Stormbringer and Totemic coming soon!

Looks like finally we be bringing back the Storm in a couple of weeks!.

Stormbringer reviving the Lightning Build for Ele and Storm Build for Enhance!?, I’m Excited! Let us bring the Storm!.

“For Stormbringer, we’re working on emphasizing the uniqueness of being the sole lightning caster as much as possible.”

Pumped for Stormbringer, Especially for Enhance.

Totemic slightly worrying if they add more buttons like what was datamined.

“For Totemic, our plan is to make your existing totems, and perhaps a new one or two, feel more impactful and do some unique things when they’re dropped.” Have to see how this one goes.

Better late then never, curious to see what they bring!.

3 Likes

The wording of that Totemic blurb makes it sound like they’re considering adding throughput effects to casting utility totems, which… god please no.

3 Likes

Totemic is a worry from reading that, I can’t imagine how the public will react if they do add more buttons and unique totems…

But Stormbringer is what I’m excited for. Not a fan of the Elementalist Build for Enhance nor the pseudo fire mage we’ve become as Ele (which Farseer doubles down on).

2 Likes

I’m excited to see what Stormbringer is about. Not wowed by Farseer so far.

That said, I’ve been shopping around to other casters as possible mains in TWW but I always come back to Ele. There’s just nothing I’ve found that compares to the dopamine hit from machine gunning chain lightnings into a pack of unfortunate mooks. Hopefully Stormbringer cranks that up to 11.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m 100% with you on this.

Stormbringer is what I’m excited for. Tired of elemental being a crappy fire mage.

5 Likes

I think totemic might be cool. I like the idea of more imbues and that chain lightning totem is cool. But the main mechanic isn’t really my jam. My jam is some Wildhammer stormhammering. Man, I secretly hope he get to throw a lightning hammer.

2 Likes

For me it depends on how they do it and which totems. For example stoneskin totem is a utility defensive buff that you want as much uptime on as you can, so incentivizing you to drop that as often as possible seems like it would be fine. Capacitor totem also could have throughput tied to it since generally whenever you’re stunning mobs you are also trying to kill them. Earthbind could work too unless you need the earth grab root for a mechanic.

Other totems like tremor or poison cleansing…. You need those for specific mechanics so they wouldn’t be good candidates for throughput.

I’m excited to see the Stormbringer tree, but I prefer the elementalist build of enhance over storm, so I can only hope it meshes well with that. With any luck, it will mostly be buffs to lightning bolt, stormstrike, and chain lightning, which both playstyles make use of.

1 Like

Stormbringer being based on those abilities will drastically favor Storm over Elementalist, though, since Storm casts those spells almost exclusively and has no randomizing impacts on their effectiveness, while Elementalist needs to juggle a wider range of spells and will experience broader damage swings depending on how many Lightning Wolves they get.

The latter is also a major concern with the datamined Totemic talents incentivizing Fire Nova, and the changes to the structure of the spec tree making Elemental Blast less accessible. These changes heavily disincentivize taking the talents that make Frost an impactful part of our damage profile, instead concentrating that power into Fire. Losing Hailstorm and Elemental Blast for Fire Nova and Lava Burst means that every Frost wolf we get from Elemental Spirits becomes much weaker, and all that power is concentrated into praying for Fire wolves instead.

I’m growing very concerned for the Elementalist build’s future.

I found
youtube. com/watch?v=q9N2foaAClk&ab_channel=Tiqqle

I dont know whats gonna be kept or not but from first glance im really liking I and I kinda wanted that for I think its gonna be fun for resto.
For Enhance having a totem casting Ele blast for you will give lots of free stats

The main thing I really love is finally having healing rain as a totem. Its huge

They have done it with DH with their flat dps inc when they use their movement cd. so it figures they would do it to us.

The storm named hero talents will focus on storm abilities.

The totem named hero talents will focus on totem abilities.

And they will be out soon. Which they sorta have to be out soon by default.

Not exactly a post giving us any info. Especially with other classes now getting a second pass on their hero talents.

6 Likes

I made a post in general today asking for any communication period, and they go and do something like this. Something is going wrong at Blizzard HQ. There’s no way sober eyes look at the state of affairs for Shaman and think they’re treating us fairly.

I don’t raid but I was watching some video yesterday that said, I don’t know, 4 specs in the game don’t have raid buffs and so they aren’t brought to raids - two of them were Shaman specs.

Un-effing-real. I actually hate these people.

Well totemic spec been datamined so at least out of the 2 is possible to check a bit

Yeah, I feel like I’m the only one with this opinion, but totems feel very 2004 in Dragonflight and I’m guessing it won’t get better in TWW.

Some totems should remain totems, but a lot should be converted to a mechanic like Warrior Shouts. For me, one whole Shaman tree is DOA. (Mind you, I’m willing to try it and see, but my hopes are low)

Totem should be untargetable thing. But there for visual. Its a drop and go thing that cant be killed. Similar to how other class cast a regular spell

Even cap totem would be really bad to put throughput on because then you’re forced to use it on cooldown so you rarely have it when you need it. That’s really the problem with putting it on totems in general, most of them are niche utility that have a specific moment they need used and putting throughput on them forces you to use them on cooldown. Windfury, healing stream, and stoneskin are pretty much the only totems you want to have up on cooldown and not have issues with them having throughput increases.

Plus who wants to start every single fight with /cast windfury, earthgrab,capacitor,healing stream,stoneskin, etc. Nothing like 5+ gcds to even start actually dpsing. Dropping windfury is already enough of an annoyance to the point that I don’t take it, that fact that windfury is terrible outside of a stacked raid group also helps. What’s worse is that there is already regularly used ability button bloat, at least for enhancement. Now you want to toss several more totems into that rotation? That’s just making things so much worse. It also pidgeonholes you into taking totem talents because we have what 1? in our base kit? Finally, given how often raids/dungeons are more and more about mobility to survive, if you drop a totem and immediately have to move, especially out of range, that’s just going to feel awful. It certainly doesn’t feel good having to pick a QOL talent to make them feel less worse.

I just don’t see this working super well given the current state of shamans totems. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised, I hope I am. Right now I feel like Stormbringer is my only real option on Enhancement, which doesn’t feel good to have no real choice.

2 Likes

This. This whole thing. Especially from a PvP standpoint Enhance doesn’t even take Healing Stream right now… like Healing Stream, ThE base totem.

Enhance is so global starved it’s not even funny. I like the skill expression of being able to play certain totems in certain situations but the juggling of so many things is a bit much.

It already looks like people are going to have to make yet another weak aura while other classes and specs are getting their toolkits reduced to favor a slightly better rotation.

I’ve been wanting to main Enhance for a long time I really hope they deliver on this.

1 Like

Want to see capacitor become an instant stun that channels over the duration, like an AoE lasso. Could even bake them together so it becomes a great damage totem as well. (Maybe for dps specs only) Would give totemic recall serious playability to boot. Making cudgel or the CDR a compelling choice node.

Access to an instant cast ranged aoe stun would make us unique and really reliable. In this day and age I don’t think it’s OP at all. The game has got so fast paced that I think it would fit in. Pick rates in M+ , Arena and RBGs would increase as well.