Sticking Cursor Reproduction Steps

I’ve been QAing the cursor issues that many of us have been having, and I have some reliable reproduction steps.

• Left-click (and release) to target a friendly NPC or player. This unit must be within ~20 yards - the bug can not be reproduced reliably with a target outside of ~20 yards. In fact, at 40 yards I cannot reproduce at all. NOTE: Targeting an NPC or player is not required, it seems any click on terrain that is within ~20 yards also produces the bug. For example, clicking the ground beneath you within ~20 yards.
    Clicking the skybox or distant terrain will not reproduce the bug. I’m guessing any left-click on a point-in-space that is within ~20 yards from your character is required for the bug.

• While the left click is depressed, do not move your mouse. Immediately after releasing left click (your cursor should still be on the target unit), drag the mouse to move the cursor in any direction. “Immediately” in this case seems to be something in the range of [0 - ~0.2s]. If you leave the mouse motionless on the target for more than ~0.2s, the bug cannot be reproduced.

• Observe that the mouse will “rubber band” back to its initial position on every frame, essentially “sticking” the cursor to its initial position after left-click release.

I am able to reproduce this 100% of the time using the above steps. If a dev would like to chat about this or needs more information about my hardware/software specs, let me know.

I’m doing this to help with a speedy fix. Currently unplayable for me!

4 Likes

^this, game is unplayable until this bug is fixed for me

Great work. Using OP’s method I’m now able to produce the bug every time on nearby terrain.

Using the same method with right click also reproduces the same “stickiness” result

This is correct! Right-click also has a 100% repro rate with the above steps.

So, this was never resolved? I see all this posts from 2020, and here I am experiencing it now.