Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Considering Zelda Breath of the Wild introduced a Age Reverse Rune to the Sheikah Tech I wonder what would happen if someone used an Age Freeze Rune on a Kokiri.

According to the Zelda Encyclopedia the Kokiri are Hylian Kids that wander into Kokiri Forest(after infancy) and become unaging Forest Sprites that are invisible unless you are close enough and according Aonuma the Koroks are the result of Kokiri leaving the Forest which according to the Zelda Encyclopedia restores aging(Koroks do seem to age unlike Kokiri).

If a Kokiri were to be hit with an Age Freeze Rune before leaving the Forest and have the Rune removed after a couple of months they probably will start transforming into an aging Korok but what if they were hit with the Age Freeze Rune after already leaving Forest.

I would assume since the Kokiri turning into a Korok is obviously a result of their own Forest Energies(which are no longer being sustained by Kokiri Forest) coalescing into the Kokiri's form the energies will continue to coalesce inwardly and once the Rune is removed they retain Kokiri form yet gain greater power over Forest Energies!

We see Forest Sprites born from Hylians yet never have we've seen Normal Forest Sprites(unless those are the Fairies). I wish the next Zelda Game would introduce them(even if they look like Kokiri wearing clothes made of leaves)...
10/24/2018 08:23 AMPosted by Darethy
Been sorting through my music selection and I just realize now i'v not turned on a radio, nor watched anything outside my personal playlist for years.

I too have been feeling musically isolated lately. I even put together a little forum game to try and have people try and introduce others to music.

Problem is every time I come to the forums to get it started, I read something in a thread that leaves me angry and I close the browser without doing so. Like, not pretend, "Ha ha I'm semi-RPing" angry. Actual real life angry.

...I'm thinking of taking a forum break.
10/24/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Kelrexia
Been sorting through my music selection and I just realize now i'v not turned on a radio, nor watched anything outside my personal playlist for years.

I too have been feeling musically isolated lately. I even put together a little forum game to try and have people try and introduce others to music.

Problem is every time I come to the forums to get it started, I read something in a thread that leaves me angry and I close the browser without doing so. Like, not pretend, "Ha ha I'm semi-RPing" angry. Actual real life angry.

Do what you need to for you Kel, your well being shouldn’t be at the mercy of stuff here or in game. I’ll miss ya if you decide to take a break, but totally get ya.

P.S. Darethy still owes you that Velf’s number :P

You could start the game in the discord. Or make a channel for it, and viciously mod it so off-topic things disappear.
10/24/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Vaethria
You could start the game in the discord. Or make a channel for it, and viciously mod it so off-topic things disappear.

Or just arbitrarily mod it. Make your channel the "Hunger Games" of Discord. Who will be the next to go?
Electric Six

Down at Mcdonaldz is the most bizarre songs I listen to regularly. These guys are fantastic!

10/24/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Anelaan
That's why I recently started using Spotify to listen to some new music in my preferred genres. I actually listened to a song from this year that I ended up adding to my playlist.

Since a couple years ago, I've been discovering music by going down YouTube "Related Videos" rabbit holes. Basically starting with a song, and clicking every interesting looking thumbnail, then repeating with every song I like out of those. I often end up with literally over a hundred tabs doing this, but it always leads to finding great stuff.

Earlier in the year, one such binge lead me to finding The Peggies and Polkadot Stingray, two Japanese bands. Then last week I got a huge dopamine hit when, while I was going through all the new anime from this season, I found that both of those bands were featured in two new shows! Just the slow realization of, "oh my goodness, is this...? It... it is!!" And then squeeing at my SO with joyful recognition. While we didn't end up picking up either show, I'm so happy the musicians are getting exposure!

10/24/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Galenorn
Grass is my absolute favorite type

Grass is a very close second for me, since I'm a gardener, and they have so many fantastic designs in every generation. Fairies just win out in the end, because, well... they're freakin' fairies! So cute.

I even put together a little forum game to try and have people try and introduce others to music.

I love forum games like that! I'm currently really digging the one on this board. Discovered a lot of great rockin' tunes, and some funny ones too.

I get that honestly. I often get too invested in my arguments and it reflects on me in an unhealthy way, like a lot of people from home i'm not sure I have a mode that isn't either 'sanguine' or 'zealously angry' which doesn't translate into good forum discussion, least not in the latter case.

Sometimes i'll read certain posts as directed at me specifically, or ill read ones that ARE directed at me specifically, and i'll feel that rage swelling up. Where I want to hammer out You don't know me, and you don't know what we've been through. but then I remember it's a video game and try cool down. Cooling down usually means I don't say anything for awhile.

No wonder im getting white hairs early.
10/25/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Darethy
I get that honestly. I often get too invested in my arguments and it reflects on me in an unhealthy way, like a lot of people from home i'm not sure I have a mode that isn't either 'sanguine' or 'zealously angry' which doesn't translate into good forum discussion, least not in the latter case.

Sometimes i'll read certain posts as directed at me specifically, or ill read ones that ARE directed at me specifically, and i'll feel that rage swelling up. Where I want to hammer out You don't know me, and you don't know what we've been through. but then I remember it's a video game and try cool down. Cooling down usually means I don't say anything for awhile.

