Stop Saying "Yeah But You Wanted the Vanilla Experience"

The vanilla experience I wanted was a system that was not fair, or balanced and provided no guarantee of success at anything… you know… sort of trending towards AD&D-ish stuff and less like Bejeweled.

Even if the population was different, there were still times when mass-gankings happened.

You, sir, need BFA. I hear they won’t let you accidentally roll a character on a PvP server so you can get your feelers hurt.

I totally agree with OP. I tried offering many solutions to help fix this issue , but I doubt anyone cares . People like being bad players and following endless zergs telling the opposing faction to get good.

I mean I won’t argue with any of that, but I just don’t understand people complaining about blizzard ‘intentionally changing 1.12 so people can’t greif’ when this was literally a feature during 1.12.

1 Like

We already know that from all of the other threads you’re “silently” screaming in.

The issue is, people can now grief so much it makes the game unplayable for anyone trying to level.

Let me just google that for you.

1 Like

Well blizzard before classic released claimed that a single layer would have the population of a original vanilla wow server. So considering most realms had 2-3 layers before phase 2 idicated that there are 2-3 times the players on a server compared to what was in vanilla

Oh? Glad you lived my life and know what I did and the decisions that led to that point. It’s good to be able to consult with such a prominent subject matter expert.

True

False.
More like, every day, between the hours of 4/5pm and 10/11pm. I was in high school at the time. I got good grades, and kept up with my school work. My guild simply locked down the BGs since we couldn’t outzerg the Alliance. Running premades nonstop from the moment I got home from school to my bedtime at around 11pm. We had an honor cap system instituted precisely so people didn’t have kill themselves to get their ranks. Everyone know where they stood each week, and how many weeks they had to go for their R14.

I never said I did it alone.

Correct it’s not. Because you’re misunderstanding two key things:

1. 40 minutes spent corpse running is not fun. 8 hours spent spamming battle grounds is. Time spent here is irrelevant. For example, I’d rather spend 24 hours in Classic, then 24 minutes in Retail.
  2. If you read my post, it wasn’t solely about corpse running. Yes, we were so outnumbered that if we ever ventured out in the world we would be swarmed almost immediately. But the key thing that drove most of us to start our Rank grinds was the simple fact that there weren’t enough Horde players to raid with in the first place. At the time we started ranking, our guild barely had 20 members (these numbers swelled quickly as word got out that to get rank on our server you had to be in our guild).

– unless you do literally anything differently from what you’re trying.

Play BFA.
Play a PvE server.
Play a different faction.
Grind somewhere with no other people.
Do dungeons.
Wait for BGs, or for the server population to stabilize.
Quit.

The solutions are endless. What doesn’t fix it is trying repeatedly to get ganked via questing, then complaining on the forums.

i dont know what best patch of vanilla was. but it for sure was not 1.12 and think a lot “casuals” like my self didnt understand. imo the patches after the last class rework would have best. also 1.5 AV for sure. honestly they should have made a new patch just for classic. with the best parts of the first 2 years. with harder pve and parts pvp being more balanced. personally i wish we have wsg on launch with no honor. imagine pvp with no grinding and no BIS. like people have hand pf rag already. when they launch bgs there is going to be whole knew slew of problems because the gear imbalance is real.

We are talking about something completely different. People thought blizzard changed how infernal works so they couldn’t grief when this isn’t the case

Wow thank you so much for proving that server during release when layering was still out had more people on the server. Thanks so much for providing this widely known fact that I wasn’t talking about at all.

I was referring to NOW, you know…AFTER layering was removed.

Southpark was so ahead of its time…

Clearly the solution is to grind boars since “grind elsewhere” isnt a real solution for many servers

1 Like

Yep I was here for vanilla too and wpvp was the main thing I was excited for and wanted to do and I wpvped all of phase 1 and had a blast, now I can’t wait for BGs to come out.

This sucks and it’s even more infuriating with all the priests camping FP with mind control exploiting.

I’m not on a PvP server, but I am under the assumption that 1) that wasn’t the only item in the list and 2) there are places if you actually look instead of spending all of your time complaining on forums.

How did your logic lead you to this? LOL

Blizzard claimed each layer was about one servers worth of players… but now we are down to one layer so that means we have 2-3 times as many players. You know ques came out after layering was removed right? You think maybe, just maybe the players in the extra layers went into those ques?

Getting killed 13 times from LHC to Stra UD is PVP happening on a PVP server. If you are going to be a baby go play on a PVE server.

Very obvious

1. Changing factions is crap and ruins it for both sides. Horde players want to PvP too, and if everyone is horde it the game will die

2. Many would rather quit than reroll on another server. That 1-60 grind isnt really that fun tbh.

3. Many have no interest in BfA. So again theyll quit. Idk why youre so adamant that the solution is the overall health of the game take a hit as a proposed solution

4. There is nowhere for these servers to go so they dont have to “actually look”. Every FP, every dungeon entrance camped. The Horde are starved for PvP and the alliance have no reason to engage in such an imbalance. Its a really bad scenario for both sides

Things will sort themselves out eventually. Probably for the worse. As alliance players get frustrated theyll leave, then Horde players will find long queues and empty worlds so many of them will leave if PvP was their motivation to play.

This literally is the only truthful statement you’ve made in the thread.

BuT BgS rUiNeD pVp LiTeRaLlY UnPlAyAbLe

lol but seriously some people actually think this type of world pvp in engaging.

1 Like

Again, you’re missing the fact that there are tons of other options. Don’t like one? Pick another.

How about not playing during peak times, or organizing multiple faction raids on zones? If it’s really the problem you’re stating, such an activity should not only be fun and provide needed honor, but a necessary investment in the stability of your server, correct?

Believe it or not, some people on your server actually went there FOR the PvP.

– and? You can’t just take a completely factual statement and discount it because of details completely unrelated to the subject. That’s called a red herring argument.