Stop flagging stuff you don't agree with

Every time I see a post mildly controversial it is always flagged. Come on! They never break any guidelines!
For example the post about not letting low hp players in bgs…

33 Likes

If I was to guess, I’d say it’s a direct result of the removal of the ability to downvote posts.

33 Likes

Having things to be pissed off about is a favorite pass time in this forum for some. Me personally I’m more of “grab the popcorn for this will be good” kind of a person.

4 Likes

Im going to guess that OPs post is going to get flagged soon

16 Likes

Unfortunately ever since they took downvotes out there’s no other way for people to quickly tell Blizzard how incredibly stupid they think an idea is. So they report it.

It could also be possible they reported that guy for trolling, since he probably is.

12 Likes

Agreed. There are much more cathartic ways to show disagreement.

Downvoting existed as a means to report toxic posts and not to indicate disagreement.

We originally added this feature as a means for players to assist with forum moderation by upvoting helpful posts and downvoting inappropriate or toxic posts. In practice, however, we found that it was primarily being used for things like downvoting a post simply because they disagreed with it, which was not the intent, and too often led to different opinions getting unfairly buried

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

8 Likes

Depends.

If you are acting all high and mighty saying people with low hp are bad, and blatantly trolling then it as trolling.

If you are having a legitimate discussion about the situation and providing some sort of solution then I won’t.

Tone of the post does a lot for it.

6 Likes

quite frankly, i find this to be a load of rubbish.

if posts were unsuitable, we had a report option.
not only was there a report option, it also had a box to let mods know why it was being reported.
that whole blurb just reeks of pc pr.

10 Likes

I’m already on it.

3 Likes

It is the left winging “ban/censor anything offensive”.
This goes for wow to even something “slightly” sensitive can get you in trouble.

I got in trouble recently on the forums for calling their products(statues like jaina) garbage.

in b4 private company.

2 Likes

It’s already happened :rofl:

2 Likes

Let me go get my :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Nah, it’s literally everyone. It’s not someones political agenda sorry to break it to you.

8 Likes

GD is a cesspool, what do you expect?

1 Like

Because everything that you don’t agree with is somehow related to politics now :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Aw hell. Here we go again.

Snacks! Get your snacks here! We got a buffet and various drinks ranging from safe to liver destroying!

:ramen: :taco: :rice_ball: :melon: :popcorn: :tea: :sake: :tropical_drink: :beers:

3 Likes

I should have quoted the whole thing. She mentioned the report option too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/6mnvw0/downvoting_removed_on_the_wow_forums/dk2y8ys/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Man I miss that.

5 Likes