You remind me of this saucy black woman that lives near me who makes this face every time someone says something she doesn't like and then she starts turning on the charm.

"B'SCUSE ME? YOU DON'T KNOW ME. YOU DON'T KNOW MY LIFE. WHO YOU THINK YOU TALKIN' TO? GET TA STEPPIN'!"

*saucy black woman finger snap*
10/25/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Skalla
10/25/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Darethy

You remind me of this saucy black woman that lives near me who makes this face every time someone says something she doesn't like and then she starts turning on the charm.

"B'SCUSE ME? YOU DON'T KNOW ME. YOU DON'T KNOW MY LIFE. WHO YOU THINK YOU TALKIN' TO? GET TA STEPPIN'!"

*saucy black woman finger snap*

Hahaha, I suppose that's...flattering? it's a very cheesy thought to have, and one i'd never vocalize. It's not based in reason, it's just based in emotion. I try not to let my emotions guide me when I can.

....Which is difficult given my temperament.
10/25/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Darethy
Hahaha, I suppose that's...flattering? it's a very cheesy thought to have, and one i'd never vocalize. It's not based in reason, it's just based in emotion. I try not to let my emotions guide me when I can.

....Which is difficult given my temperament.
I will be silently waiting in the bushes for the day when you finally cut loose on someone here in the forums and have my popcorn at the ready for the spectacular show you will inevitably provide.

*creepily fades into the darkness*
I am just now learning of this.

Do with it as you will.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mongrel_Horde
Did the blood elf heritage questline on PTR. I'm not a big blood elf fan, but I can only imagine people who love Blood of the Highborne as much as I love the WotA trilogy will love this questline as much as I loved Legion. Every time you turn around it's "Character x from the book! Scene y!" and it shows a lot of care went into it.
Ok, something has been bugging me since the new expansion released, but I don't think it's enough for its own thread.

Everywhere on the planet, except for Zandalar and Kul Tiras, you can see the Seat of the Pantheon as an oddly shaped star in the sky. Why can't it be seen from Zandalar or Kul Tiras? Is it just an oversight?
10/25/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Baxter
Is it just an oversight?

I'd assume this.
How do you guys deal with recognizing you’re being overly combative with others online? I’ve noticed things that used to just bug me have been getting magnified and I can even see my posts become more aggressive than is needed.

I want to just hang out and talk positive cool lore things, but more recently I keep finding myself interjecting into arguments when I don’t need to. Any advice?
In honor of reaching 100 reputations exalted (still need to finish Champions of Azeroth, Storm's Wake, and Tortollan Seekers on top of that for 103, though), tomorrow I'm going to treat myself to post my life story and how it affects my views on WoW's story.

So stay tuned for a thread few will read, and probably fewer will respond to.
10/25/2018 10:34 PMPosted by Saiphas
How do you guys deal with recognizing you’re being overly combative with others online? I’ve noticed things that used to just bug me have been getting magnified and I can even see my posts become more aggressive than is needed.

I want to just hang out and talk positive cool lore things, but more recently I keep finding myself interjecting into arguments when I don’t need to. Any advice?

Cheesy as this sounds, taking a few moments to calm down and meditate helps me. I'll lay on the bed when I notice myself get that way, or take a seat on the floor and just let my pressure ease back down.

Long life, short life, too much life to spend being upset. A few minutes of calm spares an hour of rage, even if I still disagree with a person when i'm done, i'll at least be able to get myself to see their mental framework a little easier. I get hyper aggressive when i'm actually angry, so I need some way to force an off switch.

Maybe turn on some rain sounds on the computer, if it's not already raining outside. Water always helps me go back to being sanguine about things.

If you are referring to forums, one suggestion is to write out an argument, and then not post it.

Write out your thoughts, what you would argue. Read it, and if you don't like how it sounds, thinking it sounds heated or angry, just delete it.

Often, I find just writing out my problems with WoW's story actually helps more than the act of posting it. It also allows me to later post about it calmly, because I've already thought it through. I've already written what I think, and it makes it easier to write what I actually want to say.

Just, write out what you think, then delete it. It's rather cathartic for me.
10/25/2018 11:28 PMPosted by Ximothy

If you are referring to forums, one suggestion is to write out an argument, and then not post it.

Write out your thoughts, what you would argue. Read it, and if you don't like how it sounds, thinking it sounds heated or angry, just delete it.

Often, I find just writing out my problems with WoW's story actually helps more than the act of posting it. It also allows me to later post about it calmly, because I've already thought it through. I've already written what I think, and it makes it easier to write what I actually want to say.

Just, write out what you think, then delete it. It's rather cathartic for me.

Thanks, I think ill take you up on that one.
I am of the personal opinion that the term Dwarfism should be abolished in place of the term Short Stature. We don't want short people mistaken for Norse Dwarves(also known as Dark Elves and Brunette/Black Elves) now do we?

We should also abolish the term Gigantism in place of the term Large Stature. We don't want large people mistaken for Greek Giants(known as Naga in Hinduism and Buddhism) now do we?