Still can't begin the mechagnome starting quest and still no response from blizzard

Haven’t been able to begin the quest chain. All requirements complete. Been this way since before the patch 1st pre-patch and still no word from blizzard on the issue. Anyone else have this problem.

that depends on if you are on that character that you have done the requirements on. im not sure if you can just hop on any character and do the quest chain i believe it has to be the one you got the requirements on. try going on a diff character or all to check to confirm this issue. if none can do the quest starter then i suggest actually phone calling them to get a answer quicker.

well it was said that you can unlock the chain with anyone, which i have on my horde druid. And then it is said that you’d need a 100 or higher on the opposite faction if needed, which i have 13 max levels of on the opposite faction, was able to complete all of the other allied races quest, they all shown up with 0 issue. the mechagon one does not on no character at all. and it is also showing i meet the unlock criteria.

I think I had the same problem, but I honestly don’t remember how I solved the problem. I remember looking up the quest chain on wowhead and reading the comments. Other people had the same problem and explained the fix.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/clarifying-the-process-for-unlocking-mechagnomes/410713

You don’t have to be. You need to have unlocked Mechagon on the character you’re doing the chain on but that’s it. You can complete all of the other requirements on a different character.

You need to unlock the chain on an Alliance toon. Unless it’s been changed. I had completely done Mechagon on my Horde and got the achieve but I still couldn’t unlock the Mechagnomes until I did it again on my Alli toon.

I unlocked them shortly after they were released having done everything on this character. The only thing I had to do on my Alli alt was the chain to unlock Mechagon itself.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I think that was the deal.

I have mechagon island unlocked on ally alts, still no mechagnome quest. nothing.

Pretty sure this character is similarly bugged. I have to surfboard over to Mechagon from Drustvar every time I run JY or WS. Don’t care enough to sort it out though…

As long as you complete all the prerequisites you can start the chain on any Alliance character you have. I did everything on my alliance main and then did the unlock quest on my gnome mage because it felt more thematically appropriate.

Check and make sure you haven’t already started/accepted the quest on one of your other alts already. I don’t believe you can get it if you already have it on another.

It finally randomly showed up on a log in today…what a mess. Thanks to all those who chimed in. Blizz needs to really investigate this issue more.

There is nothing in game that states you have to complete Rustbolt Rebellion (Exalted Status) to unlock this. if this is the case it should show when trying to create the character or on the banner in the Embassy.

that post was from january, the reputation requirement has been removed since then

With BFa ar is it faction specific? I know on legion it wasn’t. Didn’t blizzard try to address this in a hot fix? Maybe file a ticket.

OP already responded…

Sorry I missed that. Thanks.

The mechagnome quest is in mechagon. It doesn’t start in stormwind.

1 Like