Stop removing portals

Pretty much everything about BfA is turd-like, that’s probably the meat of most people’s complaints here.

The world of Warcraft is already big. We need more reasons to venture out in it. With every expansion the world seems smaller in my opinion. As everything is about the newest ten levels. All the lower levels get is a stat squish, making it less engaging to level up new toons.

BfA at first thought sounds like an expansion made to involve all of azeroth. I have seen zero reasons to battle for azeroth anywhere.

3 Likes

to be fair i could have explained it better but i was in the middle of an island expo (i am now too) so i tried to keep it brief in the first post. but i thought i got my point across well enough.

That’s obtuse…even for you.

It leads to content.

Your true colours are really showing, arguing for the sake of argument.

9 Likes

My current concerns are:

1. Will there be portals accessible in Legion-Dalaran for the sake and duration of artifacts quests? As most of those portals existed for that purpose, and with leveling being an arduous enough task as is, will a relevant portal spawn for the duration of a specific quest?

2. Will Dark Portal functionality be restored to pre-Warlords Blasted Lands? It already kind of ruined the quest flow to make the path to Outland be in Stormwind, having to go through Shattrath would be extremely disruptive.

3. Will portals still exist in Shattrath, Wrath-Dalaran, Shrine, Ashran and Legion-Dalaran that at least return you to Stormwind/Orgrimmar?

4. Will the Cata portals still exist?

If the answer to those four questions is ‘yes’, then I’m mostly good. If it’s ‘no’, then you’ll have a problem.

I also would rather portals from Stormwind to old content go through their relevant capitals, rather than where they might currently lead (which is to say Jade Forest rather than Shrine). Perhaps make the Pandaria portal lead to Jade Forest until you do the quest that unlocks the Shrine?

I do also agree that the excuse of “to make the world feel a bit bigger and more alive” is nonsense. As I discussed in my previous post, the former point is a negligible one and I’d say irrelevant to this conversation. The latter is blatantly false. Funneling everyone into one place doesn’t make the world more alive, by definition it moves people out of the world and all into one spot. This was the problem in this regard that Cataclysm and Warlords faced; in both expansions, you put effort into funneling people into one spot (for Cataclysm it was ‘we don’t want people going through old content’ as the reason, Warlords I think it was just due to scope reduction), and both expansions faced problems of people spending all their time in that one spot, rather than out adventuring.

I think this thread has made player position on the issue quite clear, many times over in fact.

1 Like

yep

you’ve always been able to walk through the Dark Portal.

yep

yep

As a player who returned near the end of Legion, having left the game about 13 years ago, catching up on what collectibles I can, doing mount and transmog runs, etc… all that has made the world feel plenty big enough without the removal of portals.

With this change I’m re-rolling to a Dark Iron Dwarf Mage so I can get to all the places I might need to be with less travel time. I get quite enough sight seeing opportunities while mining and herbing on my druid.

This bums me out and is just one more thing added to my “reasons why I need to break up with WoW” list. I get frustrated and annoyed with recent things and think about quitting, and I never do - but this removal of portals will definitely help by limiting what I can accomplish with the time I have to do it.

When I started playing back when BC came out, I was 12 years younger. I had more time to play and level. Now, 12 years later? I just don’t have that kind of time to log in and wait for 15 minutes until I’m where I want to be to quest. Do they not realize that a major part of their player base has aged and now has limited play time?

It really is like “breaking up” with WoW. It’s been a 12+ year relationship, we’ve spent a lot of time together, had our ups and downs, and it’s hard to walk away after all that emotional investment, but ridiculous thoughtless changes like this make it easier to let go. I don’t want to, but if I’m wasting my time and being frustrated, then leaving might be the best thing for me.

9 Likes

They cant stop removing portals. Just like they tried to remove flight. This will backfire the same way. they never learn from their mistakes

You’re full of it this is just another time sink to waste player time from enjoying their time in game. Instead you want to spend ridiculous amounts of time just to access old content

2 Likes

What? Your the one saying we should be using an old alchemy potion as a port.

6 Likes

Maybe he lives in a fantasy world where you can have as many primary professions as you want and aren’t restricted by just two. I wonder what other stuff happens in his fantasy world that lead him to say the things he says with seemingly no basis on reality, or the state of the game.

1 Like

I don’t understand why Blizzard spend their manpower on this change, instead of creating new stuff / modifying the issue of BFA. Ask art team go creating a new room on this? What a waste. This does not bring Blizzard more benefit on sales.

1 Like

This is sadly very true for me, too. Every patch, every expansion, I start wondering what they’re going to take away now.

Though, I must confess in all honesty, they can keep my ammo.

9 Likes

I’ve felt this way since they announced the removal of the legendary cloak quest chain from MoP. Not the cloak itself…but the quest chain, which was a major storyline from that expansion.

11 Likes

You just made me remember another thing! Epic flight form quest! I loved that quest chain, I was so excited to do it! Now, I can never do it again - and neither can anyone else! It required so much interesting druid use and understanding of all our spells and lore. :frowning:

2 Likes

Blizzard you created a imbalance. Balance must be restored someway. It is all about balance. You take something away something else must be added or the scale tips in the other way and the more you take away the more the scale tips the opposite direction.

and thats all it is.
This ‘bigger’ world nonsense is just a deflection and they know it.
This was never about making our world feel bigger, which is big enough as it is.
If anything we needed more portals, not fewer.
And we certainly dont need them wasting their time and ours insulting our intelligence by claiming this was ever about making the player experience better.
It wasnt. And it doesnt.

1 Like

someone else said it well. The more modern devs are trying to remove the work of the previous devs/writers who were blatantly more talented.
Im surprised they dont ‘accidently’ remove MoP content entirely. It overshadows every expansion aftward. They’ll never do that well again.

6 Likes

that combat bug has needed fixed forever. They refuse to spend a second fixing that, but rather waste time on fixing what aint broken.

3 Likes