Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Final Fantasy 16 got Yoshi-P (FF14) as producer and the DMC5 guy as director, and it’s a return to medieval fantasy. High hopes for this game.

1 Like

Division 3’s making it, which is the division that made Heavensward. Soken getting to do the music is exciting.

It’s going to be so weird having one of those after so many years of fantasy/sci fi mix games.

1 Like

I eagerly await it. I never liked how FF leaned into more modern or scifi stuff like 13 and 15.

Honestly I don’t even like 7’s setting but at least it works with the industrialism story it’s telling, so there’s a reason for it.

I mean a mix of it can work. Like in Chrono Trigger for example. You go from fighting ancient dino men to apocalypse robots and it never feels wrong.

I think CT is different because of the time travel aspect, so it’s not just a straight up modern setting like FF15 was. I don’t like seeing gas stations and truckers in Final Fantasy.

On another topic I hope the main guy isn’t the only playable character.

Was going to add this to my previous post but you replied already.

Sticking to formula in an anthology series is a good way for it to go stale anyway so experimenting with different settings and genres isn’t a bad thing. Presumably why they’re ditching the sci fi elements this time around.

It could be done right they’ve just never properly committed to it. Urban fantasy is definitely a thing but it requires a much different style than they usually go for.

What’s wrong with him? Generic white man protagonist?

Nothing seems wrong with him at all I just don’t like only having one playable character and playstyle.

Oh absolutely. It’s not like urban fantasy is inherently bad - one of my favorite series ever, Fate, is urban fantasy - but I just don’t think it works in this series. They’ve had several tries at it and it’s never clicked with me.

Yeah I feel that. Never liked being locked into one character being the lead either, especially if they’re not that interesting(Tidus).

Like I said I feel the issue is they mixed it with sci fi and never fully committed to it. Have you ever watched Legend of Korra? It blends the fantasy aspects with the mundane quite well and that’s the kind of cues they should take when designing a world around it. Have magic being used to power technology, utterly mundane uses for the fantastical things from other FF games. Like in LoK they’ve adapted the previously rare technique of lightning manipulation to run power plants for the city and it’s a career for anyone who can use it.

1 Like

This, I’m excited for.

Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War is a game I’m looking forward to, but the campaign preview that’s been shown today has me the opposite of impressed. I love the first two Black Ops games, so I was hoping for that kind of vibe again instead of Fast & Furious 6, and the UI seems too clean. The machine gun that was shown doesn’t look like it belongs to what’s already been established for a Black Ops game that’s set in the 80’s, as I don’t remember you being able to use a holographic sight with a laser on it when in timelines before current day. I’m a little bothered that Woods doesn’t have his original voice actor, but I’m more bothered by Mason not having any voice lines while playing as him, it’s a step back to have the character you’re playing as not talk at this point. You also shouldn’t have the person playing the single player portion of the game do quick scopes when the point of the video is to show how the game works when fighting against NPCs.

Made an ironman on OSRS and went straight for Wintertodt. Originally wanted 85 firemaking, then went for 90, and now I am just waiting for a Tome of Fire (1/1000 drop). I am just about to hit 95 firemaking, and I just got a Dragon Axe (1/10000). To say I am livid would be an understatement.

OK would you believe it I have received the Tome of Fire. In the future, I’ll be posting about my terrible RNG here since obviously the gods of the Story Forum don’t want me to be in any way, shape or form displeased by anything!!

I can finally get rid of that weird skull on my veng artifact AND use it as havoc. Yes. Yes good.

1 Like

I’m free from Blizzard jail! Never crack a joke about Garrosh and Draka.

you were suspended for that?..

Mmhm. This forum is a hole when it comes to moderation. They want to keep it g rated when their game is anything but.

they don’t even actually wanna keep it g rated. its just double standards left and right. i rarely report but ive seen blatantly over the top inflammatory insulting stuff just go by unpunished while something totally harmless will get slapped for a week suspension

3 Likes