Staying alive better in cat over bear

If you are not in cat already then faerie fire is worth.

But if you’re already in cat, popping out to faerie fire is a waste imo

1 Like

God yes,

One thing they messed up on normal wow was not allowing us to pick our own talents, and then nerfing feral combo points, and removing our builder skill.

I just got to level 21, and I missed playing feral kitty the way I used to right before I think it was legion when they nerfed the crap out of them.

I believe you can put talents into +40 energy every time you go into cat form.

100% chance to gain 40 energy.

Question about Macros: Can I transfer my macros from normal wow to wow classic or are the commands different (I know the skill names are, but the base commands is what I’m asking)

Yeah it’s called furor, in the first line of resto tree. Definitely worth to pickup sometime.

Most of them should work, except focus target commands.

For the most part they can transfer, the biggest difference between classic and retail macros comes down to what is on the global cooldown.

Cool thx, I don’t use focus target just use macros for skill combinations due to limited toolbar space.

So delay timers need to be adjusted. I did notice the GCD.

Yeah at 32 I currently have every ability macrod.

Every non bear or cat form spell has a /cancelform macro attached.

And most bear/cat abilities have /startattack in it.

1 Like

Furor! Love it. I probably shift in and out of forms to often just because it’s fun: Moonfire/Farifire then BOOM! Bear Form for Demoralize Roar, then BAM! Cat form with insta 40 energy, then WAM! In and out of Cat form for 40 more energy!

Than I’m OOM, cant heal myself, then die.

Wouldn’t change a thing.

1 Like

Higher DPS can be a good way to avoid damage, why I started rolling with my Succubus instead of my Voidwalker: She does around 3-4x the DPS which will only increase further with the right talents, and she just deletes things whereas my Voidwalker gently taps whatever he’s fighting and eventually loses aggro anyway due to his low damage

Bear is great for survival, but you may end up taking more damage purely because it’s taking longer for you to kill the threat(s)

lol

Yes, I never played classic wow before, but I realized that right away when I did the exact same thing recently.

If you like shifting a lot, it may be worth going 8 points into balance for the 30% reduced Mana for shifting

1 Like

It was like that until around level 40 for me. Cat is faster, but you take way more damage than you do in Dire Bear Form (specifically Dire Bear, not just Bear).

Depending on the gear you have, you’ll probably have to shift out to heal every 3-4 mobs, but as a Cat, that happens faster, and the mana cost of shifting out to heal and back in will force you to drink and slow you down more than just killing the mobs slightly slower by using Dire Bear and never needing to drink.

If the mobs are beneath my level, I still go Cat, though, as my Ravage generally brings a mob to 30-50% HP if it crits.

Ty,

I use a lot of cast sequence macros.

That’s what I was wondering if the commands are the same.

I’ve been thinking about it; looking at a real crappy hybrid of 15/whatever’s left/10. You know, that way I can’t do really anything except power shift for days. That’s a long way off, though so plenty of time to figure it out.

And also from bear form. Problem with this macro is it wastes a boatload of mana if you’re spamming it while already in bear form. This works much better:

#showtooltip
/cancelform [noform:1]
/cast [noform:1] Dire Bear Form
/cast [noform:1] Bear Form

Some great druid macros here:

I’d love to see them, am considering druid after I get this mage established at 60.

Never played a druid before (only mage/hunter of the original classes), so anything that helps me not be a total noob is welcome.

I am having the exact opposite experience. In cat form, I am almost dead before the mobs die. I am thinking about switching to bear form, but I can’t find any guides on how to level/dps as a bear. Can you please share your spec/gear that lets kill so quickly without dying?