Stepped out to grab food. Came back and now have an hour queue

Can you please quote this source for reference?

Layering should have no impact on queues because it does not impact maximum server capacity. It should only impact how many people with whom you can interact in one zone.

And no. You are confusing sharding and layering. Layering makes copies of the world so a realm rhat could normallu have a cap of 3k now has 3k per layer.

Sharding is what splits up the population per zone

My mistake then, my non-ICT background is showing.

No worries, im just trying to stop the spread of misinformation.

Either way, come phase 2 herod, faerlina, and others are going to be a nightmare

Yaay, Whitemane…

If it makes you feel better it seems more and more servers are getting fuller and fuller. I expect queues everywhere

(As opposed to the sharp drop off blizzard expected)

I remote in to my laptop and click my macro to lay a trap. Getting taco Bell is serious business

1 Like

I actually suspect some are showing as more full as they decrease the number of layers over time.

Either way, im not seeing this massive drop off blizzard expected?

That’s why you’re 56, and I’m only 40 :frowning:

True but how would you? At the start, a “medium” realm with a slew of layers had more than the highest vanilla server. HOWEVER, as they remove layers, you may not notice a change in overall server population. At least when viewing the “fullness” indicators in the server chooser. When they remove a layer, that indicator may jump up a notch, making it appear more full than it had previously. When in reality, it has less total population, but less layers and a lower cap.

HOPEFULLY, all servers will be “full” status when layers are completely gone.

Servers without queues are waiting for you.

What did you get to eat?

When more people get frustrated and leave the server.

You have no idea how layering works. It has nothing to do with server queues.

Happily playing on Earthfury. Good server tbh

Blizzard disagrees.

Butter chicken with garlic naan bread… was worth waiting an hour in queue for

Look at realm populations.

Imagine layering is removed.