Stop Saying "Yeah But You Wanted the Vanilla Experience"

“First and foremost, players have leveled up and spread out around the world. This allowed us to accommodate more players per layer, which means fewer layers required per realm. The last time a server in this region had more than three layers was the first week of September, and almost all realms reached two layers shortly after that.”

1 Like

So what exactly are you attempting to prove with this statement? You understand this literally proves nothing of what you are attempting to prove LOL.

For starters, only horde-dominated PvP servers are having issues. Secondly:

1. Don’t play during peak times.
  2. Organizing multiple faction raids on zones
  3. Play the AH instead.
  4. Grind gold in low level zones/dungeons while you’re waiting for PvP to calm down.
  5. Get help from your guild at least sometimes.
  6. If they won’t help you, get another guild.
  7. Make a new character and level it until you start getting ganked. Repeat the process until Blizzard listens to your whining, after which you’ll have several level 40+ characters.
  8. Turn the tables on them and construct a horde-ganking guild.

You see… this game was actually made for people who don’t think in one-dimension. Over the years, Blizzard changed it so that you don’t have to think at all in order to play the game.

… so maybe just don’t play classic. It wasn’t a game for you.

That makes them related, not the same thing.

Server stability is the problem Blizzard wants to ensure will be fine.

Layering, Server Queues, and Sharding (not in Classic, but retail) are all tools Blizzard has used to address this problem.

Layering has been used to ensure the population currently on the server can function and won’t overload the server. For example, on launch day it was used to ensure each starting zone didn’t have 1/4th to 1/8th of the server population (assuming even distribution of the starting races, as two pairs of races share zones). It was also used to ensure that people could functionally play, as even on launch day with layering, it was tricky to do the opening quests with everyone wanting to get every Kobold in the Human starting area.

Layering tackles server stability by attempting to have people who would be clumped in one area instead thrown into a different instance of that same area.

Server Queues are used to ensure there are never a certain amount of people that would cause the whole server to go down. This is defined by whatever the population cap is.

Having layering did not mean there were’t Server Queues (hey Faerlina). Having Server Queues never meant another layer couldn’t be spun up. Again, these things are related, but having queues does not mean everyone who used to be on a layer is now in a queue.

I have only played on Bloodsail Buccaneers since day one, and aside from a few times the first day or so, have never seen or heard of a queue. We were also not one of the first realms to have layering removed: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/layered-realms-update-oct-22/340582.

Are you sure this wasn’t the vanilla experience? Rosy glasses have a way of making memories different than what actually was.

Ok so what was your point for calling them two separate things then? Just feel like throwing out some random piece of information there? LOL.

Which in the past they used ques to fix this problem. So why not just use ques? Oh wait, because they didn’t want a massive amount of people being locked out, hence layering.

And after reading everything you said it’s VERY clear you didn’t read anything that I just explained to you whatsoever so there’s no sense in commenting to the rest of your nonsense.

What realm was this?

Nah, I played mal’ganis which was one of the most imbalanced servers at almost 80/20 at one point (thanks to Ion Hazzikostas and Elitist Jerks being on it) and while BRM was always under horde control, it wasn’t the entire zone being camped 24/7.

This is a density issue now. Looks like AT LEAST 2x the amount of players per server at this point when compared to vanilla (I think Kirtonos is at 2200 active alliance on the last poll I saw, probably 3300+ horde). Choke points have become choke zones at this point with every fighting over scraps. You could outmaneuver a 2v1 matchup in 2004/5 by being aware and playing smart, but now you’ll just run into their friends within 10 seconds–and a single slow means you’re swarmed to death.

I think BGs will solve this issue for the most part by pulling people out of the world. Quitting/rerolling is a dumb idea before we see how Dec10th plays out honestly. Currently the meta is just giving me an excuse to farm for my second epic mount + helping my GF with hers.

1 Like

What if BGs do not remedy this issue, though? What do you think will happen then? In my mind these gankers will keep at their ganking between queues providing only an alleviation rather than a stop to it.

