Stop removing portals

That’s what they keep telling themselves. Players keep repeating it. But exactly how much more time are people who have quit the game playing because of this new “improvement” that Bornak is trying to convince us we asked for?

3 Likes

Your entire team really needs to rethink what makes this game fun and what players want. Sometimes I wonder why we even give you feedback as you have proven time and time again to do the exact opposite.

25 Likes

Yeah, sure, give that to everyone, other games do it just fine.

This is a complete non-issue in other games in the genre.

2 Likes

Good. Pay your local mage for a portal.

If . there. is. one. online.

1 Like

Got bored, playing Devil’s Advocate!

If you talk to Zidormi or whatever the name is and convert Blasted Lands to the past version, the Dark Portal goes to Hellfire Peninsula.

Cataclysm portal to Uldum.

1 Like

For CoT: tier gear runs since T6 looks great. However, Hyjal last time I checked bugs half the time in which waves during thrall section wont spawn or get stuck somewhere, making this portal change a billion times worse when you have to hearth out to fix it.

Then there are the mount runs for Dragon Soul.

Overall, Id say the portal change would add about 10 minutes per character, assuming Hyjal doesnt bug out. If Hyjal does bug out, its 10 min x however many times it takes to hearth out and get back to fix the bug.

Getting to Ulduar, which would now require taking the ships for those without the gear teleport, would take about 10-15 min longer because you have to wait for the boat, then fly from one of the Northrend entry zones to Ulduar instead of porting to Dragonshrine then flying to Ulduar.

Alliance wont have a problem with karazhan, but Id say for horde a good 15 minutes.

Jade Forest vs shrine is probably a 5 minute difference and, imo, isnt quite as big a deal.

2 Likes

If . there. is. one. online.

And on your server.

1 Like

Im sick to death of these devs removing things and fixing things that arent broken. WIth all the stuff wrong with BFA you guys waste time on portals??? Come on! This is ridiculous to say the least.

10 Likes

what?

why would a mage need to be on your home server in order to port you?

Even then, people don’t respond. Or they are busy.

You couldn’t be more condescending and disconnected if you tried. We lost Ythisens to be talked to like a bunch of children by someone who refuses to actually discuss or engage, only responding with patronizing, purposefully ignorant questions that do nothing to even answer our concerns.

27 Likes

I love this so much.

1 Like

Increase time = increase numbers in metrics, giving shareholders a false reading of the status to the company.

8 Likes

I agree, but how convenient should things be for everybody?

Im sorry, what?

As convenient as needs be, Bornakk.

Should everybody just have the teleport abilities that mages have?

HUH???

Is this the justification? Why is this a problem now, Bornakk? Why wasnt it a problem for the years before??

7 Likes

why would a mage need to be on your home server in order to port you?

In order to pay them. You can’t trade cross-server, so the notion of tipping a mage is completely defunct nowadays.

4 Likes

The more time you have to invest to get somewhere the more likely you are to spend more time there trying than just leave.

Adding summoning stones meant players got lazy. Adding the LFD system has lead to players just dropping group rather than really trying hard to make the group work…

Adding portals in general to reduce the time investment by a player to get anywhere in general reduces the value of the destination. That pet, mog, mountyou have took less effort to get so isn’t as rare.

I still think that ANY portal should require a mage to somehow create. Even if a portal in the portal room persists for a period of time and is usable by anyone.

Again, your entire team is focusing on the wrong thing. You want to remove convenience instead of add fun. Seriously just stop taking things away and make the game fun.

9 Likes

I have been saying this all along: The reason they have not been communicating their plans with us is not because they’re bad at communication. It’s because of things like this, and level scaling, and pathfinder. They have plans for the game that will turn it into some pristinified mockup of what it should have been if nobody’d ever gotten any QoL improvements. They are going to be implementing these changes regardless of what players want and regardless of how many people quit over them. They have to keep it quiet so those people don’t quit a month or two early.

4 Likes

Actually, I liked mobility. I very much enjoyed traveling around and seeing the world.
Stopping and smelling the roses is nice - I do it on all of my alts. But once I’m at level 120? I have places to be, and I want to actually get to those places. So the removal of portals, especially when I’ve gotten attached to some of these places (Vale of Eternal Blossoms as a hub)… it feels really bad.

1 Like

I would say portals make the world feel bigger. The zone so big I rather take a portal then get stuck on a pebble on my mount.

5 Likes