Stewards, Dredgers, and Stoneborn are slave races

Would you be satisfied if your character got an answer other than, “Oh, we home grow our slaves. It’s better this way. We don’t have to pay them anything! We sit back and put our feet up on their backs while they clean up our messes. It’s so convenient and we made sure they love every moment because it’s funnier.”

Knowing Blizzard I imagine they’d have an actual reply of, “Stewards are born of the anima in Bastion, and that anima comes from us. They’re not born into servitude as much as, like us, they find fulfillment in service.”

Why is anyone at all surprised that Kyrestia has slaves? She willingly throws every soul into the Maw.

1 Like

Renethal: “She’s not real, Draven.”
Draven: “I was carved from stone. She is carved from fabric. Am I no less real?”
Renethal: “… Very well. I merely ask that you stop asking the new recruits their opinions on… What was it? With the serpents, centaurs, and spi–”
Draven: “Monster Musume. With all due respect, my prince, if their choice of waifu is of low caliber, so are they.”
Renethal: <Concerned, uncomfortable stare.> “… As you were, General.”

15 Likes

Can’t breath…laughing…too hard…

Except this falls flat, because of the fact that it has been stated that you can actually retire from certain afterlives with Draka serving as an example.

I don’t know if Stewards fit the bill, they are generated by Bastion itself and its not as though the Kyrian force them to work, they do so of their own volition.

1 Like

Wait what? How is Draka an example of retirement?

We were told, regarding her and Durotan, that she could eventually retire from Maldraxxus to be with her husband if she chose it.

We did? Wow, I must have missed that. When did that conversation happen?

Danuser mentioned it in an interview.

So, Draka and Durotan, obviously some point along the way, did get separated. Where did Durotan go? We don’t know as of yet. Does Draka know? No, she doesn’t really know. But those strands of rope I mentioned before, think of those as strands of fate. Different souls that have crossed over or intersected one another through life, I think there is probably something that draws them, that keeps some tether between them even in the afterlife […]

So, don’t give up hope that Draka and Durotan might be reunited someday. But right now Draka has a job to do and that is front and center in her mind in terms of what she needs to do in order to perhaps earn the respite that she’s due and be able to visit the mortals she cared about so much in life.

Cool. Thanks!

Given the fact that the Accuser made a comment about Draven having to ‘wait his turn’ to soulbind with my blood elf mage, I’m getting a creepy feeling that his waifu pillow looks like her X.x

2 Likes