Stop Growth Potion Abuse

I don’t know what it is about half of the people on this server, but it seems somewhere between Cataclysm and now, Gilneans have suffered from an extreme growth spurt! In all honesty, it’s obnoxious, idk what it is about people but everyone wants their character to be freakishly taller than everyone else… I’m sorry if you somehow feel fulfillment in playing a really tall character in a video game, but it really ruins the specialness of an actually freakishly tall person, when everyone is chugging growth potions like Kil’Jaeden is gonna smite all the shorts. If you want to use growth potions, RP the side effects that come with the usage of such a thing, that way, you can be a freakishly tall fat man, and also have adequate consequences for being freakishly tall. But it seems everyone is in a perpetual wee-wee measuring contest, which is ironic because the potion is supposed to reduce your loins size. Stop trying to be a badass, being tall does not make you cool, having an interesting character makes you badass. But it seems there is no end to the growth potion plague, I say we start Culling of Stormwind and stop all the peasants before they turn into the loindead.

Seriously though, stop, be a character, not a gimmick. Gilneans are not normally huge humanoids. This wouldn’t be as big an issue if it wasn’t so prolific, I think every single Worgen I’ve seen uses growth potions, it kind of ruins the fantasy of a wolf people, when they all just look like shrek and the big bad wolf person had kids.

The plague of loindeath must be stopped, we must slay the thicc king. If you feel personally attacked by this, good, maybe it will make you think… Can I be cool, without being taller than the ceiling?

11 Likes

Or just let them do what they want since it’s their RP and not yours.

36 Likes

My alchemist’s bank account does not want this to stop. Sorry, brahski. If I can’t keep your average male draenei/worgen/vry’kul-obsessed roleplayer pumped up with HGH, I will go to prison.

17 Likes

shrugs

I don’ use that kinda stuff, ‘cuz I c’n be a c’mplete pain in th’ tail w’thout.

Freaky tall? Nah. But if’n I wuz freaky snarky? Now that there’d be a potion I’d be a-chuggin’ by th’ gallon.

snickers

3 Likes

Can you not just ignore it instead of trying to dictate how others roleplay?

When has that ever been said?

It wouldn’t be an issue if you learned to live with it either. Personally, I don’t see why there needs to be any ‘specialness’ around tall people anyway? Draenei, Orcs, and Trolls are already rather giant. Ogres are pretty big. Dragons are big. Size is whatever in Warcraft.

8 Likes

Next time you watch a bad movie, I want you to go to any critic’s review, and tell them to just ignore the problems with the movie.

2 Likes

A movie is typically made for other people to watch. People roleplay for their own enjoyment, not yours.

27 Likes

I think tall people are cool.

Why do you have to dictate my social norms?

4 Likes

Who cares? If you don’t like somebody’s way of RPing, then don’t RP with them. Ignore lists exist for a reason.

6 Likes

Pretty much this.
Chug chug chug you good doggos.

1 Like

In some ways I agree in that people seem to play large or brutish characters to pamper their ego. It might make them feel tough, strong, or superior.

But if this bothers you, there is a simple solution: simply RP with the smallest individuals you can find. Because you know what, playing a short person that is constantly the butt of everyone’s jokes takes a lot of confidence. You have to have a lot of security in yourself. For a tall person, the converse is probably true ( though it would never be admitted).

Therefore, in agreement with many others in this thread, it shouldn’t bother you because you can choose who you RP with. Here on Moon Guard, we do not try to dictate how others RP, nor do we expect others to change for our preferences.

If you don’t like what you see, then keep networking, and find some other people that are more in line with what you find plausible. Organise an RP event that is in a location away from the main city and filter it out. Create your ideals.

Telling people not to use growth potions is not much different to telling them not to ERP. If you don’t like it, don’t participate. Nobody is going to apologise or change just because you don’t like their style of RP.

17 Likes

You can’t stop us from sippin’ that big bish drank.

2 Likes

Worgen are suppose to be eight feet tall base line, yet are shorter than Draenei when they’re near seven feet, at least for them dudes. I need muh immersions

7 Likes

I use darkmoon firewaters on my alt cause muh burr is BIG and BIGGER than a worgen in general #WEREBEARS

it’s also more cost efficient for a slight size increase vs becoming twice as large and taking up the entire room/clipping through doorways/people and ruining my own immersun

2 Likes

This thread has been utterly predictable from post 1. Ignore function and Flywheel’s advice are your friends.

5 Likes

Why would anyone want to be that tall. Do you know how often I get stuck in doorways? UC was a NIGHTMARE. And don’t even get me started on finding armor that fits, not hitting my head on ceilings and not making mounts flee in terror.

5 Likes

Sometimes it happens by accident. My character was written as the villain of a storyline, and I rolled for most of her personality and physical traits. Since dice hate me she ended up far taller than originally planned. I thought it would fit well if she was a freakishly tall villain so I kept it. She was going to die at the end anyway. May as well be memorable right?

When the story came to the conclusion those dastardly dice came after me again. Instead of killing said villain, the altruistic Paladins decided that they would offer her redemption… Once again them dice did me a bamboozle and they succeeded.

A few months worth of dice rolls later and a fair amount of plot she is now running the guild… And that’s the story of how my main ended up stupid tall.

4 Likes

record scratch “Yep. That’s me. You’re probably wondering how I got myself into this situation.”

5 Likes

I agree with you. But their RP is their RP, and yours is yours. Theres absolutely no reason you have to let them dictate yours. I just go with they drank a growth potion since it’s gotten so out of hand. And I treat it as such. I’ll tease them about it. Ask em how much they paid for it. Etc. They’ll insist it’s not a growth potion but natural, blah blah. Which is fine because that’s how it’d go.

Then they usually break character and go OMG ITS NOT A POTION MY CHAR IS IC THIS BIG. Then it’s ruined.

1 Like

I started using Gpots rather ironically, but grew to enjoy the slowed down animations and attached to it. It gets me both positive and negative attention, but it’s definitely a part of my character now. Crazy how upset some people can get over this kind of stuff, this guy is supposed to be big!

2 Likes