Still yet to receive a Email stating why my account is locked

If it’s only a small amount of players and it’s the highest of priorities according to blue post/response to my previous post. Should it take this long? I have no idea since I have no information on my end, which could of been sent out in a email. I just wanna be able to play the game again. I’m missing out on Legion M+ this week , which ill have to wait another 3 1/2 months for.

1 Like

Mega /violin, I feel you on that one… I would be incredibly surprised if nothing was done to at least minorly compensate people for the time and inconvenience, considering in this situation accounts were outright locked.

What they have to do is look through individual logs and determine what items or gold were obtained as a result of the bug or exploitation of the bug, and reverse those changes. The last time I recall Blizzard having to individually fix accounts was during the absolute madness that ensued when realms started getting merged and people’s characters were reverting levels. It took them months to cycle through accounts to do that but that was on a far larger scale and far more complicated and problematic than this.

Problems like this are not routine or consistent so there isn’t really an ETA on it. The tech staff are probably scrambling in overdrive to control and repair the damage.

5 Likes

I don’t want to sound pessimistic, but this type of problem has to take at least 2 weeks to be fixed, I wish it were less, but that’s what I think :frowning:

I’m not sure, but if the development team has to manually check each account, it could be why. This forum would not have that detail to share.

1 Like

It was a disastrous bug and more importantly a disastrousway to handle it.
In 2022, after all those talks about how they want to improve communications…not explaining to people why their accounts is locked is not something tolerable.

Feedback on this needs to go in the General Discussion forum. The ones who make those decisions don’t take feedback from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them.

2 Likes

now they are removing blindly all the gold from my character lol
I didn’t open the mail, i didn’t cancel (i think). I played AH like i used to. And opened a ticket as soon as i saw the bugged.
What more could i have done?
removing like 1M gold, while the duped mails was about dozens of thousand maybe a hundred.
Someone is out of control with this bug, it needs to stop. And blue need to communicate.

No one is going to communicate with you about your specific situation over the forums.

Customer Support is not the place for feedback on the issue.

3 Likes

Why do you say that? If your account is currently locked then you would have no way to know what is done with it yet.

So far they have stated that accounts are locked pending investigation and resolution. There is no ETA yet about how long that will take. Subscriptions on the impacted accounts were removed so it won’t bill while you can’t play. Any possible compensation for lost time will be determined once they have a full understanding of impact and develop a policy.

4 Likes

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that my account is now unlocked. Still no communication. I found out by chance, and no word of compensation for the time lost.

I’ve had two open two additional ticket, original ticket still open after three days. One two ask for the restitution of the time lost as I’m sure you can all appreciate and to reiterate that I was not at fault here and I feel I should be compensated for the inconvenience of not being able to play during these two days, and the humiliation of having my 15 year old running subscription cancelled for no reason.

And another ticket to ask for an audit of the gold removed from my account. Based on my own ledger they have removed more than they should have. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if in their haste to resolve the issue they have now debited my account of proceeding from bonafide transactions.

To say that I’m truly disappointed in how this has been handled would be an understatement.

You will want to provide this letter in the survey you will receive when your tickets are resolved and closed out. There are NO GMs here on this forums, nor are there Devs. Our SFAs have tried to provide as much information as they possibly could to keep people in the know.

Unfortunately though, you’re only speaking to your fellow players here, as none of the staff who had anything to do with the account actions and fixing of things come here to see any of this. Customer Support is not Customer Service and it’s been stated by those before me - your feedback falls on deaf ears by posting here with your disappointment in how things were handled.

4 Likes

Oh don’t you worry. My post here is just to let those also impacted by this issue of the actions I’m taking now that my account has been fully restored. I understand that these forums are just a pantomime and that posting here leads to nothing. I’ve know this for a long time…hence why I hardly post.

There is no feedback in my post. Just facts. My disappointment is just that. A fact.

Contrary to what you claim, that is feedback.

6 Likes

Based on some GD posts, many players were granted 30 days of game time as compensation for the bug and lock. Seems gold was removed from some of those accounts that was generated by the bug.

6 Likes

Blizzard had a difficult bug w/the auction house. Was not the 1rst time a bug emerged w/ a new patch and will not be the last
Speaking for myself in the end blizzard ended up treating me more than fairly

3 Likes

Our SFAs have tried to provide as much information as they possibly could

Meaning ? LOL you stated this as if they were the heroes, they gave us 1 message saying they are working on it, and another saying they know the bug is still here. We have 0 informations about how to behave (open the mail or not), can we still used ah or not ? based on what i see and as a perfect exemple myself, they removed more gold than they should. Can we still used the app or not?
We just wanna play the game, and with every steps, we are in the uncomfortable position to wonder if the next action (buying cheap, canceling goods…) can result in sanctions…

You do realize the SFA’s don’t actually work on the game right ?

The SFA’s can only go on information that is given to them they are not clairvoyants.

7 Likes

Where did i say that they work on the game ? I get that they are the frontline, not having much informations. I used to work in this kind of jobs. But do not say it’s fine that they dont get enough informations. Is it being clairvoyants to give us proper update on a bug ?
It’s not fine when devs or whoever work on this bug, don’t communicate with the frontline support.

Thing is you could be less hostile and just ask for a update you will attract more flies with honey sorry vrak then with vinegar. And its well past the SFA working hours they wouldnt know anything till much later.

5 Likes

True. I’m being emotional. I gave up on paladin (seing the DF dev) to focus on making gold…only to find my precious coin removed more than they should. And for the love of God if someone say “they only remove duped gold” I’m gonna be sad. And I don’t even know how can I play AH anymore. It’s exhausting. I will temper myself now. Cheers