Stealth buffs on PTR - Kala video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuYYdwa5hkg&ab_channel=Kalamazi

tldr:

• Affliction Shadow’s Embrace and Haunt affects baseline pet damage
  • Destruction Eradication affects baseline pet damage
  • Demonology’s From the Shadows affects baseline pet damage (except Felguard) + Demonic Tyrant
2 Likes

I’m In class gimme the breakdown so I don’t have to blast this into the instructors ears

added a tldr

yeah basically all the damage buff abilities for your character are now getting shared onto your pets. like haunt’s dmg boost on aff works on your pet as well

4 Likes

Was just comming here to mention this. I really want to play dogs with their lego, or at least have a choice.

IF this is intentional, this is pretty big for demo in pve

2 Likes

something tells me this is an unintentional byproduct of the update to the pet AI targeting fix. gotta be skeptical of something giving that much of a boost, especially to the red headed stepchild spec

either that, or it wasn’t functioning properly the whole time and they stealth fixed it and this guy caught it lol

6 Likes

I mean, it wasn’t.

The Warlock community justified it not working/applying because the tooltip says “the warlock’s spells” or whatever, and the Imp and Tyrant are not The Warlock™.

IMO it was always supposed to work lol

2 Likes

It may make demo the defacto m+ spec. Especially with the dogs leggo getting buffed to potentially useful levels

its been a talent since BFA that wouldve had to fly under the radar for nearly 4 years

Or they were aware of the bug and simply chose not to put in the effort to fix it.

e.g. Wrathguard/Shivarra dual wield

And now that warlocks require tuning, they realized its easier to fix this bug than to balance numbers.

3 Likes

i mean just because something has been around a while doesn’t mean its necessarily correct. i hope this is a true change, it would open up a lot of new build options

true and it is demo, they break it 3-4 times an expansion and in those windows it gets to be good lol

3 Likes

Thanks homie

1 Like

The eradication buff is going to effect infernal which will make it mandatory. The loss of extra backdraft will make rotations feel miserable.

It doesn’t affect infernal.

1 Like

I/Kala said baseline T.T

Then it’s a completely worthless buff to a talent no body takes outside of pvp, and in pvp you want sac pet anyways. (for destro)

edit: bad buffs like this grind my gears because they screw us out of getting help later in an area we need.

im guessing the whitelist on all 3/4 of these spells got reset with some push and they need to re-do them

Yeah, this kinda just seems like an oopsie to me.

1 Like