Stopcasting not always working

Hey guys
I have this :
#show kill shot
/stopcasting
/cast kill shot

very simple… doesn’t always work. Particularly with steady shot… it’ll stop it the first time I use it… but subsequent casts, it won’t stop the cast. Can anyone see what I’m doing wrong?

It’s buggy. Try putting /stopcasting twice.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a shot, thanks!

This might help too

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cqs
/cast Kill Shot
2 Likes

hey that did the trick! thanks for the help.

1 Like

I think this may have solved a few of my weird intermittent macro issues.

Thank you Elvenbane!

1 Like

I haven’t tested but I suspect it can be simplified to

#showtooltip
/cqs
/stopcasting
/cast SPELL

Cancel Queued Spell, then Stop Casting, then Cast.

I had the same problem with kill shot macro and the /cqs with just one /stopcasting didn’t work, but /stopcasting twice did.

1 Like

Hunters have historically needed /stopcasting twice due to Auto Shot technically being a casted spell and eating the first /stopcasting.

1 Like

Should this work the same way for sw:death? I tried double stopcasting and this one, but sw:death doesnt cast at all. it just stops the currently casted spell :frowning:

#showtooltip Shadow Word: Death
/cqs
/stopcasting
/cast Shadow Word: Death

Priests are essentially GCD locked so stopcasting is 99% useless for us.

Same exact issue im having with trying to use a stopcasting macro for arcane missiles.

• If i use the macro within 1s of starting a cast, its stops the cast then does nothing. No spell cast.
  • If i use the macro more than 1s into a spell cast, the macro works as intended.

But here’s why it makes no sense…

• If i hit the macro instantly - like 0.1s after starting a spell cast - and then quickly hit the macro again in under 0.5s in a 2nd attempt to cast, the spell in the macro will start casting, proving there’s no logic to the 1s rule and no reason the macro shouldn’t always work… so there’s a bug at play. Unfortunately double-using the macro isnt an acceptable workaround, because developing a habit of double mashing the macro will screw you over the times it actually works the first time … whereas a habit of only using it once will waste too much time waiting to see if the macro worked to bother using in the first place.

This completely ruins whatever shred of a point there was left to using AM in PvE as a clearcasting filler, since Arcane Blast is typically a 1.5s cast, and cancelling after 1s into a 1.5s cast is dumb.

I agree with Qbert there is definitely a bug here. The issue still exists in the Dragonflight pre-patch. I have to double-smash the macro to get it to work, and if the cast time for the spell being canceled is under a second, the stopcasting command doesn’t even work. What are the chances they are ever going to fix it?

I am having issues with my stopcasting macros as well.

#showtooltip
/cqs
/stopcasting
/cast Psychic Scream

It will stop my current cast but does not cast Psychic Scream. But it is not every macro though because my fade macro written exactly the same works.

THANK YOU!! This fixed the same problem I was having. :slight_smile: