Stormwind, the worst economy of all?

Probably didnt mean a literal drought, but just that food production had ceased due to banditry. The Land has grown barren, because the farmers left, due to the bandits.

The Horde literally live on a Barren wasteland of a continent they can’t even grow anything on it. The closest thing they had was Tirisfal but Sylvanas nuked it so I guess the Horde lives off of sand :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve been salty about the inability to provide Topper with any assistance - financial or otherwise - since I started playing. My characters are very economically stable, they should be able to give to charity!

1 Like

There are farms in the Barrens, Mul’gore looks like it could be used for farmland, and Azshara was essentially gifted to them at the end of MoP unless I remembered wrong. There is also Dustwallow Marsh that I assume the Horde could lay claim to since the destruction of Theramore.

who tf is farming in a literal desert. Unless you’re talking about that one Oasis.

Yeah but Tauren are hunter gatherers. I don’t see them ever giving that up to farm.

Yeah I guess that could be plausible you know with how the whole place is being mined out for Azsharite and what not. Could have a few farms near those refineries.

They don’t seem interested in it considering we’ve been at a few expansions now without them bothering with it.

It’s more a savannah than a desert! You’d be surprised with a little ingenuity the kinds of things they might grow.

From wowpedia (not sure the source they’re using)

The Barrens are also dotted with numerous farms populated by [orcs] and their families, and [watch towers] manned by orcish and tauren guards.

It also provides control of various trade routes, which economically would be important. Even if the Horde doesn’t grow all it’s food, they can use trade to import some of it.

Well, we have no idea if they would or not, but it is there for it. They are also excellent hunter-gatherers and Mulgore is large enough that they can probably get a lot of meat from the different game that graze there.

And again that Azerite and minerals can be used for trade and investment in things like engineering better farming techniques for the more harsh environments they live in.

That’s true. But this is kind of the whole world of the Cata zones. Half of them we have no idea what’s going on.

2 Likes