Storm Lord @ Blizzard

“it’s rng no bugged”

meanwhile sha of anger rng got buffed because it was toxic bad design

you do know that there were and are many people who were doing the event that got duplicates and were giving them out (myself included). Yes there is problems with the event (namely the tirisfal glades spawn point not existing) but the elemental random rotation wasn’t one of them. People were killing them for the other loot they can drop as well (like the catchup gear)

I’ll never understand that after 18 years of a game being habitually plagued with actual rng acting like rng (most games DONT use actual RNG) than players still get upset with it

4 Likes

The very least Blizzard could’ve done was not allow duplicate invasions. But nope, apparently that’s too much to ask from them.

4 Likes

Hasn’t the event been going on since the 15th? Idk how long American thanksgiving lasts but I feel everyone had plenty of time to get everything they needed as far as gear on a least one character and the heirloom. :man_shrugging:

21 kills. 0 drops.

Sha was a literal like .02% drop on the mount or something obscene like that. that is way different than what is probably set to whatever the spawn rate is not showing up the past 30 times with how their game distributes RNG

The problem isn’t the time given, the problem is it not spawning.

8 Likes

Fair enough then, carry on!

2 Likes

I assure you had I known the RNG would bug out I’d have spent more time the one day at the start I had available before I started traveling to do more stormlords. lol

I shouldn’t have to assume Blizzard will create a situation where I can’t get something in the last 4 days of an event that is supposed to have a reasonable chance of spawning. Like this has been days.

I traveled, got sick and then traveled again, still had days I could do this and have been unable because of a bug.

2 Likes

I think the RNG probability I am at now with not seeing him once in the last 6 events I’ve checked the map is like .005 so definitely something up with the system imo.

I saw two iterations back to back on my server where all three were the same element.

2 Likes

…and of course, if Storms does make it in the rotation this final time, the fortunate people who receive a Primeval will be selling them for a fortune. Rich people will buy them, normal players will be out of luck.

I don’t think anyone’s complaining about RNG. The issue is that there’s nothing in place to prevent a prolonged period without a single type of spawn. I’ve watched the last 9 spawns. That’s 27 individual RNG events without a single storm spawn. Yet, plenty of fire, earth, and water spawns have been happening during these events, which have the same chance of spawning. The probability of such an occurrence seems extremely low, which is why many of us think it’s a bug, not RNG.

4 Likes

Further, the Sha can still drop the mount even these myriad expansions later. The pre-patch event is one and done. Don’t conflate the two.

3 Likes

Didn’t, been running alts through the event all week. Even killed 2 or 3 storm with no drops. It’s rarely up on my server at the times I can play, in the evening. I’m just outta luck.

These things should have been available at the vendor for 100 coins each. Is a well thought out solution to a foreseeable problem too much to ask?

4 Likes

inb4 armchair statisticians start going on about the way probabilities work

They’re BoA

Blame it on rng or whatever, but there should have at least been something in place to prevent multiple zones having the same elementals.
Two people in one of my guilds were still trying to get the storm drop yesterday. Meanwhile there are two earth elementals up at the same time?
I got the trinket stuff done on like day 2, but I also realize that there are a lot of people that haven’t gotten the items to drop.

4 Likes

I’m a bad person. Seeing less people have a limited time item that I have makes me happy :tea:

hopefully it doesn’t rotate anytime close to launch.

3 Likes

I have mine, but it still begs the question as to why Blizzard didn’t have them be realm based. I remember when the event started I checked like 5 realms I have alts on and I was surprised that all of the Elemental Invasions were all the same. At this point I’m not surprised.