Story and Lore Developer Live Stream đŸŽ„

This is the middle of their work day, they probably still have stuff they need to do and want to get through this as fast as possible without just reading a list.

1 Like

Well they are not even discussing lore yet, it has been 15 min of patting themselves.

17 Likes

Oh snap, they’re bringing up Team Red now. Getting ready to rage.

Then they shouldn’t do this if they’re just going to rush it and waste our time. Sounds like BFA in general.

7 Likes

Splitting hairs by applying the actual meaning of words and not peoples assumptions on them.

Of course.

2 Likes

They said that three days ago.

1 Like

If you feel like it’s a waste of your time, then stop watching and read the highlights later. You aren’t required to watch if you don’t like what you’re seeing.

1 Like

What do we have to gain from them talking about lore we already know? Right now they’re literally just summing up everything that’s happened so far.

5 Likes

And now you see the truth.

1 Like

Yeah I saw this backtracking.

If it’s not a QA they should say so unambiguously.

8 Likes

Are you still confused?

2 Likes

So this is a BfA Lore stream, they should have made that more clear. The two post they have made made it seem like it was more of a general lore stream not just summing up what has happened already in BfA.

I’m confused as to what this is supposed to be. The first ten minutes was them vaguely explaining some stuff that goes on behind the scenes. And the last ten minutes has been “Yeah, so Jaina exists. From Warcraft 3. She went to Kul’tiras. That cinematic was great! Saurfang, he also exists. He’s doing stuff!”

5 Likes

So have they actually said anything that is different from any of the previous iterations of “well, ‘evil’ is in the eye of the beholder, Sylvanas definitely has an agenda and you’ll find out more about it soon, both sides are doing some shady things”? I’m stuck at work and can’t listen to the stream.

3 Likes

They made it clear that it was a lore stream.

When it was expected it’d be a Q&A, they clarified and said it would ‘not be much of a Q&A’, which implies that they’d spend some small amount of time on it.

There’s still time for me to be proven wrong and I’ll eat my crow very happily if so.

They’re just talking about why WoW is great and the cinematics are awesome and talking about Jaina, Bwonsamdi, and characters. Talanji as ‘yet another female presence’.

I’m glad she just got reduced to her gender.

15 Likes

No, they spent some time talking about how their different teams operate. Now they’re just kind of recapping some of the characters.

1 Like

So I cant really watch the stream atm (at work) so I’m checking out the mmo champ recap and

“People have strong feelings about the state of the Horde right now, and the conflict allows good storytelling and depth to develop.”

Hooooo boy

14 Likes

“Rule of cool is awesome.”

2 Likes

I understand that. But it’s a “Lore Stream”. What options are there? There’s Q&A and that’s about it. Right now they’re just saying “Bwonswamdi, wow. He exists. Loa of Death. Voice actor great, so exciting!”

19 Likes

Even though I agree with that, it’s stuff we already heard at BlizzCon.