Stop removing portals

Preach!

Here here! I endorse this post because I’m out of likes…again.

(Isn’t this kind of post such a great result of throttling our forum liked posts to what…50 per 24 hours, Blizz?)

2 Likes

This is a very bad change.

1. People who want a “big world” already have the option of not using the portals. That’s a garbage reason. What, they can’t resist the temptation so everyone else has to suffer? Get out of here with that mess.
  2. Cleans up what exactly? Show me a list of people lost in confusion at the current portal choices and I’ll show you a list of people who shouldn’t be allowed on a computer.
9 Likes

A single pebble dropped on your head is insignificant, but if someone poured a bucket of them over your head, it would hurt.

People love to defend Blizzard’s changes by saying they’re not significant enough to care, but the cumulative effect of these insignificant changes is a steady decrease in player satisfaction.

10 Likes

This character is currently a Tauren, but I flip back and forth between Horde/Alliance and first made her as a Night Elf (my favorite race).

So, speaking as both sides of the druid coin (red + blue = purple!)…

-You took my moonwell/park in Stormwind.
-You took my nostalgic WoW lands and converted them in Cata.
-You took Staghelm (ironically the only Nelf leader I liked) and turned him into an obsessive stupid villain when he had been a very interesting nuanced jerk still trying to do right by his people.
-You took my treant form (but realized that was stupid and gave it back).
-You took my travel form utility (and somewhat, brokenly, gave it back).
-You took my druidic dreaming dragon Aspect whom I love so much I have crochet plushies of her in real life.
-You took my capital city.
-You made Tyrande and Malfurion chaotic stupid/useless.
-You killed off my Tauren Chieftain, Cairne.
-You took Thrall from the Horde and turned him into an orc messiah.
-You keep giving Horde nothing but villains for warchief and ignore the good characters you have as racial leaders.
-You took a lot of the hybridization away from druids as a class fantasy so they could be better at their specs (I LIKED being able to do a little of everything in a group).
-You took away Saberon form and never gave that back.
-You took away the ability for NEW druids to get the mage tower forms.
-You took away the ability to transmog my artifact weapons separately from the skin (my night elf druid is all blue, so it was nice to be all blue with the weapon of my choice and the ghost cat skin of my choice…now if I want that I have to use the ugly fangs in PURPLE or RED - I forget which, but notice it’s NOT BLUE even though there are BLUE FANGS). In Legion that was not an issue, I could use my frostscythe or daggers I preferred over fangs (my nelf was a sleek character with the blue version of the rogue assassin set I farmed in BC and have worn ever since) AND the cat skin of my choice.
-You took away my ability to buy mounts from reaching exalted from the vendor and locked them behind RNG. You know why I still go to Legion?! BECAUSE I STILL DON’T HAVE MOST OF THE KITTENING MOUNTS FROM PARAGON CHESTS OR ARGUS RARES. You were smart enough to give that back in BfA, but it doesn’t change the fact I have farmed multiple times over reaching exalted and am STILL missing mounts. And I HAVE 100 exalted reps, I’m SICK OF FARMING REPS I ALREADY MAXED OUT. And you still put other things in loot chests for BfA so I guess I can look forward to farming those, too, when I /finally catch up on Legion lootboxes/.
-Now you’re taking my portals I use to farm or just use to access older content and areas I love.

It’s just frustrating to me that it feels like everything I love in WoW you take and take and take! You know what I do every patch now? I don’t get excited about what I think I’m going to get. I get worried about what you’re going to take that I already have and love and appreciate!

From locations to lore to items to utility to spells to quality of life! Every day I wonder what else you’re going to take! This isn’t JUST about portals to me, it’s just the next item on the long list of things I’ve ALREADY LOST.

18 Likes

Just another artificially inflate time sink. It really feels like blizz is purposefully killing this game. The continue to remove quality of life things from the game under the guise of immersion, but no one is buying it anymore. They just want you to waste more time traveling than playing.

1 Like

Only after major backlash from the players. It was originally no more flying, ever. They got about 100X more negative feedback on that decision than this one, and thus Pathfinder was created.
Although based on a pattern of behavior, I wonder if Pathfinder was always the plan and they baited us into a compromise by proposing something completely absurd to start(removal of flight).

2 Likes

Unless the mage/npc teleport to caverns of time was turned into a mage portal when i wasn’t looking, you’re clearly not even reading what’s inciting these concerns.

4 Likes

The world is still big even with portals. This isn’t a situation where we have a portal per questing hub, or even a portal per zone. That might make the world feel small. Instead, we have two, three, maybe four portals on fairly large land masses, with large stretches of world in between.

4 Likes

Here Here! I endorse this post. (Still out of likes here.)

3 Likes

professions no longer work the way you seem to think they do.

because we were already told that this wasn’t an intended change, and is meant to be getting fixed.

portals are… “content”?
that’s an interesting opinion on what “content” is.

…and? people are still responding to the blue post from 3 days ago. (?how dare they?) :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
if you can’t find the post i’m responding to, use the little navigation arrows within the current post.
(it’s just like a portal… but it goes to a post!) :sunglasses:

…meanwhile, people continue to parrot the “20 minutes to get somewhere” meme.

What is there to not understand? The person said that we are talking about “portals” instead of real issues like the bad bfa content. I said that it should be clear that since this is the most viewed topic on the forums of all time and its relatively new shows that a large amount of players would rather see these portals stay, and i’ll go as far as to state that most players would prefer to see portals in dal or boralus or sw or wherever that go to timeless isle, isle of thunder, isle of giants, and the molten front, over a 2 boss raid tier with no mount.

4 Likes

I’m starting to be convinced that these people are just posting things in an attempt to make the cut onto taliesen and evitels weekly reset.

At this point the forums feed into the #@$% show meme.

And I love it.

I just think it’s another example of Blizzard being jerks, pure and simple.

There are so many things in this game I would RATHER have than raid tier (or raiding at all).

All you’re pointing out is that The idea that current progression raids are more important to more than the top 10% performing raid guilds than other “insignificant” features of the game is one of the reasons the company is losing the faith of its playerbase-- and I’m totally out of likes so-- here here! I endorse this post!

Seriously doubt this is a trap. That’s not how these sorts of decisions are made. It’s myopic (the decisions to remove portals, not your thoughts) and seems to reinforce the belief that they don’t listen to player feedback, but not a trap. That would be far too clever and other stuff I’m lacking the ambition to finish typing out (and other folks have already said it above).

1 Like

And I’m convinced you’re just trolling a popular topic or you’re paid by the company to gaslight us all into believing our concerns are unimportant.

(Yes it’s admittedly 90% the former but i will put on the tinfoil hat for the possibility of things like say hidden posts from people who are actually salty blues)

2 Likes

your post, at least to me, seemed to be implying that we would “lose” a raid tier somehow if blizz were to spend the time and effort to not remove the portals

if i misinterpreted then I aplogize

I for one would really like a portal to the Isle of Giants to kill Oondasta, and a portal to the Isle of Thunder to kill Nalak, and the Timeless Isle to collect coins for more mount chances.

I have “looted” those 2 world bosses around 6000 times without success. I’m okay with things the way that they are, and the removal of portals will add significant travel time to me, without benefiting me in any way.

This change does not add 20 minutes of extra time played for me. It will be far far more than that!

1 Like

Ah,one we don’t have portals to everywhere check your spell book.

1 Like

You know a “hearthstone or whistle” to a list of any summoning stone we’ve ever used (or cleared the associated raid/dungeon if they want More effort for the reward) with a 15/20 min cd would pretty much appease me here.

1 Like