GAgE

I was looking at the video and I have to ask: They can wipe clean Tomato/Marinara Sauce off of Meatballs!?! Why don't our homes have that!?!
10/23/2018 01:05 AMPosted by Éamon
10/22/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Hanashi

It's been forever since I played Morrowind. I had it on the original Xbox.

I remember you could use the soul trap spell combined with buff spells to permanently boost your stats. I was never quite sure if it was a bug or intentional. Binding enhancement magic to your soul sounds like it should be canon.
Magic and alchemy are both hilariously broken in Morrowind. I think it's possible to beat the game in under 10 minutes just by getting a few alteration scrolls and potions in Seyda Neen and Balmora, letting you effectively reach light speed and fly across the province and through cells until you reach the end boss.

Maybe half my playtime is trying to get mods to work correctly, and I'm trying again now. For a game from 2002, you can get it looking pretty nice. https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/100/images/41102-3-1322086967.jpg
I slept for somewhere around 20 hours and now everything feels wrong. I should probably eat something.
1 Like
Why is it so hard for me to pick up new games? I'm like a niche predator, that can't adapt.

I've been playing WoW for maybe close to a decade-ish. And I've played Pokémon for two decades. And... everything else has just been a passing fancy.

That said, despite how disappointed I've become about 8.1, I'm still equally, if not more disappointed in the new Pokémon games. Like... If I wanted to play Pokémon GO, I would. On my phone. There's no need to waste a whole year putting it on console. Just give me Gen. 8 already. Or hell, do the Gen. 4 remakes, so everyone else will shut up about them.

I think I need some new franchises. But nothing I try really sticks with me.
10/23/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Galenorn
That said, despite how disappointed I've become about 8.1, I'm still equally, if not more disappointed in the new Pokémon games. Like... If I wanted to play Pokémon GO, I would. On my phone. There's no need to waste a whole year putting it on console. Just give me Gen. 8 already. Or hell, do the Gen. 4 remakes, so everyone else will shut up about them.

I think I need some new franchises. But nothing I try really sticks with me.
*slowly takes off glasses*
My God.
Finally someone who says something about those Pokémon Let's Go games that makes sense. Like...I don't want to play an expansion of Go on a console. Leave the console for the real gamers who play real games on real consoles. Give me my main series game already and not this hot filler garbage.
So did they break post history again?
10/23/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Kelrexia
So did they break post history again?

I like to think that the posting history on the forums is actually manually transcribed by a warren of kobolds in Blizzard HQ's basement. The history function stops working occasionally because the kobolds rebel, and Blizzard has to suppress the revolt.

https://youtu.be/smb9FQDilA4?t=19
1 Like
Maybe if they offered a decent wage the Kobolds would stop revolting against their tyrannical masters.

They deserve scented candles for their work, not unscented garbage.
2 Likes
Yeah Pokemon lets go does seem pretty underwhelming, but hopefully the "core" game they are working on is more traditional, and has some degree of depth or challenge to it.

I was able to play the original Pokemon games as a small child, I don't see why the series needs to be repeatedly dumbed down from its already-accessible roots.
10/23/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Verlius
I was able to play the original Pokemon games as a small child, I don't see why the series needs to be repeatedly dumbed down from its already-accessible roots.

I've played since Red and Blue came out, when I was 8. Idk, but maybe that's why I'm just so unexcited to go back to Kanto for the 50th time. Nostalgia is good, but there's a point where it becomes stale. I just want something new.

(To say nothing of the replacement of game mechanics with Pokémon GO mechanics, another rant in and of itself.)
I swear if they insert Pokemon Go mechs into the next main series game I will climb the tallest mountain and do a sweet backflip off the edge and to my death.
I just like making my team of dark and dragon type pokemon because I'm a pokemon edgelord.

Zoroark and Hydreigon are my faves.
10/23/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Éamon
I just like making my team of dark and dragon type pokemon because I'm a pokemon edgelord.

Zoroark and Hydreigon are my faves.
*inserts Gladion picture of him being all edgy*