Stealth buffs on PTR - Kala video

Demo feels so much better to play than aff this expansion, Its so much more fluid the way the spells work off one another and the rotation. Would be a nice change of pace if it became viable in Keys.

Pretty much this, there is so many vague cases and missing tooltips neither devs nor players understand what should affect what. Its so convoluted. If something amps damage, it should amp that damage for anything from you (as seen for why they changed roaring blaze)

It does, but if i use everything and have 0 shards, man it feels slow to do anything. shadowbolt is just super underwhelming.

2 Likes

Yea that’s why soul strike feels so good. The instant shard gen is great.

Kinda disappointed that Eradication butfs pet damage. I rather it be Roaring Blaze since that talent is amazing while Eradication is pretty meh.

1 Like

Have you seen the big buffs other classes have gotten? This will still leave us middle of the road. But I’m OK with that if the spec is working better.

1 Like

I mean but will it? It’ll keep Aff treading water where it is today, sure; and it may make demo the defacto m+ spec but destro would have to meta Eradication to take advantage of it and demo doesn’t see a load of st gain from FTS interaction as our shadowflame applies to fewer things overall.

Worth doing and I’m glad to see it but I remain unconvinced it’ll make any of the specs work better.

2 Likes

Spoken like a real pro when it comes to dealing with Blizzard lol

I should be noted that for Demo to get the most out of this buff requires not having Vilefiend, so it has yet to be determined if that negates the buff.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a buff to Big Dog Build

that’s why its so far just an upgrade to m+ spec and may push demo to be the leader there.
remains to be seen how st reacts especially with the buffs to dreadbite and call dreadstalkers to begin with and the buff to the dogs leggo may play a factor. we just don’t know how it all will pan out atm for st. so don’t make plans

Please define “Dog Build”. I don’t know what that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqDUi_UZWXs&t=138s&ab_channel=Sjeletyven

There’s two Dog Builds:

1. Soul Conduit = Pure Big Dog Build

Endless shards, you can Tyrant on Cooldown, tied to Grim Inquisitor Lego (Hands = % increase on Dreadstalkers)

1. G:FG = “balanced”/burst Big Dog Build

Tyrant tied to GFG, stronger single target than Pure Big Dog usually, using either Grim Inquisitor Lego or the Double HoG lego

1 Like

I’m just not sold on a 4% chance on a proc. Same goes with other items such as Lego’s with a small percentage of a proc. Damage is too unpredictable ( not that it isn’t already), and you can really come up with some long dry spells.

4% chance per dog

It happens fairly frequently

Haste also affects it indirectly since it’s 4% per dog bite, and they bite faster with higher haste

the good news is you don’t have to buy it. :smiley: math and experience check it out.
personally i prefer gfg anyway however. better dmg on bosses and you don’t loose a whole lot on aoe. you just gotta make sure you have it up for bosses

Considering they plan to buff the dog in 9.1 (from what i heard) this could be a major buff in mythic+. The dog build was already okayish so a buff to the dog + a silent buff to FTS could make it an interesting build for mythic+. With more haste i could see that build becoming a viable alternative in mythic+.

Yeah it was buffed from 0.9 multiplier to 1.0 multiplier

call dreadstalkers AND dreadlash AND FTS AND the dogs leggo unless i misremember.

i honestly think that blizzard is intentionally making the big dogs build the go-to m+ for demo on purpose and may be trying to make big dog demo the go-to m+ for warlocks in general

Yea, dog build may be in, but do we have any numbers reflecting this on par? Link if you do.

I just tested this on the ptr and the dreadbite buff isn’t affecting my imps and tyrant damage anymore. Can anyone else confirm that?