Still nothing on Totemic and Stormbringer

How are these things not even part of the alpha yet? You’ve got completely OP and awesome hero talent trees already out, but there’s no way to balance anything effectively if you don’t put it on the alpha in time.

7 Likes

Totemic was datamined. Storm no. I wonder if they changed stuff since then. Cause Totemic resto seemed really nice. Even tough most people dont like totem I kinda do

1 Like

Seriously I’m checking WoWhead constantly to see if they get shown/released :sweat_smile:. It’s become a problem…

5 Likes

Only some of the nodes, but not all of them. Not to mention most of them were super vague.

2 Likes

on 4/22 they stated

Weeks. We are at 1 week.

Everyone needs a second pass first.

12 Likes

We are not the struggling kid, we are the skeleton at the bottom.

17 Likes

I need to know if im gonna need a specific setup for how much ill be hitting stormstrike next xpac

I honestly love the storm strike mashing and the dopamine hits of procs and resets but yeah I hope they make crash lightning at least a second single target ability to use along side it. Crash lightning has such a cool animation and sound effect, perfect for a bringer of storms

2 Likes

What does this even mean?

I’m guessing he means how stormstrike has become a filler ability instead of being our main melee damage dealer. It’s definitely taken a back seat to lava lash for half of the expansion now. Lava lash is fun, but lava and fire is elemental’s thing, not enhancement’s.

2 Likes

As long as its there by release we really can’t complain.

1 Like

I play storm build and mash stormstrike so much i worry i might break my key

1 Like

I respectfully disagree. It needs to be there right now so it can be tested.

All the classes currently getting a second or third pass because stuff didn’t work right or wasn’t fun to play is what shaman is going to lose out on. Fixes and updates take time and the longer they drag their feet the less time we/they have.

I’m honestly pretty shocked that they didn’t have everything ready to test for alpha. Testing is the whole point of alpha. Beta is for polishing and fixes. How do they go into a testing phase with nothing to test?

14 Likes

Theres a hold button to cast option for that if you wanted.

Uhm hello? Where is this awesome button.

It is in the in-game settings somewhere. I believe somewhere in combat. Im not at my gaming computer so I can’t log in and give you the exact path to find it. I believe frost mages in PvE are notorious for using it just hold down their frost bolt key haha.

1 Like

Don’t you put that evil on us. The fire build for elemental is atrocious.

8 Likes

this is exactly what happened in the DF alpha to beta.

it took forever to see any new changes since nothing was changed from alpha to beta.

2 Likes

Just like last time, we’re going to get shipped with something half-baked because there was no time for feedback, and then forgotten about for the entire expansion. Most of us will reroll, shrinking the shaman population even further and making our problems even less relevant. Ad infinitum until the class is completely dead

5 Likes

Shamans have been pretty neglected for a while. I think dragonflight was a good step for us, especially cause of the new talent trees, but Blizzard doesn’t even acknowledge the issues with the class. Ele fire builds feel awful unless you want to spam lava burst every gcd, and I hate primordial wave. The lightning builds are clunky, and earthquake feels awful to press when earth shock is still better in AoE.

2 Likes