Stopattack macro?

hey im trying to make a spammable macro to use my attacks on something without turning on my auto attack. is this possible?

the only think i know how to do is this…

/stopattack
/cast templar’s verdict

but it acts like a double press. if i press it once my auto attack turns on, press it again and it turns off.

1 Like

Flip the order, TV enables autoattack.

i tried it and im still auto attacking

edit2 if i press it it does one auto attack and stops by itself

edit3 i did get this to work

/cast [@focus] templar’s verdict

but thats so weird… any other way…?

1 Like

If flipping it didn’t work it’s because /stopattack is executing at the same time as TV then TV’s startattack triggers. You may be able to stop it with multiple /stopattacks

That said, I don’t understand why you want to do this. You’re already targeting the person and you’re not hitting them with something like a cc that breaks on dmg.

I’m doing this because blinding light doesn’t break on holy damage. I want to be able to use my melee holy damage spells to damage them when they’re in blind without breaking it with auto attack damage…

1 Like

the [@focus] part works like a dream, was able to do No more tears achievement solo on monk with disable.

1 Like

you can just use [@target] instead of focus like:

#showtooltip
/cast [@target] Judgment
/stopattack

4 Likes

Omg why didn’t I ever think of trying that

Which is the same as not including a condition at all…

if you press judgment your auto attack will start automatically… this is supposed to prevent that.

It won’t, because you’ll be targeting that target when you Judgment which will activate your auto attack. Focus works because you don’t need to target the mob.

video inc
@elvenbane - you are correct that using /cast [@target] should be effectively the same as just using /cast (assuming that you want to cast a spell at your current target) however using /cast judgment /stopattack still results in an autoattack being triggered by judgment, whereas using /cast [@target] judgment prevents it.

edit for link:
streamable (dot) com / k9b82p

1 Like

Very cool.

Confirmed what you’re seeing in my testing and I’m also seeing something else interesting. https://imgur.com/a/zV1RBFy

#showtooltip
/cast Judgment
/stopattack

So the Judgment cast starts, auto attack hits, Judgment hits, auto attack stops

Whereas…

#showtooltip
/cast [@target] Judgement
/stopattack

No auto attack before the Judgment.

Cool thing is, you can actually remove the /stopattack from the [@target] macro entirely because it never initiates auto attack to begin with.

#showtooltip
/cast [@target] Judgement

Of course, if you do that, and you’re already auto-attacking because of something else, it won’t get cancelled.

PS - You can just wrap your links in code tags: https://streamable.com/k9b82p

2 Likes
/cast [@target]Something

That NOT starting autoattack makes sense when you consider that the same use of the mouseover or focus units in there don’t start autoattack against those units either.

The @ portion of that seems to mean “cast on but do not set to target” and without an explicit set-to-target there, even though that IS your target, autoattack would not and probably should not be started.

i’m going to have to rethink some of my ranged macros with this in mind. It might be useful.

A decade and a half doing this, much of it writing macros, and I never considered this.

Thanks so much for sharing it.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: