Stop making Anduin the main character

Well, they’ve already managed to wreck his storyline completely and now they’re in damage-control mode. I agree with you: they’ve emphasized Anduin too much and used him as a contrasting character to Sylvanas which has produced some of the worst writing imaginable. But I think the problem here really isn’t Anduin as much as it’s Sylvanas. The fact that Anduin was (at one point) the polar opposite to Sylvanas in every way explains why they’ve overused him as a character and it makes zero sense.

I grok the whole “We want to look progressive, too!” ideology at Blizzard (which proved to be the typical corporate woke-screen), but in attempting to redeem Sylvanas in some way they’ve screwed up the storyline completely. They shifted the whole effort from the conflict between Malfurion Stormrage & Sylvanas to everyone else & Sylvanas. I hate seeing him corrupted and no longer feel about him the same way. I’m not playing SL and am glad I’m not given the horrible way they’ve treated not just Anduin and Sylvanas but Tyrande, Genn, Malfurion, Baine, etc.

Bad writing all around. They’ve boxed Anduin into an unenviable corner and can’t get the spotlight off of him. Honestly, at this point, I hope he and Sylvanas both just die. It’s painful to watch.

12 Likes