Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I just looked this up. Makes this convo even funnier to me.

Men Go There Own Way? I remember hearing about that and thinking the name was so lame. Does not sound like a manly name designed to attract manly men. Sounds like a term coined by some egghead.

I am not even sure how that would apply to me. I guess because I do not share too much personal info, people will assume what they will.

I am a hard core Hillary Fan. I voted for her against Obama in the Primary. I also have been a big fan of Gretchen Whitmer, and how she is keeping the MAGA in Michigan in line.

Boy, that is a new one to add to the list of crazy insults people have thrown at me in this forum. Reading about MGTOW on wikipedia is hilarious. “Manosphere”? Wtf? Do people sit around saying those words?

Great, now I am learning about this stuff. Thanks, forums.

1 Like

So, uh, weird Discord / Twitter spillover drama aside: Does anybody know what happened to the Troll War Timetravel raid in Dragonflight? I read about it on Reddit, and haven’t seen anything about it ever since.

1 Like

Nothing I’ve seen on wowhead has mentioned it lately

I was unaware of that about Zoroastrianism. Considering cats were domesticated in large part as ratcatchers, that seems odd.

1 Like

Curse no one cares that you are just now discovering your own mysogynistic tendancies.

Maybe instead of gloating about it, you should reflect on why people think you are this way based on the things you post.

it’s not a charming or cute personality quirk. But if you really want to know how I feel about you now? I think you are a closested homosexual and that’s why you don’t have a good track record with women. I’ll say that to your face, I don’t need to say it behind your back.

The initial vibes I got from you was “cool Gay uncle” since you seem to be well versed in LGBT memes and community lingo, until you started having anti-feminist rants… and whined in the GD about being a lonely man that girls don’t want to date (Thanks Doness for this info- you don’t care right that he profiles you right Curse? so this is okay right?)

I was happy to continue to think you were some chill older witty gay man until he shattered my favorable perception of you for the reality of you. I defended you in private many times until I witnessed for myself your anti-feminist views when you made a call out post directed at me disguised as a generalization specifically when I had otherwise been nothing of supportive towards you in the past over a shared comon interest in a character in this game. (I got a message from him that morning with a screenshot that you were talking ish about me- so who talked ish first Curse? it sure as ish wasn’t me.)

I’ve had you blocked since your blatant call out post towards me, and that’s not going to change but now you know how I really feel about you since you’ve been so honest about how you feel about me.

1 Like

I never once said this about Curse. No idea where you got this from.

I know it’s Sunday, but do these forums even have mods?

haha if I pass along everything he sends me to you, as per his accusations, than you’d know if he was lying right?

He fails to realize that I know that he also, by his own admission in this forum, continued to befriend Evelyssa and sent him screenshots from a discord he was banned from - to tell him that I had shared Evelyssa’s real name. (I shared a name but that was not what was given to me because Evelyssa never shared his name with me. You, Doness have share your irl name with me and I have kept it a secret I promise, you also know my irl name and I hope you have done me the same courtesy. You also know other things about me too which you could easily share with others. The friendship was honest that’s why it’s going down in flames in betryal. You betrayed me. )

i just needed to confirm to myself Doness was spying on the story forum discord after he’d been blocked. So Doness are you going to talk about your network of spies and informants? the discord had a good laugh when Evelyssa shared a phone picture of the discord here instead of a screenshot. I find it hypocritical that you are going to accuse me of sharing information I had overheard from a friend with another friend, when it’s been confirmed that there’s an outside connection of men spying on a discord they have all been banned from for toxic behavior.

Instead of becoming part of the solution Doness, you became part of the problem and I won’t forgive you for that. look around and notice who is supporting you in this. The very people you acknoledged were a problem.

1 Like

Maybe I should make a new lounge.

That’s how it works :joy:

I said the opposite.

I never sent him screenshots. Also, you didn’t reveal his name in the Story Forum Discord. You revealed it to me in private.

You claimed he shared with you his real name. If the name you told me was fake, then that means you lied.

That’s another lie.

I won’t talk about something that doesn’t exist.

Everyone, put the harasser on ignore, and do not respond. If they continue to harass you, you can send in a ticket to Blizzard to get the harasser banned.

Trying to cover your own toxic behavior I see.

Soo sad

Don’t forget to ignore the white knight too.

Having now finished it I did like how it didn’t glamorize the killer. And it’s scarier for it. I was reminded of the Banality of Evil. The guy wasn’t particularly interesting. Totally forgettable dime a dozen boring Wisconsite. Type of guy you’d cast in a commercial about acid reflux medication.

And that coupled with police indifference and hostility toward the fates of gay men and non white gay men in particular allowed for this depravity to go unchecked even as multiple people raised alarms.

Mild spoiler but there’s a scene where the last escaped victim is running through the street, half naked, partially hand cuffed and screaming bloody murder. And the cops respond to him not with concern but hostility. They basically accidentally caught Dahmer almost on accident. One just opened the right drawer and found evidence.

Keep in mind this guy was in an apartment. People noted the horrible smells, sounds of power tools at odd hours of the night, and ya know - screaming. This wasn’t some evil mastermind. But as his victims and neighbors were from marginalized groups nobody cared. Despite numerous phone calls begging police to look into it. The guy had human body parts just casually sitting in his fridge. Even a surface level sweep of his apartment would’ve revealed everything. But he managed to kill over a dozen people because the cops just didn’t give a ish.

The true horror really is how 30 years later, nothing much has changed. I doubt a criminal like him would be able to get away with that today. But because everyone is walking around with a pocket sized GPS device that can live stream audio and footage to an international audience instantly. Not because we improved our criminal justice system.

5 Likes

Sadly racism is the reason why a lot of serial killers get away with their crimes. They specifically select people who are vulnurable. There’s two cases in Canada that were on par with Dahmer with the same level of ignorance from poliece, such a Robert Pickton who murdered indigenous women, and Bruce McArthur had the same MO as Dahmer targeting gay men of a racial minority.

On my dad’s side it was thought his cousin was one of Pickton’s victims, but we never knew for sure.

Normally I am all for a serial killer docuseries, but I’m just not in the mood rn. i still have to get caught up on Andor too I’m just too hyped for HotD right now. but once Harwin dies I’ll probably get caught up.

3 Likes

God forbid someone sticks up for a friend and won’t put up with your toxic BS

But you don’t have any friends so you couldn’t possibly understand that friends stick up for each other

that cut was a little deep Micah. He does have friends, but I wonder if he actually cares about them for real, or if they are just tools for influence and knowledge… and pity and attention. (because he certainly loves attention)

I was actually concerned he has self harmed in the past but you know his habit of telling people he was going to self harm and then unfriending everyone and leaving us all scrambling worrying about him only for him to come back and not acknowledge anyone, or the emotional distress he caused. I hope he does get help instead of continuing to make a show in the forums.

1 Like

Bonne anniversaire! It has been three years since my favorite news story of all time. I can’t post a link or an image, but I’ll leave an excerpt and you can google:

Renowned French chef Marc Veyrat on Tuesday announced he had sued the France-based Michelin Guide after the restaurant guidebook authority demoted his La Maison des Bois in Manigod, France, from three stars to two earlier this year. Veyrat claimed Michelin’s reviewer wrongly determined a cheese souffle as having cheddar in it; Veyrat said the color was from saffron used in the dish and is now seeking documentation from Michelin to explain its decision.

“They dared to say that we put cheddar in our souffle of reblochon, beaufort, and tomme,” Veyrat told French magazine Le Point in July. “They have insulted our region; my employees were furious."

4 Likes