Step 1 - Cash Grab. Step 2 - Grab More Cash

At least by paying for an early access, you end up with the actual product upon release.

Correct me if I am wrong, but to get to character creation you will still be dealing with the login server, which is where queues happened. You could potentially be fighting literal millions of retail player accounts trying to snag names the moment the service becomes available.

I was going to respond with the white knight gif, but this is more deserving of:

1 Like

Well, giving it to them for no additional cost has a lot to do with them trying classic. More likely to stay in classic however? Cite your sources.

Yea, they spoiled you

1 Like

Most likely yes, but there will be less people trying to reserve their names because of the 15 dollar entry fee. Also, the lack of actual game means the queue wont be as long if there is one to begin.

So Blizzard’s not allowed to make changes to policy as they see fit? You might not like it, but it’s looking like Blizzard is fine with it or they would have done a 180 already.

One of the most meaningless accusations on these forums. Right up there with “shill.”

I’ll never understand how people can devote so much effort to hating every decision Blizzard makes, and yet still think they’re going to enjoy Classic WoW.

1 Like

I’m not shocked. Just calling it out.

Debatable. Subscribers were the ones spamming the wall of no, while pserver players were begging for classic. You could easily argue non-subscribers are the target market. Now forced to sub if they want a chance at beta and early access names.

Almost as if we’re being inundated with trolls.

Names arn’t important.If I don’t get the name I want i’ll grab another,If thats taken I’ll rinse and repeat.

I’m not convinced that Blizzard wants to be rewarding people who played on illegal private servers.

Everyone I know thats in the beta preordered the 99 dollar CE

2 weeks … lessee now … add two, carry the one … subtract … oh screw it. It’s about 2 bucks per name.

Geez, can we stop with the whiny “they’re taking my money” threads?

Uninstall WOW and go outside and play. There, problem solved.

Thanks, did that. Problem persists.

Who would’ve guessed. Ignoring a problem does not make it go away.

You mean… the people they’re making classic for?