Stormbringer

For PvP I get not liking P-Wave but for PvE I don’t understand the hatred for P-Wave or Elementalist. Only gripe is mainly Lava Lash only spreading Flameshock to 4 targets instead of 5, but outside of that I feel like P-Wave has been pretty fun to play with and has felt pretty good.

I hope its a proc panic build where when we get to go double windfury (or give me 2H please) and when a Wind Fury pops off an ability will flash and we have to use that ability next that will also hit a windfury and light up another ability and the window to press the correct button gets smaller and smaller as we shuffle around the correct button to keep the chain going.

1 Like

Didn’t they change lightning shield to one hour buff? I just press it once and it stays up.

As for OP,

Please make enh more viable in RBGs. I love the storm strike build. But if not, at least I’ll be able to sneak into groups in the new Rated Solo BG.

2 Likes

I don’t mind if SS is a highest priority ability, but it is priority over the spenders. It is pushing over the edge too much. We are not in classic, we are in Dragonflight BTW. Spamming one button in a builder spender spec ignoring the entire spender part for as long as you can spam SS is completely dysfunctional. Fury doesn’t spam one button because it wants to spend rage on Rampage ASAP. Outlaw doesn’t spam SS because it wants to spend CPs on Between the Eye, Dispatch and Slice and Dice. I listed Fury and Outlaw because they are similar to storm build.

2 Likes

I honestly think it has to do with the set up time and how circumstances outside of your control can send it off the rails.

-flame shock
-prim wave another target
-summon wolves
-lava lash one of the targets with flame shock
-lightning bolt

The damage is good, but how many specs have to wait until gcd 5 to do any aoe damage? If you mess up and FS something that dies quickly its over. If the mobs are all spread out it muffs the whole thing. It can feel very clunky to use and be quite punishing.

It was already outdated when they released it, lol.

It’s deff a skill facet of the spec that I enjoy given when you pull it off you feel like a monster in M+ but at the same time I get people getting frustrated with it. I’m hoping that they decided to simply make Lava Lash baseline spread Flame Shock to 3 targets and then 2 points in Molten Assault pushes it up to 5 targets.

That could work. They could also make prim wave its own debuff separate from flame shock. Then lightning bolt could just hit everything within 10 yards of the mob with the prim wave debuff.

The only reason I’m against that is that could lead to some wonkyness given there some Z-axis issues related to how spell effect spread like Flameshock. Say like on Oakhart in DHT. It would also kill the bit of spread cleave/funnel we are able to leverage on fights like Larodar and Council in the Raid or Raal and Lord/Lady Waycrest in M+ as example.

Making prim wave its own debuff would not have any effect on what flame shock currently does or how it spreads. I’m not sure how that would hurt our ability to funnel. In my eyes it would just change the lightning bolt nuke into more of a meteor effect- unless I’m missing something.

So a clear example I can give is on Council of Dreams. Assuming your tanks aren’t apes, you will mostly have 2 of the bosses stacked together with one of the bosses being a good distance away. Additionally there are points where all 3 boss may be spread out pretty far from each other, generally due to the bear charging. With the way P-Wave is now as a buff on yourself and the Lightning Bolt shooting off from you, so long as the bosses have flameshock on them, you will get additional 3 bolts and 3 stacks of Splintered Elements regardless of the distance of the bosses. With your suggesting of Pwave being a debuff on a target and the bolts only hitting things within 10 yards of the target, you would the majority of the time only hit 2 targets with additional bolts and thus only get 2 stacks of splintered elements or worse may end up only hitting the debuffed target because of boss movements or other factors.

Similar example of this being worse compared to current would be the 2nd boss of Everbloom since you would only be able to hit 2 bosses with it at a time and would need to wait for after every charge to fire your Lightning Bolt otherwise you are only hitting one target. Whereas now you simply just need to maintain 3 stacks of Flameshock and their positioning doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

I see. Thank you for taking the time to explain.

1 Like

That being said, your suggestion could be a pretty cool hero talent for Stormbringer and would super good for helping Storm have more viability in cleave. Or maybe every time Stormbringer (the mastery proc) procs it causes your next Stormstrike to trigger the extra bolts to hit off your target? It would be a good bump for Storm and would still have some benefit for Elementalist both in single target and cleave.

Or at least I would if glancing at details right after pulling it off didn’t show me still only doing half the dps of our beast master because we pulled twice as many mobs as my target cap. :confused:

My fix would be to have Primordial Wave just directly blast all targets with either your Flame Shock DoT or Frost Shock debuff on them for Elemental damage, rather than needing an additional step to cast Lightning Bolt.

I’ve haven’t been too down about that lately since I started doing slightly higher keys since there are a lot of pulls where we can murder a priority target while the rest of the party are bringing the rest of the pack down.

Frost Shock would be odd since the majority of the time you are most likely going to have Frost Shock on targets that already have flame shock on them. Also if that isn’t capped, min-maxing would be a nightmare since you would need to position yourself get Frost Shock on to targets that don’t have Flame Shock. Also, partially against it just firing off immediately since there is a lot of benefit of being able to leverage the 10 stack of maelstrom it gives plus the CDR on Wolves that comes with it.

Again, just adjusting Lava Lash to baseline spread to 3 additional targets and making Motlen Assult cause it to spread to 1 additional target per point is a pretty go way to go.

I was imagining the target cap still in place. Adding Frost Shock in this way is more of a band-aid fix for the issues with Flame Shock not spreading consistently, as Hailstorm’s spread tends to be much more reliable.

I don’t mean that casting Primordial Wave would auto-cast its follow up Lightning Bolt, I mean hitting PWave would just deal damage itself to all applicable targets. You’d still get the 10 MSW stacks generated by Primal Maelstrom, and have more flexibility on what to spend them on because you don’t need to ensure you get a Lightning Bolt off before the follow up window closes.

Alternatively, Primordial Wave could keep its current functionality, but instead of being a bolt that deals single target damage and applies Flame Shock to one target, it could be a – gasp – wave of damage expanding from the caster in a ring and applying Flame Shock to the first 6 targets it hits, which would also handily help Elemental’s problem with lacking efficient ways to spread Flame Shock to leverage PWave outside of a different talented 1 minute cooldown that doesn’t line up with Pwave’s 45 seconds.

Either way, it would just be nice to take a step out of the process in a spec that’s already got so much else feeding into its cleave loop.

lets all forget about primordial wave , what a bad design skill , and ENH doesn’t like it , ENH is a melee class not a caster , bring back SS that hurt not a filler skill.

5 Likes

For PvP. For PvE it’s the thing that’s made Enhance a must-pick for raid and M+ for the entirety of Dragonflight.

My only thing is where or not Splintered Elements is applied upon Pwave doing its damage as you laid out. For Enhance there is a lot of moments being able to leverage the ability to put Pwave on CD prior to points where you would do your LB cleave. Mythic Larodar on pull is a good example of being able on pull do Pwave > Wolves >1st EB > Build to fire 2nd EB > and fill until the adds come out to LL and then LB for Splintered Elements stacks. Splintered Elements getting applied with Pwave getting hit would lose that flexibility and necessitate more holding in some cases.

I don’t know what you are talking about. I only PvP and in PvP, LB > SS when at 10 stacks of MSW. Your rant doesn’t make much sense to me.

It defeats the purpose of the spec for the spender as spending MSW on LB/CL has a chance to refund the MSW spent. You’re missing out on damage if you prioritize SS over LB at 10 stacks.