Stealth detection crystal in arena should be like DH spectral sight

give us wall hacks so we can see where the player is.

and remove the damage increase taken when you pick it up. outdated design that should have been deleted 10 years ago

81 Likes

Yeah the crystal is really awful. If you aren’t a pet class that can send it after them it’s extremely difficult to even see where they are.

The targeting dot on the minimap doesn’t even show up if you have them targeted like it does with any other normal target. Can’t even use that to help you… so bad.

3 Likes

It’s supposed to help you knock stealthies out who are delaying but game but it isn’t even good for that, at least in the case of rogues, particularly sub, where they just sap you and run around until damp sets or waiting for cds.

They probably want to avoid making adjustments that could result in it being used in other ways because double sub or rogue trying to 1v1 somebody is probably an uncommon enough occurrence that they don’t bother

2 Likes

If mid match a rogue goes in stealth for more than 30 seconds they should take a stacking debuff called cowardice that makes them take extra damage. 10% per stack, stacks 5 times before afk’ing them out.

God I hate rogues.

50 Likes

Yes.

No.

1 Like

its just so bad. like at least make name plates work for it or something. all you can do is target them, and guess which pillar they’re at via seeing if your spells are in range.

yes, theres no need for that design in the meta we currently exist or any meta for the past like 3 expansions.

why can a rogue sit in stealth by a crystal and insta sap/open the player and get an instant damage buff against me. where is the counter play in that.

to be fair its rare whenever you need a crystal and can actually get to one, but it needs to not be a completely useless and even detrimental thing to grab.

shadow sight in it’s current iteration is garbanzo

12 Likes

your friends.

I like punishing people not being aware of the crystal and just running over it. Happens often to me

ye love getting mc’d into a crystal into a full kidney shadowy duel

Yeah, crystals are laughably bad.

10 Likes

Anti-stealth mechanics in general are laughably bad.

In an era where getting a solid opener is no longer pivotal to rogue play, it feels more like a cherry on top.

In the last 10 years rogues have recieved numerous buffs and qol fixes to stealth on the form of movement speed increases, conduits/abilities that heal them, give them absorbs, and even protection from having openers stopped by allowing them to still open anyways if caught.

On top of this the indirect buffs to stealth in the firm of huge mobility increases with multiple shadowsteps, and cd reductions in sprint and vanish.

In this span of time the only changes to anti-stealth has been the introduction of DH spectral sight, the removal of faerie fire, and several nerfs to hunters mark, and flare.

I suppose you could consider the re-introduction of hunters mark a buff, however compared to WoTLK it’s a watered down diet version, when rogues didn’t have half the stealth training wheels they have now.

Very “frustrating” to deal with.

17 Likes

Adding nameplates is such an obvious adjustment, not sure why stealth needs so many fail safes

Idk bout anyone else but there’s a distinct difference between tapping someone fading to stealth vs say invis or camo

So many times I’ve flame shocked someone stealthing, hear the sfx and animation fizzle and they stealth anyway

14 Likes

i want ff back on my df talent tree

2 Likes

bruh i want it back for you. this isnt right

3 Likes

I’m an era where knocking a rogue out of stealth still allows them to use their “stealth only” abilities because of subterfuge. Can’t even punish a rogue anymore for misplaying the opener haha.

12 Likes

Outplayed.

3 Likes

not disagreeing with you but crying for a nerf because rmx can abuse something is really not a good argument to make.

@rest of thread, stop calling it stealth. Its invisibility.

If your dead center in a flare you shouldn’t be able to get sap. Just my thoughts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One thing that’s slept on imo is that cloaked in shadows conduit doesn’t overlap with vanish.

not just rmx, its just a bad mechanic in general that serves no purpose. look at tiger’s peak arena. any fear pathing will put you into a crystal. now you’re taking increased damage for no reason.

get it gone :imp: :imp:

2 Likes

I find it interesting how if I’m standing on the little ramps in Tiger’s Peak or the big ones in Mugumbooga that Death Grip fizzles more often than not.

1 Like