Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

A Manhandla with proper Piranha Plant White Spots like in Oracle of Seasons(the makers of that game clearly paid attention to the Japanese manual of the first game)?

The scary proto-guardians should indeed show up… The Crab of course is so sci fi with all it’s eyes that it would work best lurking around Lon Lon Ranch, Mabe Village(which appears in Hyrule in BotW) and Romani Plains(also shows up in BotW) alongside Aliens.

The other monsters can terrorize the rest of Hyrule under the control of Ganon since they are less Alien than the crab(and believe me I’ve seen the picture).

2 Likes

I wasn’t really super excited for the Necromancer class in ESO, it seemed interesting and the thought of a Necro healer amused me, but now that the review embargo is up and I’ve seen the class in action I am officially on the Necro hype train.

I might have also accidentally a new RP character at some point which helped a lot with that.

1 Like

It has finally happened.

I, formerly Yersynia, have finally updated to be Varicella.

The server transfer forced me to swap name, sadly. Going from ‘Black Plague’ to ‘Chickenpox’ is a bit of a downgrade, but a ghoul’s gotta do what a ghoul’s gotta do.

4 Likes

https://66.media.tumblr.com/c2ee5bb3af9a3ea67cc04bb264a6201b/tumblr_po4ge010FI1tk23m4o1_540.jpg

My sub expires tomorrow morning. It’s been fun folks. Maybe I’ll come back in the next expansion, maybe not. For the time being if any of you play FFXIV and are on the Aether data center, hit me up. I’m Jeanne Ornitier on the Mateus server.

8 Likes

You’ll be missed Reignac.

I’m considering leaving as well. It just hasn’t been as much fun for a while now. Swtor is where I’m planning on heading next but I have been thinking of giving FFXIV a try.

This must be what I remembered. Back when I picked up FFXIV, I tried getting on Balmung, but it was always closed. I even delayed playing for a few days, because I read sometimes you can get lucky and catch an open spot in the wee hours, or after a reset. But after more reading, I picked Mateus, because it sounded like the next best server for RP. I thought some of the folks here played on it, but when I came back after setting up shop, I was told most play on Zalera.

But I knew I couldn’t have messed the name up that much, lol.

1 Like

You were always the best, Reignac.

2 Likes

Love you guys.

Well good news is Zalera and Mateus are on the same data center, and you can do dungeons cross-server with people on your friends list as long as they’re in your data center. And leading up to the expansion Square is also adding the world visit system to actually go to another server like WoW’s CRZ, once again as long as it’s the same data center.

1 Like

I will echo the sentiment that you’re one of the better people here. But you should still be able to post after your sub lapses, though.

Unless you just don’t want to. Which is… understandable, if unfortunate.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if I want to or not.

I kind of don’t want to linger around if I’m not actively playing the game, but also I’ve been here for years and it’d be weird to leave.

1 Like

It really has, Reignac! You’ve been one of my favorite posters here for as long as I’ve been lurking these forums. And that’s quite a while! Always on top of new announcements, datamining, and books with smart, neutral, hype-building posts. You could easily be a professional article writer, with your mature and intelligent tone. It’s understandable if you decide not to linger, but the forums will certainly be grayer with you.

Good news though, we’re on the same data center! Neat coincidence. I’m on Faerie! Hopefully I’ll see you around Eorzea someday. I’ll keep my eye out for that awesome FFIX-inspired name : )

2 Likes

You are gonna hate me for saying this but… even as an anime fan, I literally found FFIV races positively underwhelming, both in design and description.

It just completely erased any motivation I had to try that game…

I know the feeling. Even when I wasn’t playing I still ended up here every once in a while because I’d spent so long hanging out here.

Hopefully we’ll see you around these parts again some day if you don’t stick around, if not it’s been nice sharing the forums with you.

1 Like

Any of you nerds know how to get rid of or prevent silverfish from getting into your books, binders, or room? I googled some answers but was hoping for more personal experiences.

Hello again! I’m back from my Blizzard mandated vacation. I’m not sure what I’m allowed to say because I don’t want to get silenced again >_>

1 Like

TBH I have no idea what the rules are. I alternate between trying to be as constructive as possible and being the sassiest female dog I can possibly be, and I’m fairly sure the former doesn’t cancel out the latter.

Then again, Grandblade is calling someone ‘Tumor’ every time he responds to them and that hasn’t sent him on a vacation, so I don’t know what the standards here are.

1 Like

Trying to figure out how to put this. I commented on the gross reality of performing certain acts on Sylvanas and wondered why people would want to. I hope that’s not going to get me in trouble again D: I mean it was kind of vulgar I guess.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6794350261#post-3
(I linked the old forum version because the formatting got messed up on the new one during the forum migration and they never fixed it.)

Blizzard doesn’t generally do anything around here unless the person is reported. If it’s not bad enough to net you a temp ban they’ll generally just edit it out and leave a message on the post so you know they did it.

1 Like

Yeah. But, like, what the rules say and how they are enforced are rarely the same in any environment. As you say, only if something is reported is there even any chance of recourse. I can read the written rules all day, but that doesn’t necessarily tell me what would or wouldn’t fly in the actual reality of the forum.

I mean, there has to be some leeway on these things. Like if the rules say no discussion of adult topics like sex and it comes up in the plot of the actual story are we just never to discuss it? Or like, we’d never discuss Alexstrasza’s backstory if that sort of thing was off limits.