Stop trying to gaslight about warriors

If something else becomes bis, every warrior in the top 100 will use it. You can bet on it.

1) Where did the devs say this?

2) The top single target specs are within 100 dps of one another in full BiS, it’s hard to get more king than that unless you want it at the point where warriors do 500+ more dps than anyone else.

4 Likes

All I know is blizzard about to make some $ on warrior race changes to troll, lol.

unfortunately for your argument, the overpower spec is like 8 months old and no one uses it because it isnt good or realistic 99% of the time. Its a meme but it milks a few more dps in the sim, but no one actually uses it.

Yesterday I went and clicked on 10 random furies in the top 100 and not a single one cast an overpower all raid.

3 Likes

Aggrend himself said this around Ulduar phase when buffs for ret were being discussed. If you are not up to date on WotLK news it probably better to not engage.

You asking this is like when Gary Johnson asked “what is Alepo” in the 2016 presidential race. And if that doesnt make sense to you, look that up too.

1 Like

Link it then.

edit:

That’s what I figured, I went and found the source for this supposed claim.

Using the end of the previous tier as a baseline, Fury Warriors were also close to the bottom of the meters, but as new, more powerful gear is beginning to be acquired they are beginning to trend upward, and will continue to do so with an increasing pace for the rest of the expansion. We felt that Fury output at this moment and over the next few weeks is a fairly solid baseline for where Ret should be.

Warriors are a great example of this, and in almost every early expansion of WoW, Warriors start weak and scale exceptionally well with gear. This is especially true in Wrath where Armor Penetration becomes more prevalent and available around the midpoint of the expansion, and gear in the later tiers is more tightly optimized to allow Warriors to lean into their strengths and shine. This sort of ebb and flow feels right for classic and we do not want to change this paradigm, and feel that these adjustments will allow Retribution to stay more relevant now without creating a massive new imbalance or placing them well above where we’d expect them to be relative to other classes and specs during this or future phases.

There’s absolutely no mention whatsoever of warriors being kings, just that they’ll scale beyond their place in Naxxramas and early Ulduar.

Which, shocker, is true.

4 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/iY1Z3x3.png

there yah go :clown_face:

So some discord discussion on fight club that no one outside of it is privy to.

The sim puts them on the exact same spot as ret in that image though?

The kings comment even says “in 2 tiers”.

And fury is, with the other top dps, kings of single target damage in ICC as projected.

They’re true kings on cleave fights.

part that stinks here is sims showed this to not be true

warriors scale mostly parallel to other classes

in phase 2 rogue got more dps than warriors

if in phase 1, warriors do 4k dps and others do 6k dps, and then in phase 4 warrior does 15k and others do 16k, warrior did “scale well” and turned a 2k dps gap into a 1k dps gap, but this is at most what is happening, and with the legendary which itself is the 1000 dps lmao, meaning they scaled parallel. Biggest gain is that the 2k gap represents a smaller percent of the overall damage, giving the perception they “arent as bad anymore.” Comparing 1 to 2 and 9 to 10 is still a 1 pt different, but it goes from doing 50% of class B’s dmg to 90% of class B’s dmg. Still stinks but isnt as bad technically.

1 Like

Everyone is privy to this Mr Gary Johnson.

So you are using sims for your data, but at the same time saying sims are flawed and not showing real dps because of xyz.

Cool.

1 Like

theyre middle of the pack practically, Feral is the ICC king.

The only place warrior is good is 3-4 target fights, which is a specific niche that other classes are fairly close on, but the other classes do more single target and way more when targets go above 4.

Feral is so fun on Freya and any fight with add waves that are over 4 haha.

Yes, it is possibly to find a setting on a sim that increases dps that no one uses because its not practical in any raid situation. If you were well versed on warrior and how it works, it would be easier for you to understand. Overpower weaving is something that on paper can add some dps but in practice, the actual windows to use it are rare or never exist or come with real serious drawbacks. You have to swap stances to overpower, which means you can based on RNG shed a lot of rage. Most people find rend weaving useful but overpower is a level above that, where you have to have literally nothing procced, rend already up, low rage, and an overpower 33% procced. Its fun to use on a target dummy but in raid with raid buffs, heroism, etc, its actually not practical at all.

Sims are used to theorycraft as well, ppl found overpower spec in like February, used it a bit, and then stopped using it because it wasnt practical.

2 Likes

But how is it not true?

Have warriors not gone from lower end of the pack to the absolute top end of the pack from Naxxramas to ICC?

So how can you think warriors don’t scale better?

Yes. Exactly. Precisely.

My guy, you’re arguing against rets who require this AND TaJ to be remotely close.

I would have absolutely never seen this had you not linked it.

Lmao, OK, you’re just insane.

So play it if you enjoy it then?

You missed the math and hypos. If in Naxx warrior does 4k and other class does 6k, and in ICC a warrior does 14k (removing legendary for a sec as its 1000 dps for anyone that has it, use the 284 Lich King wpn in its place) and other classes do 16k dps, then its still a 2k gap, which means they all scaled parallel.

To scale harder means you reduce the gap or overcome the gap. Rise over run. Middle school math stuff.

See above. That is parallel scaling.

Ok Gary Johnson.

I do. I raid on five 80s and have a few more at 80 but not enough time. Two around 5650 gs (Ele and Warrior), 2 around 5300 gs (Feral and DK). Warrior is the weakest despite the gear.

1 Like

Even ignoring the bad faith of “removing Shadowmourne from warriors cause not everyone will get it, but every ret is going to have TaJ and Shadowmourne”, I don’t think you understand how this works.

If you missed it, I wasnt comparing anything to ret in that line. It was about fury scaling parallel to other classes as a whole.

Using a 284 weapon in its place makes perfect sense when youre comparing how classes scale generally, as not all classes can use it. The fact that the classes that can use it will get a boost if they are one of the lucky few that have it is an independent issue that always happens with legendaries. TBC hunters w/ an orange were certainly uniquely strong, despite being an S++ dps already without it. Glaives boosted whoever had it as well.

But that’s not parallel, even in your made up numbers.

Friend, parallel means have the same rise over run. They can go up but together.

(4k to 6k), to (14k to 16k), to (44k to 46k), to (100k to 102k), to (114k to 116k), is all parallel. With that line, the bottom line will never pass the top line.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/Qn57B9W.png

here is a photo showing you parallel lines going up