Stop Crying About Ret Pally

People take their classes too personally. As seen by this thread.

4 Likes

WoW is and has always been a PvE game.

Also note - The weakest dogs have the loudest bark.

Whatever spec is best, who cares. At the end of the day you will be world rank something for your spec. If you’re world rank 100 ret paladin, who even cares about that. It’s much more impressive to be world top 10 arcane mage or whatever. Even if the raw score is lower.

1 Like

I dont main ret pally, I main BM hunter. Im just taking a gander through the forums and using an anecdotal story of my friend who does main ret pally to try and show some support for ret pally players

You say this, but…

The devs say this… note in particular that Execution Sentence will be nerfed at a later date. The note above is AFTER the PvP nerfs that were already enacted on 24-Mar below.

P.S. I main a ret pally, but have not PvP’d since WoD. :smiley:

2 Likes

“Hi welcome to blizzard entertainment! Where we pander to the constant nagging of people when it comes to the one class we say we try and pull out of the gutter but never actually do! How can we further lick your boots clean for you?!?!?”

The above statement is all I see with this. These damage and defensive nerfs will kill ret paladin in pvp when they just got done taking it out of the garbage can they pulled it from.

3 Likes

The forum posts seem to be to be biased by those that are unhappy with the game. Those that are happy playing could well be an overwhelming majority, but they don’t post here because they’re busy having fun in-game. Subsequently, I think the forums do not represent the majority sentiment, which should be taken into consideration when the devs make changes (I believe the devs look at their own internal data and that any forum sentiment weighting in their decision process is very low).

1 Like

“Ret paladin wasn’t meta before” and “Blizzard overshot their power level with the rework” are statements that are allowed to coexist.

That is a very “Press X to doubt” statement. If that WAS the case then the first round of nerfs toward ret paladin NEVER would have seen the light of day and the devs would have let things continue as they are. Instead we got “overwhelming feedback we have decided to do X to the class we JUST reworked”

Normally I would agree with you. But the sheer amount of ret paladin bias and anger towards the class trying to survive the constant witch hunts would suggest otherwise

It’s a spec in a video game, not a livelihood or an identity. I think you’re going to be fine.

2 Likes

The devs are wrong and are caving prematurely, because they didn’t learn their lesson about letting 12 wolves and one sheep decide what to eat for supper.

Every utility and CC we have is still dispellable, still the most kiteable class, still useless if CC’d during our massively telegraphed cooldowns, whiny people should L2P instead of crying for our burst to be further nerfed from 10.0.5. Starting with not putting literally everything you have on DR and having Shocked Pikachu Face one minute later because wings are 1min now, not 2!

It was MoP for me. I find the number of garbage BM Hunters complaining about us to be unforgivable. Where were these guys when their spec was globalling people with five unkillable Redpets? Go cry for Blizz to make MoP Classic, you’ll never see a Ret there. :triumph:

1 Like

Stop crying about people crying about Ret pally. The beating will continue until balance improves.

Ret being weak int the past isn’t justification for it being OP in the future. They weren’t slaves, or a marginalized group and aren’t getting reparations.

1 Like

When 5 ret paladins can time a +22 mythic dungeon, then there’s issues with the class being a little too OP, regardless of what your “friend” enjoys playing. We’ve all had our classed nerfed after a buff. This is nothing new, and it will continue on througout the lifespan of WoW.

2 Likes

I ignore all complaints about any class because I already know I’ve been playing this game long enough to know how it works there’s flavors of the month

1 Like

idk what u expect from this thread, people who don’t play ret arguing with people who play ret

1 Like

The problem is, every time the try to fix it they go way overboard and make a mess of the entire class while trying to overcorrect their initial clumsy adjustments.

I really dont see how this is overdone. Everything about a ret paladin can be cleansed off of them…literally everything. Unbound freedom isnt a thing anymore because everyone and their mother has a dispel now and spams it the moment you see freedom pop out.

Me and my best friend (the one who actually mains ret paladin) went back to back duels for about 2 and a half hours during the rework, after some explaining about whats happening the tide shifted to him consistently winning to me consistantly beating him, thats why I say it IS 100% a skill issue and nothing more, we also barely even pvp at all.

I have no problem with Ret doing great in any area of the game, provided there isn’t a big gear discrepancy with all involved.

When there is a significant gap on the low end with gear and the performance is nevertheless greatly superior, then I have an issue.

The latter seems to apply to Ret at the moment.

I mean the truth does tend to sting a bit doesnt it? Also judging you based off your current character I would feel pretty bad talking about anyone else if as a lvl 70 evoker I can get 100-0ed by a 19 twink ANYTHING. Heck a gust of wind does 30% of your hp bar :frowning: