Stop the Clone Wars!

Its obvious, bliz messed up here. If you made a character on classic any sane person would assume that it would stay on classic and that you would have to opt to move to later expansions.

But what can be done? Besides some sort of compensation, unfortunatly nothing. A “clone” of your character would only be created if you opted to do so.

Your classic character continued to tbc and onwards. Bliz had no reason to make a copy of classic characters before releasing the xpac update because of the (bad) direction they chose to go in. There is nothing to restore.

Even if bliz cared enough to want to do something they cant.

4 Likes

I agree bring back cloning blizzard we need to clone again thank you

4 Likes

Only for $69.99 + $12.99 service fee

1 Like

Sounds like a deal sold I’ll take 3

4 Likes

Dont forget about the $20 handling fee and the $35 hazardous waste disposal fee because you play an undead

1 Like

you know that thing you agreed to when you logged in? it says your toons are theirs.

3 Likes

THEY DID STAY ON CLASSIC because it changed to TBC just like it did back in 2007. Classic ERA is not Classic.

Imagine if you/they had chosen to play on Era, it didn’t cost you/them anything to do that and you/they had well over a year to choose.

I’ve been trying to figure out which side of the line you are on. Personally I don’t care if they bring it back but telling people it won’t come back due to the data being gone makes them break out is all sorts of denial.

Mostly “a company would never delete data” well, the data is still there on Wrath realms so it was only a copy of that data they deleted.

1 Like

You guys are forgetting the delivery fee of 15.99.

2 Likes

SODL! Gimme the clones plz HE HE!

1 Like

Clone wars raging up on the forums.

1 Like

Blaming blizzard for a service they provided lol. They need to stop trying.

Bliz cares so much about the community that the deleted our toons for hard drive space. What a :clown_face: company.

1 Like

You cared so much about your toon that you didn’t copy it for almost 2 years

2 Likes

Literally this. Classic players didn’t sign up for Wrath lmao

1 Like

I know I didnt, I took a break from the game, came back and found my characters deleted and transferred to a game I never signed up for, they didnt try to notify through email or anything, apparently the only place they announced it was on their own forum lol… not sure who thought that strategy up lol

2 Likes

I was fighting for my life at the time. In and out of hospitals, don’t judge my situation before you even know anything.

You’re implying that I neglected my characters for so long, and then all of a sudden regret it.

The truth of the matter is, everybody has the reasons why they didn’t clone. Some of them were on purpose. Some of them are out of their control.

The truth exists that Blizzard preaches that they want to preserve the spirit of classic, yet they do dumb things like this that upset a lot of people. And they have gate keepers like you and many others that Simp so hard for them, and truly believe in the depths of their being that Blizzard can do no wrong.

It’s actually pathetic. It’s either that or you and many others don’t have the ability to be empathetic of others.

Or yet another possibility that you’re striving so hard for Internet legitimacy so you can flex on a video game that you dismiss everybody else’s hardships, opinions, and excuses. Congratulations you probably cloned and are in Naxx gear, gatekeeping others. But it makes you feel super good to be able to flex.

For a majority of us, it is our fault, but for a select few the situation was out of our control, and Blizzard dropped the ball big time. Anyone that denies this is delusional or is trolling.

3 Likes

It took 2 minutes to clone and it was $5. The only reason I see is neglect, sorry to say.

I’m not even sure what that means. True classic didn’t have character cloning, so this is all irrelevant. This has nothing to do with the spirit of Classic.

2 Likes

Or you know, people can be going on about their lives. This is a game, majority of people don’t live it.

1 Like

Yeah, and thankfully it only took 2 minutes out of your life to clone your character, which you had two years to do.

Oh yeah I was going to install the game and clone it if it popped again. If it didn’t why waste the 2 minutes.

1 Like