Still think templates are a bad idea?

Hope u enjoy grinding Azerite neck, corruption gear, legendary cloak, and essences for the next year :wink: :wink:

5 Likes

im 100% for templates, if gear literally plays no role what so ever.

It either matters, or it doesn’t.

1 Like

Templates scaled off ilvl.

If they just instituted templates then if you were relying on the conquest treadmill alone for gear you would still be at a huge disadvantaged because we’ll be stuck earning 430/440 gear for 13 weeks while next week PVEr’s and people doing horrific visions with 5 masks up will be getting 465/470ilvl drops.

PVP gear with PVP ilvl (a trait that boosted gear ilvl in PVP situations to be superior to PVE gear) available through PVP sources and being BiS for PVP, with 2 tiers (honour/conq) within <10% difference in performance, was the best system and is the best system. Anything else is just giving free handouts to either PVErs or no lifers who scream “iTs aN mMoRpG!”.

4 Likes

Where do you get these numbers?

wowhead/mmochamp

Got a link? Last I read everything increases 30 ilvl putting non rated cp gear at 445 then 460.

Should be in an article in the first ten pages of MMOchamp if you want to look it up

Just because bfa is trash dosent mean we need templates. They need to get rid of the 500000 passive abilities and fix classes than we would be in a much better place
 Id take templates right now over this BUT overall in a perfect world imo templates just kill what mmo pvp is supposed to be.

5 Likes

We need something other than “grind our boring PvE bull#$%^ or suck”.

4 Likes

I heard that cloak only goes up to level 15, do we have to keep grinding beyond that? And neck stops at like 80 or something?

I miss the PvP set bonuses, trinket 2pc damage reduction, and glove bonus so much.

2 Likes

Concordance worked in Legion instanced PVP and templates scaled on ilevel. In other words you have to PVE to PVP in BFA or Legion.

Templates would only work if they gave player options for stat loadouts. Or customize stat load outs for instanced PVP as that would be cool.

The thing that made templates bad was the lack of stat customization.

Blizzard gave each spec a stat distribution they thought was best and that was the end of end of it. No tweaking of any kind. This worked fine if your class had a good stat distribution.

The analogy I like to use is giving everyone on your soccer team size 10 shoes. It works great if you have a size 10 foot.

WoD PvP had it right. It had the best balance between PvE and PvP gear.

4 Likes

is this true about wod

• Scripted gameplay
  • Pruning started
  • Turbo
  • H pal godcomp
  • Frozen chicken
  • RMD
  • Arcane mages
  • Survival/bm hunters in 2s
  • Marks hunter died
  • FLS/WLS
  • Disc priest aka saving grace design
  • Combat rogues
  • One shot potential disappeared in bgs
  • Kick botting

Don’t forget spectral guise and fear-or-roots. All three of those together were so much fun for me (but terrible for everyone else.)

1 Like

I prefer templates. At least you could just jump in and be at a level playing field

Perhaps all they need to add are template options which you can select for stat adjustments

Yep. And they didn’t care enough to fix the wonky imbalances in lower level brackets, which could’ve been a lot of fun with better tuned templates.

How about this.

Within the “Equipment Manager” you have a default PvP set. When you open this set, you get a reforging interface which allows you to allocate stats for each piece of gear. You could even select trinket effects, enchants, gems, etc.

This now becomes your PvP gear set which is automatically equipped whenever you enter instanced PvP.

Instead of having gear as a reward, have a token earned via conquest points. This token can then be used to tweak your template by adding extra on use effects, gem slots, stats, etc.

This way Blizzard controls how much we get. But we get to choose how to use it.

1 Like

Or just bring back vendors or templates.