It is the result of Horde wanting to PvP more than Alliance do. Hence why Horde outnumber Alliance on PvP servers. The solution is to get more people on the Alliance to actually want to PvP.

And, frankly, if you didn’t see this coming, then you weren’t paying attention. Alliance has been severely underrepresented in PVP for a decade, now. There’s a reason that Blizzard has to bribe them to turn on War Mode, and why they had to turn off the bonuses from Mercenary mode after too many horde jumped on that train in Retail.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but they have to q at the instance or battle masters. So it’s unlikely they will q, then have time to fly to EPL or BRM before it pops.

1 Like

Oh, is that the case? I was unaware. Thank you.

This is my thinking as well, if it’s such a struggle to get to raids or dungeons. I’m just going to farm as much honor as I can for PvP gear.

Just a reminder, but vanilla had players who started playing from all different times of the year. While classic everyone started playing since the day it was released. And honor wasnt released until everyone was 60 and bored out of their minds.

WHO WOULD OF GUESSED WHAT HAPPENED NEXT-

IMAGINE MY SHOCK

1 Like

Exactly. Anyone who didn’t see this coming was too hopped up on nostalgia to actually look at things, and didn’t bother listening to anyone out there noting that factions were getting imbalanced, just as they always get imbalanced on PvP servers. And then the glorious tears of people who thought they knew what world PvP meant, but got introduced to a whole new realm of savagery. They thought they were hardcore, but they weren’t.

It was like a few years back when University of Hawaii was trying to say that they deserved an NCAA football title shot because they were undefeated… in the WAC. They rolled into the bowl game against University of Georgia, and promptly got educated on what the SEC was all about.

“You think you do, but you don’t.”

If it keeps happening I expect most alliance to slowly die out. As much as I want to play the game, it really isn’t fun to be constantly ganked with no hope of fighting back, so I either farm in remote areas or raid log. I’ve done all these raids before though, so if that’s all I’ve got left after December 10th I don’t see myself sticking around too much longer.

I also don’t expect horde to stick around too long if they’re stuck standing on a hill in searing gorge for 2 hours a night sitting in a queue waiting for 10 HKs.

Sad thing is that were kinda stuck. If they open PvE transfers they know it’s gonna be bad. There’s also no way to fix pop balance that doesn’t significantly change the game. Honestly interested to see what blizzard comes up with (if anything at all) if BG’s fail to help.

Let me guess, you play horde? We should have all played horde when we saw it coming right? 100% horde faction ratio really makes for a fun game.

I’m sure you’re super hardcore though.

Um… what do real life politics have to do with ganking at BRM? Unless your insinuating that a political party is responsible for corpse runs?

1 Like

Victim-blaming at its finest. People opted into something that turned into something else, which they obviously could not predict. Some were able to foresee this happening, but I can’t blame the majority of players for not. I namely sympathize with the minority populations whom are really feeling the heat right now.

People are stopping playing. This is a serious issue.

I play Horde, sure. On Mankrik. A Normal server. Because, yes, I did see this coming. If you didn’t, then you weren’t paying attention.

Bull. It was easy to predict what would happen, if you bothered to pay attention to the way things were at all post-vanilla. Hell, people on the forums, youtube, and reddit have been warning that things were bad and getting worse for MONTHS before P2 went live. Anyone who didn’t see it coming was willfully ignorant of the situation.

Now, do I blame them for getting snookered by nostalgia and the hardcore crowd who sold people on the myth of glorious battles between TM and SS, and who said that anyone not on a PvP server was a carebear who wasn’t playing the real game? No. I don’t blame them for their mistake.

I do, however, expect them to take responsibility for their mistake, instead of whining to Blizzard to fix something caused by players, that they should have seen coming. I do, also, blame them for staying in the situation even when things were becoming more and more apparent.

If transfers were offered and they didn’t take them, then that is their fault.
If they could reroll on another server and they didn’t, then that is their fault.
If they ignored the people telling them for months that it was going to be bad, then that is their fault.
If they refuse to do anything to take responsibility for their situation and fix it, then that is their fault.

“I don’t blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask that they pay for them.”
–John Hammond

1 Like