Stop removing portals

No, it does not make the world feel bigger. I can click M at any time to see how big the world is. I’ve spent untold hours on flight paths.

What annoys me is having to Google for help every time I need to travel somewhere I haven’t been in a long time. I feel that players shouldn’t need to turn to Wowhead for help executing a basic game mechanic. I see that this is particularly frustrating for new players, which concerns me.

4 Likes

Either they lied, it is a bug, or they pruned it but did not communicate that to the CM team.

All three possibilities is bad, bad mojo.

3 Likes

Their current development philosophy seems to prioritize these silly, unnecessary changes over actual bug fixes.

5 Likes

I do like the flight paths at times (though usually it’s when I want to run off and do something else but not log out).

I have no problems keeping things like flight paths and boats/zeps. I totally like the idea of centralized portal hubs in SW/Org. What I don’t like, and am not on board with, is the removal of portals simply to make travel slower. That doesn’t make the world seem bigger, it just makes me find other things to do with my time.

15 Likes

Could be more than one of the above. They lied and didn’t communicate. It’s a bug and they didn’t communicate. Considering that they promised to communicate with us some year plus ago and the communication we got was as useful as a two by four to the head, its hard not to be cynical.

8 Likes

I have had the Alliance one not offer the option as well. Perhaps the maintenance on Monday will address this problem as well as the problem of portals not showing for quests. I know better than to hope Blizz will reconsider and put at least some of the missing portals back in game permanently. They’re proud of their time-played metrics.

1 Like

Just like the real world. Make me spend more time on a task, and unless its something I have to do for financial reasons, I’m less likely to do it.

2 Likes

Well, their precious metrics may end up taking a hit with this change. Fewer people will do it, or they’ll do it and hate it. And of course they’ve lost some customers off this change, which is a permanent loss of time played for their weekly or monthly totals.

Because while they try and say they don’t track time played, its foolish not to. What’s the easiest way to know players are going to stick around? Not their subs, look at how many hours they log. Players who log a lot of hours are more likely to sub for next month. That’s common sense.

3 Likes

How come I don’t feel this way? I just want to get to the content and start farming, adding travel time didn’t make me feel rewarded, it made me feel bored.

I have traveled these areas before the portals existed, I think after all these years of doing the same traveling millions of times I have earned the right to speed it up and skip it.

If I want to travel instead I could do that too, why can’t we have options?

16 Likes

there are heaps of people who stay subbed and never log in.
(only a tiny handful of people would have been eligible for the 10 year statue if this wasn’t the case)

there are players who log a lot of hours because they know they’re not going to be able to sub the next month due to prior commitments.

there are plenty of statistics which are more important to investors than “time played”.

1 Like

Well,Nobully the threads dead ,you can stop posting we’re leaving Adue.

Good response.

You are right that player options need to increase. Portals do that.

8 Likes

I think you are one of a very small minority who likes wasting time flying. Try reminiscing when you have 10+ alts like I do that you use to farm stuff weekly. see how much you like having to spend 20% more time traveling (or simply stop working on alts) on something that was more efficient. I’ve spent 12+ years flying over three worlds, tell me what can entice me to spend time flying over an area I seen for over a decade that this lack of portals apparently makes it so appealing now.

11 Likes

I hope it happens soon as well because right now it is discouraging for those leveling alts or new players.

1 Like

seems pretty much the same to me , the portals have just moved around - classic blizz recycling of content that did not need changing in the first place to make it look like something new has been done.

2 Likes

To an extent yes but they did remove portals as well. Basically it is a cosmetic change with several downgrades in terms of practicality.

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s so much throwing people off, I think it’s aggrivating people more than anticipated

9 Likes

How come Shat and Dal have portals right to them but the Sevens shrine doesn’t? instead you get sent to the starting area and have to fly to the shrine…

I liked the horde portal room better then the alliance one though its location is in a dumb spot.

4 Likes

The Alliance portal room is pretty, but less convenient than the Horde’s.

The Horde portal room is just begging an Alliance raid to come lock it down, since it’s right inside the front gate.

Both are nice, with slight flaws, but neither was worth losing so many other portals (and portal hubs).

6 Likes

Because it takes more time and Blizzard insists that means players are happy since they are forced to spend more time to do the things they like.
Does Blizzard really think stockholders are that stupid?
Flips hair

3 Likes