I’m looking to come back to WOW after some time, but I really want to unlock the void elves and start fresh on alliance as a void elf.
I currently have a level 50 horde character and a level 110 alliance character. What are the exact steps I need to take to unlock the void elves?
Hi and here ya go. Enjoy!
You need to gain access to the Argus content from Legion Dalaran, then get exalted with the Argussian Reach faction on Argus and obtain the ‘You are now prepared’ achievement on Argus. After this, you need to use an at least level 110 Alliance character to complete a recruitment quest starting in Stormwind.
Thanks for some of the responses I’m trying my best to understand as much as I can, but as a brand new player, what are the exact steps I need to take to do this? And also maybe is there anyone out there willing to help me complete this or guide me in the right direction step by step?
If the 110 in question is a boosted character, then they need to go to Broken Isles Dalaran and talk to Khadgar inside the Violet Citadel. You’ll need to pick up the quest “The Hand of Fate.” That starts the quest chain for Argus.
If the character is not a boost, then you’ll need to first unlock Legion world quests on the character. Again, Khadgar in the Violet Citadel will have the quest “Uniting the Isles.” There are two versions of the quests depending on if you’ve unlocked world quests on another character on the account. (If you have, you just get to turn the quest back in. If you haven’t the quest requires you to get your rep up with the leveling zones.)
Once world quests are unlocked, you’ll go to Krasus’ Landing in Broken Isles Dalaran and look for Khadgar, who will give you a quest to assault the broken shore. Complete the scenario, turn in the quest when you get ported to the broken shore, then head back to Dalaran. You can now go to Khadgar in the Violet Citadel to pick up “The Hand of Fate.”
For Argus itself, here’s a guide:
Basically, do all the things to get your rep up and get the story achievement. (You don’t have to do the Follower quests to progress the story. They are worth some rep, but if you haven’t already leveled your followers up, you’ll probably be close to done with your rep by the time they’re geared up enough to be useful for those quests.)
AHH thank you so much! This is what I’ve been looking for. I’m gonna log in tomorrow after the game is done downloading and check it out. I’ll come back and let you know how it goes. I appreciate your time <3
I have been playing WoW almost since the very beginning (Burning Crusade) and I have never been so confused on how to unlock any of these races. Every “guide” and link I click leads to a spiderweb of tabs in my browser on dozens of quests and achievements that need to be completed and I cannot find where to begin on some of this, what my progress is, etc. I don’t find the Attunement Tool helpful, it doesn’t tell me where I need to go next. Maybe I am missing something simple in all this, but I have never been so confused with this game.
Check you tube it might be easier for you.
There is a pattern to how the unlocks work.
First, each allied race has prerequisites. These will be two things:
Get exalted with the appropriate faction for the race
- Highmountain Tauren — Highmountain Tauren
- Nightborn — Nighfallen
- Void Elves — Argussian Reach
- Lightforged Draenai — Army of the Light
- Mag’har Orcs — Honorbound
- Dark Iron Dwarbes — 7th Legion
- Zandalari Trolls — Zandalar Empire
- Kul Tirans — Proudmoore Admiralty
- Vulpira — Volduni
- Mechagnomes — Rustbolt Resistance
Complete the story achievement appropriate to the race
- Highmountain Taruen — “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” complete the quests in Highmountain
- Nightborn — “Good Suramaritain” and “Insurrection” complete the quests in Suramar. (This one can get a bit tricky as there are some out of the way things that can be easy to miss that stall progress. There are plenty of good guides out there.)
- Void Elves — “You are Now Prepared” complete the Argus storyline
- Lightforged Draenai — “You are Now Prepared” complete the Argus storyline
- Mag’har Orcs — “Ready for War” complete the first part of the War Campaign
- Dark Iron Dwarbes — “Ready for War” complete the first part of the War Campaign
- Zandalari Trolls — “Zandalar Forever” this requires the main storylines for the 3 leveling zones as well as a followup chain once that’s done
- Kul Tirans — “A Nation United” this requires the main storylines for the 3 leveling zones as well as a followup chain once that’s done
- Vulpira — “Secrets in the Sands” complete the Voldun quests
- Mechagnomes — “The Mechagon Threat” complete the Mechagon storyline (including the dungeon.)
Zandalari and Kul Tirans will also need to complete the War Campaign up through “Tides of Vengeance.” This takes the war campaign up to the Battle of Dazar’alor, but does not require the raid.
After you’ve completed the prereqs for a race, you’ll need to do a short quest chain to do the actual unlock. You can pick these up at the Embassy. For this, you’ll need a character on the appropriate faction that’s level 120 (110 for Void Elves, Lightforged Draenai, Highmountain Tauren, and Nightborn.)
There are two Dalarans One in Northrend and one in Broken Isle. I found this out the hard way.
Technically there are 3…but one of them is only a crater (mage’s can still port you into the crater though!)