Stormbringer Theories

What do you think they mean by being the sole lightning caster when talking about this hero talent tree? Sounds like to me that casting lightning bolt is going to build stacks of haste for us and allies. Don’t know what else they’ve got planned for it though.

What are your theories?

Pretty sure they meant that shamans are the only class with lightning spells and that makes shamans unique from other casters.

2 Likes

I imagine it’s going to be our version of sunfury for fire mages. Lightning effects everywhere. Built around Chain Lightning and Storm Strike.

3 Likes

I’m in agreement, every hero tree seems to favour a certain playstyle, so considering for Ele’s Farseer essentially plays how the fire build is and Totemic (although only seen datamined data), involves a lot of the Enhancements Elementalist Build especially with the inclusion of Fire Nova.

Stormbringer has to 100% should focus and double down on Ele’s Lightning and Enhances Storm build which I’m absolutely excited to see my 2 fav play styles revived.

I wanna see Lightning everywhere, beefier Stormstrike’s!!.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing this one the most I think, but Totemic could be cool too. I hope at least one of the two gets released next week

1 Like

I hope flame Shock transforms into another spell…. Static shock - deals nature damage over time and spreads to enemies automatically if they get too close to each other maybe like 6 yards.

It would also be cool if generating maelstrom stacks gave us a separate stacking buff and once we reached a certain amount of stacks say 30 we could activate them with an existing ability maybe crash lightning and our auto attacks become nature damage and deal more damage and consume a stack of the buff until it runs out.

1 Like

I would squeel if Enhance could get access to the Electrocute PvP talent. :3

Static Shock,
Flame Shock upgrades to Static Shock dealing X amount of Nature Damage to the Target, Stormstrike can spread Static Shock to a maximum of 8 targets within 10 yards.

Crash Lightning Overload,
Crash Lightning makes Stormstrike become Storm Blast, Storm Blast causes all Targets with Static Shock to receive a debuff causing Nature Damage to be 10-20% more effective.

The loop feeds itself, You Static Shock into a Stormstrike, spread it, Crash Lightning into a Storm Blast (upgraded Stormstrike same keybind), into a Chain Lightning for increased Damage that reduces Crash Lightning cooldown.

Single Target could be similar how they’ve done Scalecommanders Disintegrate, the less targets amplifies the damage.

So less Targets makes the debuff stronger, the more targets the debuff is spread more thin.

I would like to see them alter Deeply Rooted Elements in some way.

I would much prefer it if that instead of DRE having a chance to cast Ascendance it instead reduced the cooldown of Ascendence when spending maelstrom. That would give the player more control and make managing resources important.

I would also like to see them add some type of defensive component to lightning shield. A flat DR, a nice hot, or something more creative.

It also wouldn’t hurt my feelings if the tree increased the number of targets chain lightning could hit.

They could even get spicy and make windfury weapon procs do nature damage.

1 Like

Honestly they should be both, Ascendance has DRE baked in, but at a way less potent version passively, people do enjoy that feeling but Ascendance baseline should be 2 min, and every time DRE procs it reduces the cooldown of Ascendance by x amount of seconds.

So you still get that gameplay of the random procs and added range and all but less potent, but still can have Ascendance when needed for more control. Best of both worlds and a happy medium in between.

1 Like

The Dathea spell. After wiping to that a few times tonight I would be very ok with this change.

Got no theories, but totemic looks pretty blehhh from the datamining, which is kinda sad because I was hyped for it…

So hopefully stormbringer can give us some sauce, farseer is also really mediocre in my eyes, it all falls on stormbringer for me lol

1 Like

I would personally like them to take DRE out behind the tool shed and shoot it. Your idea sounds fun though!

Looking at totemic, I think it would be very boring. I think it’s a product of a need to fill a position.
The brilliant idea has already been used up for another class,
They’re now working on their remaining homework: designing shaman.

I’m sort of with you on this one, to me a lot is riding on how Stormbringer turns out, As Resto I can do Farseer, I don’t mind it, as Ele I despise the Farseer playstyle with a passion and miss my Storm Elemental, Enhance as controversial as it is I loved the Storm Build, so really Stormbringer is all I want to see.

I do like to Heal and dps on the side, aslong as one dps spec hits a home run with Stormbringer I’m sold :joy:.

1 Like

I’m in the same place with ele. I absolutely despise the Lava Burst spam build. I dropped shaman as my main a few weeks into season 3 because I couldn’t stand it. Now I’m trying enhancement out for season 4, but I really would rather be doing ele.

Stormbringer will hopefully be good, because Farseer definitely isn’t.

Still annoyed that people actually voted to keep the Season 3 set.

1 Like

I’m praying sometime next week everything Shaman be announced for war within!. :crossed_fingers:t4:

We can only hope they put the primalist build on totemic so both playstyles I would hate, I can avoid.