Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Was the only point of the CC just to whine about the story, but in a pretty text colour?

Nope but itā€™s pretty detailed giving the points. I will give them props for saying the story has some glaring issues and some positives. For instance the dropped drust storyline annoys me

Kiraiser made a couple threads on the CC about lore last month, theyā€™re great and you should read them. He dedicated a lot of effort to them and theyā€™re top notch, yet neither have blue posts in them.

Iā€™m gonna have to wait until my train ride home to read this. I actually cannot wait (even if I have to, to give it proper reading time).

The spite in me does want to point out this makes all of two CC threads about the story, butā€¦ Iā€™m trying very hard to be patient.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s really disheartening but again I attributed that to shadowlands not being finished. if no Cdev is responding we may just have accept that blizz does not care about criticism and ways to improve the narrative. Also doness pointed out kiraser is in Russia and they been removed from game based on my time in the Eu forums

I was also going to point out Haliteā€™s lore thread before Zarno did, which is a good read and points out some problems that the narrative has. Though Iā€™ll also mention that a major WoWhead person is on the council now. I think thatā€™s a big conflict of interest. Ugh.

2 Likes

Whose the wowhead person?

Iā€™m not sure it is since they have a vested interest in this game being good beyond just being a player.

Youā€™d think theyā€™d already have an in to Blizzard through wowhead though.

Neryssa, she made an introduction post a few days ago.

How does WoWhead have a vested interest in the game being good? Itā€™s a news site, their job should be about reporting. They can use this position to influence the game not just for players but for their own website which might be contradictory to the councilā€™s purpose. They got this position because of their in with Blizzard. Theyā€™re taking a spot from someone on the community council who could better represent the community.

Because if less people play the game then less people click on their site.

They canā€™t just pivot to outrage bait either considering people are more likely to watch their favorite wow outrage youtuber over reading an article.

Iā€™d rather it be a lesser known, or random, player but honestly at this point as long as they arenā€™t crouching racist, hidden nazzi and attempt to contribute Iā€™m happy.

1 Like

The comments in their articles are full of people being negative about the game and parroting Asmongold takes. They read WoWhead articles as much as they watch those kinds of YouTubers. Youā€™re right about the first part of your post though.

Magical Girl Anime seem to have the Bad Guys usually send one Monster at a time with the rare times they send multiple Monsters itā€™s when the Magical Girls are about to get an upgrade.

It makes the Villains seem weak and ineffectual. Villains that are effectual but arrogant enough to eventually lose at the end are more interesting in my opinion since they can afford to throw away 1 Monster per episode to locate any relic they want before sending an Army to ruthlessly retrieve the desired object leaving the Magical Girls battered and bruised on the ground.

Villains never seem to recycle their Plans either which is ridiculous.

We never see the Magical Girls defeating the Prototype Plan followed by being devastated by the Improved Plan.

Prototype Plan: One monster gathering large amounts of Energy from civilians in a single area while in disguise before fighting the Magical Girl off when discovered.

Improved Plan: Multiple Monsters all over the planet gathering Energy via the same scheme though less blatantly and more slowly and when one Monster is discovered it abruptly dumps a large enough amount of Energy Drainers on the Magical Girls(to knock them out) before teleporting away(with the rest of the Energy Drainers) to try the scheme somewhere else.

The Villains would have multiple Plans needing Prototypes(after all there are multiple methods of getting energy so practicing each one is a must) thus the Magical Girls would have something to successfully stop on a regular basis while still being regularly unable to stop the Improved Plans.

Weā€™d get ā€œCanā€™t Thwart Stage Oneā€ as a Trope for this show either way so it makes no difference if the Villains are constantly winning despite their Initial Plans always requiring backup to win after the initial Monster dies during the Scheme due to Magical Girl interference.

Velratha!! While I was at work, Doness asked me to give you a message: He misses you too, and his forum vacation ends June 6th. Sorry for the delay!!

Also, reading the CC thread Zarno linked on the train was only partially successful; Iā€™m at the end now. I think Iā€™mā€™a do the unthinkable (unless someone already did it) and make a thread. Specifically discussing said CC thread. What we agree or disagree (if anything, cuz itā€™s all pretty spot-on) with, anything weā€™d like to add, etc. I donā€™t often start threads, so expect a glorious mess!!

2 Likes

I think thereā€™s someone thatā€™s been doing that over in general with the CC threads and it seems like a decent idea for the grand total of two threads relevant to us lol.

2 Likes

Well, I just saw WoW is going to be down all day. Yesterday it said was only gonna be an hour. But now I see it is until maybe 3pm. Times change, I guess.

I figured it would be a good time to check out the Sylvanas book on Audible. They had a free trial and a Credit for a free book. That was nifty to find out.

I just listened to the first few minutes. To make sure it worked lol. Patty Mattson is awesome amg.

2 Likes

I will finally understand the epilogue today. whoo hoo. Itā€™s so damn vauge >.<

1 Like

Someoneā€™s feeling very optimistic today!! Ren, you know as well as I do that todayā€™s quest events will result in another ā€œwait and seeā€ moment that makes no sense at all. It is the Blizzard method. The Way of Warcraft.

Satisfaction is not guaranteed, nor is it even implied until two expansions and six books later.

2 Likes

Well considering the epilogue happens after the events of today I already got that wait and see, so itā€™s fine. They have to keep me baited for my money.

There are only 2 options it could be, and I need to see who, what it is.

2 Likes

My book is coming today and I plan on reading the whole thing the next two days after work.

Iā€™ll definitely be my more active self afterwards :wolf:

3 Likes

We miss you Micah!!

3 Likes