Stop dismissing pets at the start of each mythic dungeon

I don’t understand why this is a thing. For Beast Mastery it is essential to have our pets at all times and if I entered into an instance with mine already out, I would like it to stay out.

Yes this is partly my fault for not remembering each time to recall my pet when the stone is entered but not all players do ready checks. Sometimes I am caught off guard by this when people randomly start and it is an inconvenience.
Please allow our pets to stay out and not need to be recalled when a mythic starts. This would be a great quality of life change.

8 Likes

I’m not against the idea, but I have honestly never, at any point, had a mythic start without some semblance of a countdown or something. That just seems incredibly foolish to do. That definitely sucks if you’ve experienced it.

2 Likes

Just have a call pet macro combined with kill command, that’s what I do.

2 Likes

Imagine instead having the wrong pet out and needing 4s + 1 GCD instead of just the 1 GCD, though?

We have a forced 10s to stare at a laser wall regardless. It’s not difficult to resummon in that time.

Now, while I do think the forced pet reset is better than not having it in the event of a necessary pet swap, if Dismiss Pet could be cast more quickly (especially, outside of combat), I’d agree that it shouldn’t de-summon pets.

1 Like

There’s a macro using toys that you can use in keys to insta dismiss your pet outside combat.

1 Like

I didn’t remember that. Thanks for the heads-up.

I imagine there’s some kind of technical reason for it, but I’m not sure exactly what. I’ve done enough keys on pet classes (and made the mistake of not summoning them at the start) that it’s automatic for me.

1 Like